Visiting Puppies for Sale!

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
On Tuesday, we went to a Puppy store in Jacksonville, Florida. The room was full of round pens and puppies!! They had one Yorkie puppy, two Maltese puppies, a yorkiepoo and a morkie. They also had two adorable mini schnauzers--one salt and pepper and the other was black and white--like a Holstein cow! They had wheaten terrier puppies, Saint Bernard/poodle puppies (HUGE!!), a dachshund puppy, pug puppy (very tiny and cute), corgi puppy, poodle puppy, and a French bulldog and another chubby bulldog (can't remember the exact name). They are very strict about handling the puppies and we were required to sanitize our hands after going from one pen to another. We were also not allowed to hold the puppies without a representative there to assist us, so we didn't ask to hold any of them. We did play with them and they were so darling and precious!! It was hard to walk away from them and my husband cried when we left after spending all his time with the little mini schnauzer that looked just like our recently departed Buddy. We just don't need anymore babies in our house right now. Aren't you proud of me? I tried begging, but it didn't work. Besides, those puppies were very expensive and probably came from puppy mills.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
That's why I don't go look at new little babies. I would fall in love and be heartbroken when I couldn't bring them home. I am surprised you were able to turn down the little schnauzer baby. Do you think you will get one for Steven, sometime in the future? Buddy was a very special little guy. I fell in love with him.

• Love
Reactions: KippersMa and LynnR

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
That's why I don't go look at new little babies. I would fall in love and be heartbroken when I couldn't bring them home. I am surprised you were able to turn down the little schnauzer baby. Do you think you will get one for Steven, sometime in the future? Buddy was a very special little guy. I fell in love with him.
I certainly did have a hard time walking away from those puppies. The biggest thing that turned me off was thinking that they probably all came from puppy mills. The puppies did not seem very interested in people and most of them were just sleeping (of course puppies do sleep a lot). When we visited our breeder (for JinJu and Kipper), her puppies were all excited to see us and very interested in us and playful and adorable, of course. I must say that all the puppies were very clean and the pens were, too. They were very strict about handling the puppies and if we had wanted to hold one, we would have had to have them help, so I know they were trying to take good care of the puppies. We also went to another puppy store and those puppies were not of the quality of the first ones we had visited. It was then that I learned that this more recent puppy store got all their puppies from shelters!! That made me happy. The first place had carefully bathed and groomed the puppies, whereas this one was more raw and the puppies were not purebred or of high quality. They did have nice clean cages, though.
We absolutely do not want another dog. This will be it for us until the last one crosses Rainbow Bridge, and I hope that doesn't happen for any of them for a long time! I looked into becoming a volunteer for Florida Yorkie Rescue, but they are so much farther south, I don't think there would be anything I could do for them, unless it was financial support and it is difficult to offer much with all of our expenses keeping our own 7 dogs, a cat, and a tortoise healthy. They were looking for foster homes in Palm City or in a 20 mile radius, but we are almost three hours away from there! They also need people to help transport dogs when they rescue them.

Reactions: grandmatoall

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
You have such a big heart Susan, i could use a extra or i should say Maggie, she has so much energy and wanting to play, so glad when Syl and Twix come...she thinks my fingers are Sausages haha.

Reactions: grandmatoall

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I think fostering would be hard to do. I wouldn't want to give them up when it was time for them to go to their forever home.