Update on Maggie

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Here is an update on Maggie:
Maggie is healing very well. The only thing is when they took out the drain on her back the skin turned leathery and had to be removed. This is one of the dangers of dog bites, so they had to cut the dead skin off and here is the results:
this is the only wound left to be healed. The Vet clinic has been treating Maggie every week with Cold Laser treatments and this wound is getting smaller all the time and will eventually close. I have to change her bandage 2x a day and make sure it is covered. I have searched everywhere for the dog that did this without results, and believe me this has been so, so upsetting - dealing with this as well as trying to get better myself.

Reactions: grandmatoall

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
You have done an amazing job of keeping her wounds cleaned and covered. It looks good for what she has been through.

How are you feeling? I am still praying for you my friend. You are a wonderful mama to your sweet babies. Take care of yourself.

Reactions: LynnR

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
You have done an amazing job of keeping her wounds cleaned and covered. It looks good for what she has been through.

How are you feeling? I am still praying for you my friend. You are a wonderful mama to your sweet babies. Take care of yourself.
I am doing a lot better, Bobbi, but I tire very easily and still have to go for some tests. Because I had Sepsis I have to go for Kidney Function test next week. It's just to make sure there was no permanent damage on the right side where the Abscess was. I am still having afternoon naps with Maggie & Patti - Calleigh has too much energy to take time off - she is so funny!

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
I am over the moon, I went to see my friend Dr. Ruth (Steeples Veterinary Clinic) and we had a nice talk and she took $300.00 off my bill for Maggie's treatments. What a fair person she is. I wasn't expecting that at all. Maggie was there for her Cold Laser and check-up and they were so, so pleased with how she is doing.

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Maggie goes for another Cold laser treatment at 2:00 PM today, I think she only needs about 2 more after this, then she can enjoy her summer.

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Was at the Vets yesterday, Maggie is doing well, but they had to open and suture the pockets at the corners as they weren't closing properly. I had to leave Maggie there as they needed to sedate her and I picked her up at 3:00 PM. Busy, busy day.
She goes back on Monday to have the bandage changed. What an ordeal this is. Poor sweet Maggie, it was so hot last week and she has bandages on and has had them since April 22nd. I think we're both ready for this to get better/