WONDER

Discussion in 'Partner Talk' started by grandmatoall, Nov 19, 2017.

1. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy. RIP Leo, TJ and Lilly

Poo:
    Poo:
    JoOnni and I went to the movies, We saw Wonder, It is amazing! The best movie I have seen in years! If you get a chance, be sure to see it. Julia Roberts is in it.

2. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Calleigh, Maggie &Molly

Poo:
    Poo:
    I just saw it on Saturday, Bobbi! I loved it. It was great to see that a lot of people were there. Made me feel that maybe there is hope for the world. I went to that movie because it wasn't violent like the usual movies they have on now.

grandmatoall likes this.
  3. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I loved it. What a special family.

4. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Eggnog
    Thanks for the Heas up !

5. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    I just saw the trailer for it and our neighbor told us to be sure to watch it when it comes out on video. It looks pretty precious. I am sick of the movies where the people just hop in and out of bed with the first person they meet and of all the violence. We rented one that was supposed to be about a man whose little dog is kidnapped and he tries to get him back. It wasn't rated, but it should have been rated R for the nasty language and rampant immorality. We were shocked. I told my husband that I hoped I didn't seen anyone I knew when I returned it. I was horrified. We kept thinking it would get better, but it didn't. I can't even remember the name of the movie. Too traumatic.

grandmatoall likes this.
  6. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    Yes, you have to be careful! I get so sick of the violence and lack of morals in movies that I very rarely go!

grandmatoall likes this.
  7. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Eggnog
    I rarely go to Movies anymore

grandmatoall likes this.
  8. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    We never go to the movies, but we do rent videos to watch at home. We try to be careful, but like the movie I described, it sometimes gets us. I tried looking online to see if I could remember the name of the movie but it must be so bad, they don't even have it listed! I was going to try to warn you. The advertisement was, "When his dog is kidnapped, he will do anything to get him back!" Next time I go to the store, I will look at the vending machine and see if I can remember. Definitely a senior moment, but I guess it is a good thing since I don't want to remember the movie anyway!

grandmatoall likes this.
  9. pawbaby

pawbaby Moderator

Poo:
    Poo:
    That's great Bobbi that you saw such an enjoyable movie. I'll have to look for this one. We haven't gone to the movies in years either. There just hasn't been anything I wanted to see. I think the last one we saw was in California, and it was Cinderella. I loved it!

grandmatoall likes this.
  10. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Now Cinderella is more my speed! I love it. Rachel and I love movies about princesses, too!
    I finally had my husband remember the name of the awful movie we rented: "Once Upon a Time in Venice" What I should have done was to look it up on the internet before we rented it. The ratings are about as awful as you might have expected. What a waste of $1.50. I am glad we didn't spend $32 going to see it in some theater! Ha ha!

pawbaby and grandmatoall like this.
  11. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am a Disney nut. I love them. I am going through my second childhood.. Lol.

pawbaby likes this.
  12. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    I walked out on a movie once - it was so violent, I just couldn't take it.

grandmatoall likes this.
  13. pawbaby

pawbaby Moderator

Poo:
    Poo:
    I think I've heard the name of that movie before. Thanks for letting us know. I'd probably think it was a good family movie too if it was supposed to be all about a dog. I agree it's way too expensive to go to the movies nowadays. Maybe when we go to California we'll see one again. All the theaters there now have each seat as a recliner-lazy boy chair. It's just like the comfort of home to watch the movies there. Also, on Senior's day it's really cheap compared to here, only about 5 or 6 dollars to get in.

grandmatoall likes this.
  14. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    JoOnni told us about Movie Pass. It costs 9.45 a month and you can go see 1 movie each day, if you want. You get in for free it works with Regal Theaters and a couple more around here. Check Moviepass.com. JoOnni, Judy, Pat and I have them now. It is great.

If you like to go, it is well worth it.

pawbaby likes this.