Weather is crazy.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I wear a mask every time I go out. I don't care for them... but it is a must if I am going to be going anywhere. I think it may be the new normal over the next year or so. I am making some more of them for the family. It will keep my busy for awhile. And that is good.

The Covid isn't as bad here as it is in the big cities. But there are areas in Idaho that have a lot of cases. They are mostly the tourist areas. Lots of people fly in for their vacations and some of them bring the disease with them. Sun Valley is one of them. Some stars live there and other people come for the skiing and to enjoy the back country. We get people from all over the world. I am glad we aren't very close to that area.

Some places here are still requiring masks. But we are opening up more each week. They start stage 4 opening starting tomorrow, I think. Or maybe the 15th. It would be ok but some people still won't do the social distancing like they are supposed to. They are silly and they will regret it if they get sick... or if they bring it home to a loved one. I pray that doesn't happen.

Marlin is doing a great job of trying to stay safe. He is such a love and I am blessed to have him in my life.

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie, Shayleigh
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Well, the weather sure doesn't help much here! Dark skies, lots of clouds, rain, rain, rain - very little sun and today we are supposed to have a Thunder storm, lightning and lots of rain - when will it end.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Well, the weather sure doesn't help much here! Dark skies, lots of clouds, rain, rain, rain - very little sun and today we are supposed to have a Thunder storm, lightning and lots of rain - when will it end.
You poor thing. It rains off and on around here but we have been getting sunshine between the storms. I need sunshine. Hopefully your constant rain will slow down and sunshine will break through for you.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
You may have read in my other post about our amazing thunderstorm while we were in our RV at Rachel's house. The lightning struck a mere 3 feet from the door of the RV!! The grass was wet, but it still left a salad plate sized burn mark on the grass! It terrified all of us and caused the hair to stand up on our skin!

• Wow
Reactions: grandmatoall

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
We continue to have the typical thunderstorm activity known for Florida. Summer is the rainy season here, and it is a good thing because it gets so hot, otherwise everything would burn up! I had to get a refill on Lexi's sedative prescription, but I am pretty happy that the 10 pills they gave her lasted almost an entire year! We try not to sedate her too often. Only when it is really bad. It was really bad here last night. She is so cute when she goes to her "happy place!" And the little guys love it when she is calmer. Ha ha!

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
So we are having lots of thunderstorms this week, but so far, we haven't felt that Lexi was so bad that she needed medication. Our tree service is here to cut down the broken trees that damaged our fence and to take away two that are leaning toward the house and are in bad condition. It will be good to have this done. We have been working so hard to clean up the debris left behind. Two acres of mess is a lot!! But we are getting it done and I am very happy that things are looking nice again around here.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
It has been HOT here. Our Covid cases are high. We had 200 new ones yesterday, in Canyon County (where we live). So we are being very careful.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
So we are having lots of thunderstorms this week, but so far, we haven't felt that Lexi was so bad that she needed medication. Our tree service is here to cut down the broken trees that damaged our fence and to take away two that are leaning toward the house and are in bad condition. It will be good to have this done. We have been working so hard to clean up the debris left behind. Two acres of mess is a lot!! But we are getting it done and I am very happy that things are looking nice again around here.
You are very good at keeping everything done. Way to go. It is nice you have your chipper to help chew up the debris.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
It is so funny that we are telling each other that it isn't so hot, with our temperatures in the mid 80s to low 90s. We work right through it and if it rains, we keep working because the rain cools us off and doesn't last long. Our humidity has been lower than our family back in Washington and Oregon!! Anyway, I guess we are acclimating to the environment here and just deciding that if we need to work in the heat, we take appropriate breaks and drink plenty of water! We still haven't chosen our chipper, so that still looms ahead for my husband. I won't be doing that part. I do the lawn tractor work and he does the hard stuff. Ha ha!

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
The Hurricane Isaias passed us by with not much of an impact at all. It changed to simply a tropical storm, but other than having periods of heavy rain on and off all day yesterday, nothing more happened. I am praying for those people in the Carolinas who may get hurricane force winds as Isaias makes his way up the coast. Meanwhile, we are making good progress on our jungle and it is beginning to look more like a haven of rest rather than a wild jungle. If I can't have monkeys in my yard, then I want it to look decent!! Ha ha!!