Wishes

Discussion in 'Partner Talk' started by cathy.akers, Jul 3, 2018.

1. cathy.akers

cathy.akers Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Happy 4th. Stay safe

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy. RIP Leo, TJ and Lilly

Poo:
    Poo:
    Happy 4th of July!
    Marlin is working and I am staying home with the babies. Sandy is terrified of fireworks.

[​IMG]

cathy.akers likes this.
  3. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    I do hope everyone will have a pleasant 4th of July. We plan to bike 30 miles up the Centennial Trail so that we can be in shape to do the entire 60 miles by the end of the summer. We are taking a picnic lunch and plan to be back before the fireworks get noisy, as Lexi just hates them! She ran away one year, so we really have to watch her. So far, this has been the quietest days before the 4th that I can remember. So many cities and towns are making it illegal to set them off before the 4th and even on the 4th. I am not sure if my town outlawed them, but I am also sure there will be those people who do it anyway.

cathy.akers likes this.
  4. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am glad you are having fun. That will be quite a bike ride for you. The area you live in is very beautiful. We had a few fireworks go off the night before last but none last night. I hope they don't shoot them off late tonight either. She hates the fireworks.

Sandy hasn't been feeling very good. She had the trots. I started her on Immodium today and some beef broth. That seems to have really helped her. I am so thankful for that. Poor baby. She ate her dinner tonight.

cathy.akers likes this.
  5. cathy.akers

cathy.akers Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Good grief, I'm worn out just thinking about that. Lol.

It's illegal to shoot fireworks Inside city limits here, and where I'm at, It only takes 5 minutes to be where you can do it legally, but do you think it stops them? It's just rude and inconsiderate and I'm on the warpath. I belong to a website called nextdoor and I warned everyone that I would not tolerate their behavior. I'm fixing to give the police plenty to keep them busy. Grrrr

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

grandmatoall likes this.
  6. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    There were fireworks going off last night here. I put Sandy in her thunder shirt and she finally settled down. We had a good night. The shirt really helps. That and getting her in the crook of my arm as we lay in bed.

cathy.akers likes this.
  7. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Well, the bicycle trip went well and it turned out to be a total of 34 miles. I really felt that last four miles, let me tell you! I told Rachel that I didn't think I was as motivated to do the entire 62 miles by the end of the summer. Maybe I will change my mind after I have had some rest. Ha ha! I got so hot that one lady stopped with her husband and asked if I had water, since I looked so red. I assured her that I did and that I was indeed very hot. We rested a bit along the way, so it was only temporary. It was in the 80s and felt muggy, but the wind was pleasant. I was just exerting myself and I always get hot--even walking on my treadmill in an air conditioned house.
    The fireworks here were so awful! Poor Lexi was beside herself. We put her in the kennel in our bedroom to sleep and she did okay there. Omari's little teeth chattered and he shook, wanting to stay right with me, too. The others weren't bothered by it--especially our dear old Buddy, who is deaf. Some of the booms rattled our house! I am pretty sure those were illegal, but the police, firemen, paramedics all had their hand full just attending to emergencies the entire day. One young man, a seasoned kayaker, was rescued from the river near us and is in critical condition from near drowning. It will be like this for the rest of the summer. We live right next to a State Park and there are lots of hiking trails and campgrounds and rivers by us, so there are always lots of injuries and emergencies from foolish ones who defy nature, thinking they will survive.

grandmatoall, LynnR and cathy.akers like this.
  8. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Sweet Sandy! I am glad she had mama's arms to nestle into for security. Our fireworks were still going on at 2am this morning. That is kind of rough when we had to get up before 6am to let employees in to work.

grandmatoall, LynnR and cathy.akers like this.
  9. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    For our Canadian holiday, they banned Fireworks because of all the fires we have had and the hot weather.

cathy.akers and grandmatoall like this.
  10. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Our oldest son lives in Ellensburg and they don't have fireworks there, either. I wish they would ban them everywhere. I think of the veterans who have PSTD and the war dogs who come back and what the booms must do to them. They should limit the fireworks for places over the water and only to be done by professionals, maybe. I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way. It is just so out of hand these days. At least a lot of places are making it so that you are only allowed to set them off the day before and the day after as well the 4th. This has been our quietest pre holiday so far. When we were on top of the Stonehenge Memorial in Maryhill, Wa, there was a fire spotting crew there from Montanta, getting ready to watch for fires that might happen due to the 4th. It is a very, very serious concern!

cathy.akers and grandmatoall like this.
  11. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Apollo and i went down to Syl's House for a little BBQ. It was great. I did not want to stay long just in case Apollocoud hear something. One of their neighbors let a really loud one and he never even flinched, neighbors close by let a bunch of big ones loud ones arrow 10pm which i am sure where illegal for a couple of hrs.
    Got our 3rd Cord of wood laying out there so need to get my butt in gear. Doug my son been working and not getting home till 5am. He leaves here @ 3pm so hate to ask him..Mom is still sick an Syl and i are still recovering..but can try and stack a little bit till i run out of breath. After this pile is stacked 2 more cords then we are done. O top ofeverythin i think i have Vertigo , when i get u during the night i fell backwards back on to ny bed and get the woosies, whats next...

LynnR, cathy.akers and grandmatoall like this.
  12. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I will also be happy when they ban the fireworks from private use. The ones that leave the ground. The fire danger is so high in lots of states. Sadly, that does not stop some people from firing them off anyway. We are so close to the Oregon border and people can get them. But they are not supposed to shoot them off. Really? They know the people are shooting them off.

As you said, Susan, lots of dogs are terrified of them and run away. I never thought about what it does to veterans and dogs of war.

Our babies that don't do well with the noise are a real concern. I am glad Lexi, Omari and Sandy made it through ok. Apollo and Leo (RIP) seemed to handle it alright since they are/were deaf.

LynnR and cathy.akers like this.
  13. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    "Our babies that don't do well with the noise are a real concern. I am glad Lexi, Omari and Sandy made it through ok. Apollo and Leo (RIP) seemed to handle it alright since they are/were deaf."
    Our dear Buddy is deaf, as well. He did fine, except that he was left out most of the night without my husband noticing (I went to bed early) and he fell off the porch and was trapped between the fencing and the porch. I heard him howling at 2am and went out and discovered the poor little man was beside himself in frustration! Thankfully, he wasn't injured, just scared and confused. He is so quiet these days, it is easy to miss where he might be and he takes forever to go to the bathroom, too.

LynnR, cathy.akers and grandmatoall like this.
  14. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I think the "taking forever to go to the bathroom is an older male dog thing". Leo was that way. Dealing with a deaf dog is a learning process. It took me a bit of learning what he was telling me.

I dealt with it with our "Baby dog". She was 14 when we discovered she was loosing her hearing. Each dog is different but they do really well with a little help from us.

I am glad you rescued Mr Buddy and he wasn't hurt. Please give him lots of kisses and tummy rubs from me. I love your little old man.

LynnR and cathy.akers like this.
  15. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    I did love up Buddy really well. He does present many challenges as he seems disoriented much of the time and puts his foot in his food bowl or water bowl, sending the contents across the floor. Other times, he simply stands where he is and pees, looking confused. Other times, he gleefully races across the lawn or floor and seems to ask for special attention, which he surely gets. We look at this as an opportunity to be taught compassion and gentleness towards an ailing or elderly individual. Our precious babies can teach us so much if we let them.

grandmatoall and LynnR like this.
  16. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    [​IMG]
    I hope you all had a wonderful Long Weekend!

grandmatoall likes this.
  17. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    We look at this as an opportunity to be taught compassion and gentleness towards an ailing or elderly individual. Our precious babies can teach us so much if we let them.
    Yes indeed