Warning biewer owners!!!

NancyG

Featured Seller
Apr 22, 2009
Jamestown, Tn
www.americanbiewers.net
WARNING

There is NO "state of the art" DNA test to determine whether the Biewer/ Biewer ala Pom Pon/ Biewer Yorkshire Terrier/ Biewer Yorkie/ Biewer Terrier is a carrier of ANY life threatening/ life altering diseases.

There are approximately 25 diseases being ID'd via DNA at this time. However they are very breed specific- In other words if you have your Biewer tested for one of these diseases or all of them at $50.00 per test, they will test clear for this disease because there is NO MARKERS to identified in the Biewer breed.

YorkieKat

Our Guardian Angel
Aug 20, 2008
Windy City
Thank you Nancy for setting us straight, I'm familiar with your background in the medical field and I appreciate your research on this topic.:thumb:

Reactions: NancyG

LittleWhip

Partners Plus
Aug 18, 2008
Partnerville
Thanks Nancy, not sure what all this means ? Ive been trying to study about them more, as i would LOVE to have one someday :) There is so
much debate over them , some good and some not so good :confused: same with the parti yorkie, i think there so beautiful but dont really no the diffrence,

Reactions: NancyG

Victoria

Partners Plus
Apr 21, 2009
TX
thanks Nancy ! People need to know this testing is not out there since some are jacking up the price on this what seems to be a scam.

Also seems some think the Biewer is unhealthy but it isnt .. they have the same issues that our beloved Yorkies can have

LittleWhip

Partners Plus
Aug 18, 2008
Partnerville
thanks Nancy ! People need to know this testing is not out there since some are jacking up the price on this what seems to be a scam.

Also seems some think the Biewer is unhealthy but it isnt .. they have the same issues that our beloved Yorkies can have
:eek: another scam :mad: gosh there everywhere !

Victoria

Partners Plus
Apr 21, 2009
TX
oh the liver shunt testing is a good thing to do. This was supposedly so call testing that they are saying can be done from a DNA profile and so far a lot of us have called labs and there is no such test...Nancy can explain better

9furbabies

Jul 15, 2013
California
I have three Biewers and have had 2 litters all are healthy without additional testing other than the normal testing you should do before breeding. I love Yorkies and getting Biewers was the logical step.