Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jessbell

Partners Plus
Sep 17, 2008
England...for the moment...

Hiya,

So a little while ago I bought Ellie and Maisie a crate as a bed. It's a good size for the both of them and it'll be nice and secure when I need them to travel in a car. However, it is just a plain crate as it is and I'd like to make a cover but I cant choose! lol I have a sewing machine and I'm gunna buy some fabric but before I do that I need to decide on a style. So could I ask you to vote for which you like? lol I'll put the photos of each design below, I wont be using any of the fabrics used in the photos it's just the structual design with which I need help choosing.

1. Simple:

2. Rolled:

3. Curtained:

4. Simple/rolled/kinda curtained:

vlccairo

Administrator
Aug 9, 2009
Cairo, Egypt
I like both of the first 2, Jess, but I voted for the rolled as more versatile. Samantha loves her cage. Oops, I guess I mean crate! I am going to get one for Lucky, too, and put his bed in it.

Jessbell

Partners Plus
Sep 17, 2008
LOL It's funny how 'crate' sounds so much less abusive and cruel than 'cage'! I suppose soon it'll be more like a house though after I've made a cover. Thanks for the vote, honey pie!

LuvMyMnMs

Featured Seller
Aug 25, 2011
Eastern Shore
I love the 4th one and voted for it, but I like the rolls on the mattress in the first crate. What I did a while back I bought kitty boxes and put them into the crates. That way the fur butts can't hurt themselves on the crate metal. Now the boxes are our 'guard houses' for our 'security detail' (Maxie and Mylo) b/c we don't travel anymore.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
They are all so cute, i voted for 4 but like the rolled pillows ad mattress of 1..you have to post pics when you done ! :agree:

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
I love the 4th one and voted for it, but I like the rolls on the mattress in the first crate. What I did a while back I bought kitty boxes and put them into the crates. That way the fur butts can't hurt themselves on the crate metal. Now the boxes are our 'guard houses' for our 'security detail' (Maxie and Mylo) b/c we don't travel anymore.

Like your idea also Sonja !

vlccairo

Administrator
Aug 9, 2009
Cairo, Egypt
LOL It's funny how 'crate' sounds so much less abusive and cruel than 'cage'! I suppose soon it'll be more like a house though after I've made a cover. Thanks for the vote, honey pie!
We actually call it her house most of the time. :smileys-dogs: It has a small rug that fits the bottom, a bunch of toys, her mop head, scarves, etc., and a cover on the top. She is so funny. She loves to sleep with her head on one of the toys or the mop. Sometimes she moves toys out and other in.

Jessbell

Partners Plus
Sep 17, 2008

Thanks for the votes, girls! Sonja sweetie, that's a great idea, I've actually used 'cat' beds for my girls in the past (ssshhh, dont tell them, I wouldn't want to damage their self esteem! lol).

V, Pants has a mop head?! LOL Oh that girl cracks me up! LOL

I too also really love the round bumper-like cushion in the 1st picture and am planning on making one like it no matter which design I use on the outside of the crate. I'm also pondering on whether or not I should make a padded half wall on the inside too, a little like the one in this picture:

I want their bed to be really cozy and snuggly so I might do something like that, I'm not sure yet. What d'you guys think? I really like the fabric used in the 1st picture, it's so pretty, but I suspect such a pale colour might be disasterously unpractable, especially for a pair of mudd-scampering country bumpkins like my two! lol

vlccairo

Administrator
Aug 9, 2009
Cairo, Egypt
Jess, honey, she also has her own broom with no handle. Can you call that a broom head? Now, if she would only clean ... :wink:

Connie

Featured Seller
Oct 19, 2009
Minot, ND
I love #2, with the inside bumper pads in #1. I like that you can have the sides up or down on #2, so if you want them to see out, they can. Love those crates. Mine isn't fancy like that. I have a thick rug on top for warmth and a doggie bed over the bottom. In the winter, I put a blanket down the back of it so it doesn't get so cold in there. We will all want to see pictures of your finished product!

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie, Shayleigh
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Jess I really liked # 3 & 4, would make it feel like a den for her. I have 2 soft covered crates and my babies Patti and Maggie go right to the back and seem so comfy in there. They have flaps that fall down and give them privacy. I voted for # 3 because I love the look of it, but also like #4.

Rudys Mom

Partners Plus
Nov 6, 2009
Lancaster, PA
I voted for #1. I think it's simple but very useful. Looks like you could just throw the sides up to the top if you wanted them to see out more. Yes.....whichever you decide, please share a pic with all of us.

pawbaby

Aug 29, 2008
Hi Jess, I think I like number 2 the best and especially if you're going to have the two girls sharing their crate. I like number 1 too but number two on the inside has more room for the two of them without the bumper pads inside. I like number four but it looks like it's for a bigger kennel. I wonder if these come in different colours? I'm not that crazy about the colour of number 2. Where did you find these Jess and where can you get them. I'd love to get these for the girl's wire crates too. They are adorable.

Jessbell

Partners Plus
Sep 17, 2008

I'm (attempting!) making them myself actually, Cory sweetie. Because I just Google Image'd the pictures the only one for which I have a website is number 2, but it is a British site and their crate covers aren't very exciting (fabric-wise). Just in case you're interested it is http://www.hugoandhennie.com/dog-crate-covers.html The pictures in the poll are purely to decide on a cover design, not the fabrics. I just cant decide whether to go for the rolled up kind, the curtained kind, a more simple design kind or a combination. lol I hope I'm explaining myself properly...lol Once I've decided on which style I'll measure my crate to make a pattern out of paper and buy fabric either on line or from a local shop. The colour/type of fabric probably will not be anything like any of the ones in the poll. Have you checked out Etsy if you're looking to buy one? I also found this place: https://www.cratecoversandmore.com/ But listen, hon, you're an amazing seamstress so I'm sure you could make one far superior to anything out there that you could buy, and probably more economically too!

Thanks for voting, girls! Love to you all!