Yorkie sitting

Discussion in 'YP Yorkie Talk' started by KippersMa, Sep 1, 2018.

1. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    As many of you may remember, my friend's two yorkies came to stay while she went on an overseas trip with her husband. We typically care for these two escape artists each summer for a week or ten days.
    This time, they arrived on Thursday, August 16 and I thought my friend told me that she would pick them up on August 28. Well......obviously, this being the 1st of September and no word from my friend, the dogs are still here! I tried texting her but did not receive an answer. They have three days left of food, so I was hoping to hear when they would return so I would know whether or not to buy more dog food for them. They do not eat the same kind that my dogs eat.
    Meanwhile, they have done pretty good if you don't count the fact that they poop and pee in my house when I have not been paying attention and they got into our camping supplies and ripped open a few packages of spiced cider, a bag of marshmallows, and a pack of microwave popcorn! They also managed to escape one time when my husband didn't pay attention to the fact that I was standing outside with them to go potty and he opened the back gate. Out they ran! Oh, and they do NOT come back when they are called! I ran after them and managed to catch the male when he stopped to mark his place and I caught the female by a pure miracle from God, who loves me. Whew.
    Omari loves to play with the little girl, as they are both two years old. They race around the backyard so fast, it is hard to follow them! Goyang-i, our cat, has adjusted to them being here and they finally stopped barking and chasing him. Dear Goyang-i has been spending more time outside, though.

cathy.akers and grandmatoall like this.
  2. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    Wow, they all look really good, Susan. Where's Buddy??? Did he get his hair done too.

grandmatoall likes this.
  3. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Buddy did not get groomed this time. Here is a video of him being frisky after being on antibiotics. He is really improving!

4. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.

Poo:
    Poo:
    Mr Buddy...He is still very handsome. I love all of your sweet babies. As you know, Buddy holds a very special place in my heart. I would love to have a baby just like him.

I love all of their summer do's. You have very gorgeous babies. Even the extra two. I hope your friend contacts you pretty soon, so you know when they will be returning.

Thank you for the video's.

5. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    Thanks for sharing the video of Buddy. I just love him and so glad to see that he is improving. The video put a smile on my face.

grandmatoall likes this.
  6. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Great news! Our friends arrived back from Switzerland just after midnight (the reason she did not get my text at 8pm) and they just picked up their sweet babies! The scary part was that our mail delivery person left a package and I barely opened the door and realized the gate was left open, so out popped their two dogs and straight for our busy highway!!! Thankfully, both were retrieved without any trauma, other than mental. I am so thankful they are both back home and I don't have to worry about their escaping acts! Thank you all for your kind comments regarding my awful videos. I just decided to post them anyway. I just love my babies! It is now so quiet again in the house!! Yippee!

grandmatoall likes this.
  7. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    awe how cute, glad your Escapers went home, they seem to cause yo a lot of stress

8. cathy.akers

cathy.akers Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Good grief that's quite a pack. At least it's summer and they can go outside and play. Sounds like a similar situation I had when I took care of 4 of my best friends dogs the week before new year's. I thought she was dropping them off on Sunday the 31st and would be back on the 5th. No, she dropped them off on the 29th and didn't pick them up until the 6th. So I had my two, and her two pekinese, her maltese and a yorkie she was fostering. My house isn't very big , so my living room floor was wall to wall beds, toys etc., and hers eats in the morning and mine at night, so I would like to sequester my two in a bedroom while they ate and do the same when I fed mine at night. I was exhausted. I hope you hear from your friends soon

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

grandmatoall and LynnR like this.
  9. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    I wish I had been able to trust the two yorkies who were visiting, but the girl always finds or digs her way under the fence, so I had to be out there every single minute with my eyes on her every move. Since I still work full time, it meant that they really didn't have too much time to play outside and when I let them play in the house, the male marked every corner he could and the female got into everything she could find to chew and destroy, as well as to poop in corners. It was tiring to have them, but I tried hard to make sure they had play time and lots of love. If we watched a video later at night, they would snuggle with us, along with all of our babies. Quite a sight with 8 dogs and two people in recliner chairs!! Once the owners came back, their dogs got mean with mine every time my dogs came close to their owners! It was quite interesting to see the switch. Their sweet babies were so possessive of their own parents! Haha. I still can't get over how quiet it is, without racing puppies in the house when I get up in the morning.

LynnR, cathy.akers and grandmatoall like this.
  10. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    I was so happy to see that my husband closed up the spaces between our back porch steps and built a ramp for Buddy (and tiny JinJu) to use yesterday! He even covered the ramp with a rug so that their feet won't slip when they use it. Buddy kept falling into the space under the porch when he would try to climb the steps because he comes at it at a full run and he is stiff legged, so his legs went right through the space and then he would howl and cry to be rescued. When I tried to rescue him yesterday, he bit me because he was hurting and so my husband had to help him out. Buddy is fine, but he needs all the help and consideration we can give him as he goes through this stage of his life as a senior dog. Thank you for your kind comments about Buddy. We love him very much. He has helped raise all our babies and has been such an amazing fellow!

LynnR, cathy.akers and grandmatoall like this.
  11. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    What a sweetie your hubby is to do this for sweet Buddy,hope he enjoys his Ramp.

12. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Good job Steven. I bet both Buddy and JinJu will enjoy their new ramp.

KippersMa and cathy.akers like this.
  13. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Well Buddy has had an awful 24 hours. All the wonderful progress we were seeing has completely turned upside down. He is not eating well today and he is very off balance and has peed in the house without seeming to even realize he shouldn't be going where he is going. He acts extremely confused and doesn't want me to touch him today. I pray he is better tomorrow. Little JinJu is delighted with the ramp and races up and down it like a champ. Buddy refuses to use it and the others also reject the idea of the ramp. The cat uses the rug as a scratching place, so I wonder how long the rug will last. Ha ha.

grandmatoall and LynnR like this.
  14. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    You are amazing, Susan! I don't know where you get the energy. I find one little puppy a handful at times. I hope Buddy gets better and eventually uses the ramp. I put one up for Patti too, but she never used it - Maggie did, but Patti was the one with the bad legs. I took the ramp down when she died.

grandmatoall likes this.
  15. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am so sorry Susan that Buddy is not well, maybe he over did it ! Hope he snaps out of it !
    I am sure the others will get use to it after a while.hugs to you Susan

grandmatoall likes this.
  16. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:

Please love on him a little for me. I send you all the love I can, with hugs for you and tummy rubs for Buddy.

LynnR likes this.