Weather is crazy.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Our weather is jumping all over the place. No wonder we can't get used to anything. At least it isn't boring.

Today 79*
Friday 97* (HOT!) Then it drops 34 points on Saturday..a few more on Sunday.
Saturday 63* 80% rain

Sunday 56* 90% rain

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
I know what you mean, here not much better. Mom had to replant Lette 4 times, yesterday it finally peeked out. She did not think we going to get any this yr. Strawberries starting to get ripe and she wants to make Strawberry/ Rhubarb Jam.
I am no help since I had my fall picking the Rhubarb.I think I hurt my right hip, it hurts like heck when I walk.

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie, Shayleigh
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Mine needs cutting too! I started mowing the lawn and then I got caught in the rain - it was windy, chilly and I had to run into the house. I only got half the lawn cut. Oh well, not going to work today either - Rain again.

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
We had Thunderstorms,Raim and Hail. Today the high gonna be 62 sigh...

I actually have a sweater on! I'm going out to lunch - so that's something to look forward to. Some of our restaurants are opening up with limited seating and social distancing. The COVID-19 epidemic isn't bad here - we've only had 3 cases, all healed here in Cranbrook.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Some people here are stupid. We had 12 new cases in Canyon County (where I live), yesterday. It is from Mother's Day weekend. They opened up some stuff and people were not taking it seriously. It breaks my heart. Now, I have to be extra, extra careful again.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I actually have a sweater on! I'm going out to lunch - so that's something to look forward to. Some of our restaurants are opening up with limited seating and social distancing. The COVID-19 epidemic isn't bad here - we've only had 3 cases, all healed here in Cranbrook.
You are very lucky indeed. Have a great time.

Reactions: LynnR

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Costco Day here today, so have to be very carful too. Did I tell you guys that I had a fall in the Garden couple weeks ago picking Rhubarb for Mom when I lost my footing, ended up with large Bruces of course hurt my bad shoulder too. I don't know if it was from that fall but about 4 days ago my hip started hurting so bad I could hardly walk, the pain was terrible. Almost had Syl take me to Hospital. Today it is a lot better but am pretty careful ...thank goodness for those Electric Shopping Carts. Least I hope they have one empty as I know I won't be able to walk that far. Wish me luck !

Reactions: grandmatoall

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I am not ready for Costco yet. We are having an increase in new cases of Corona Virus right now. Things need to settle down a bit. It may take some time.

Good luck on your trip to the store. I am glad to hear you are improving more each day.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Thank you Ladies. Shopping went ok but did hurt in the eve and was so tired I went to bed early. Love the electric Shopping Cart, didn't even have to use my O2. Today I have my yearly Health exam so I doubt there is enough time to address all my Problems...oh ya its still raining ...

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
We have had an increase in cases of Covid 19 here in Florida, but not in our area. It is largely due to the availability of testing and now people can go even if they don't have symptoms. Wherever we go, people are wearing masks and the county right next to ours (we border that county) makes wearing a mask mandatory for everyone 6 years old and up when inside a building. The mask business is awful here!! IT is so warm that you breathe your own air in that mask and within a very short time, it is all moist and yucky feeling and smelling--even if you just brushed your teeth!! I hate it. I will be so happy when it isn't required anymore!
I have been hearing from my family members back in Washington and have heard of the unusual weather patterns. Lots more thunderstorms and constant rain. I wonder what the winter is going to be like?
I am sorry to hear that you fell, Candy. I also fell on my hip when trying to turn the corner on my bike when we first moved here. Riding bike on the sand is like driving on ice. You have to be so careful! I had X-rays of my hips and the doctor said nothing was broken but that the lining in the hip socket was getting thin. It took a long time for my hip to feel better and the pain was excruciating, but it is finally better. I found that walking on my treadmill each day helped the most. Driving for long distances aggravates it to this day.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
I know what you mean about the Masks..ordered me couple new ones with Filter and Vents, my ears are not big enough for my O2 and the mask..
Next time when I go to pain Dr I get a x-ray. Could be my lower back too, not sure...

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Florida has since the biggest increase in COVID 19 cases since March. Most of these are in the heavily populated areas like Miami, Tampa, etc. Our particular county and the one next to it have single digit increases in cases. We are in more of an agricultural setting, so homes are not close together and there are no shopping centers nearby. The hospitalization rates and death rates are still quite low, so it makes me think the ease of testing has allowed more contagious people to be identified, but it is concerning. Most people I see when I go out are wearing masks and hand sanitizer is provided at every building. I just wish this would end soon! I pray that you are all safe and staying healthy.

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
I have a couple of masks, but they really bother me! I start hyper-ventilating and sometimes it causes an Asthma attack. I hate them. I shop once a week. Right now the masks are not forced on us here yet - if they ever are, I'll have to stop going out.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Lynn I pretty much have the same problem, they told me @ Costco I did not have to wear it due to my breathing. But I try when I have to. But I don't have much human contact with people these days...Mom went to store and finally found some Hand sanitizer for the first time since all this started. Having a bit of a problem with my portable Concentrator, called them yesterday and they said its a 2-6 week wait due to the virus and most of them go to Hospitals.