Weight loss

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I am starting on the Keto diet... it isn't a diet, it is a life style change in eating. Going back to basic food which you prepare yourself. You know, how our ancestors used to eat. I am still learning.... Michelle and Shannon are both been on it and it is working very well for them. They look awesome!

Basically no grains and no sugar. I kind of limped through the first week of it. I didn't know what I was doing. The girls had told me some of the things I needed to do.
Anyway, I am losing about a pound per day. I am full a lot faster and I am not craving the things I thought I would.
There is still so much to learn.

(Counting from my high weight last year, I have lost 40 lbs. It was so very hard to get any weight off before Keto.) I have lost a little over 12 lbs in the last 12 days. I am steadily dropping a pound a day. I know that will vary, but so far, so good. I feel better and I am more alert. It sounds Silly, but it is true.

I am exercising along with it. 3x's a week at the Rec Center. I still have my health issues, but losing weight will help lessen them too. Wish me luck. I can do this. :agree:

Reactions: LynnR

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Low Carb Chili
817 · Jan 12, 2015 · 28 Comments

Pin
Yum
Email
234KSHARES

Low Carb Chili in bowl with celery and tomatoes.
Save
Low Carb Chili Recipe
I can’t believe I haven’t shared this low carb chili recipe with you yet! It was totally accidental, so I hope you can find it in your chili-loving heart to forgive me. I’ve been making this low carb chili recipe and a few variations of it since I first started low carb.
Chili was always one of my favorite dishes so I had to find a way to incorporate into my low carb life. After messing with a few recipes I had I finally was able to get the perfect low carb to flavorful ratio.

Looking for a tasty Low Carb Chili recipe? Here's the one you've been looking for, it's delicious, easy and packs the same flavors you know and love.
Save

We bet you’ll like our mouth watering low carb Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup.

Looking for a tasty Low Carb Chili recipe? Here's the one you've been looking for, it's delicious, easy and packs the same flavors you know and love.
Save

Flavorful Low Carb Chili
When I first started testing chili recipes I was doubtful I’d be able to keep the same tasty flavors I knew and loved. But boy did it turn out to be rich and delicious. It blew my mind!
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This literally has the same flavor of my beloved chili, but totally low carb and high protein. Thanks!!
– Rachel
When it comes down to it, the main punch comes from the seasoning that it’s name derives from – chili powder. When added to the ground beef, onions, tomatoes, bell pepper, and celery, your in chili heaven.

Save

How to Make Keto Chili in 3 Easy Steps
  1. Brown the meat in a fry pan
  2. Throw in the veggies to let it all sizzle.
  3. Move it over to a large pot
    to finish things up.
Save

I’d totally consider putting this together in a slow cooker. But I’d mix everything in the pan first then incorporate it into the Slow Cookers
instead of a large pot
I bet it would bring all the flavors together really nicely!

Save

Please let us know what you think of this recipe with a rating!
Looking for more tasty recipes from The Low Carb Diet? Try our Low Carb Sloppy Joes.

4.13 from 73 votes
Print
Low Carb Chili
Super easy to make and full of the classic chili flavor you love.
Course Entree
Cuisine American
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings 6
Calories 348 kcal
Author Andres Regalado
Ingredients
  • 1.25 lb ground beef
  • 8 oz tomato paste
  • 1 1/2 tomatoes chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper chopped
  • 2/4 cup onion chopped
  • 2 celery sticks chopped
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 3/4 cup water add more if needed
Instructions
  1. Brown meat in fry pan. Once almost finished, drain off fat and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt over meat.
  2. Add onions and peppers to pan and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
  3. Combine cooked meat, onions, peppers, tomatoes, celery, water, and tomato paste in large pot.
  4. Stir spices into pot. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low-medium and let simmer for 1-2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so.
Recipe Notes
NET CARBS: 5.17g
Nutrition Facts
Low Carb Chili

Amount Per Serving
Calories 348Calories from Fat 260

% Daily Value*
Total Fat
28.88g44%
Total Carbohydrates
7.25g2%
Dietary Fiber 2.08g8%
Protein
14.99g30%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I am very excited. I still have 120 lbs to go... but I am on the right track once again. Getting your mind set correctly is the hardest part. This isn't much different than eating Gluten Free. You read the labels on everything... and I mean everything. It is surprising how many calories and sugars are in seasoning. Who knew? And I am eating mostly at home. That is a lot better for me. Keeping my foods balanced has been the hardest for me to get through my head. LOL. But, it is working, so I am not complaining.

Thank you all for rooting me on and praying for me. Hugs and much love.

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie, Shayleigh
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Bobbi you are so, so strong and determined. Good for you! I don't need to lose weight because of the Gluten Free diet I am on and the 20 lbs. I lost when I got sick last year. Just know that I am rooting for you. :hugs:

Reactions: grandmatoall