Tree in my back yard

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Part of the Tree in my back yard fell in front of my driveway. Luckily, my car was under the carport and is still ok. I can't get out and no one can get in as it is right in front of my driveway. It was a big branch that fell off. Nothing hit my house either - so have to look at the good side. I called the Emergency tree removal service here.

:prayer: that I can get it removed soon. I don't feel safe right now.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
You were indeed saved. That could have been really bad. I am so thankful it missed you, your babies, your car and your house. It is an annoyance until it is removed. Praying that happens right away.

Reactions: cathy.akers

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
We had an unexpected snowfall and freezing rain last night and that's what caused the branch to break. ****I hate winter**** and this is far too early for snow. I was just out to look at it. It's quite a large branch. The Tree service has a lot of emergencies and will come around noon. I was indeed lucky!

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I checked our weather back home and saw that it was also pretty cold last night! Our oldest son, who is taking care of our business while we are gone (and will eventually be the main person there) texted me that Kubota's (our Sulcata tortoise) house (right next to our business building!) had caught on fire because the rain shorted the plug! Lexi, our border collie/rottweiler barked and alerted them to the fire and they were able to put it out before it burned the building!! Praise God for Lexi!!! Kubota is fine and our son took her home to Ellensburg until he can repair her winter house.
I am very glad that they will come soon to get that branch out of your driveway, Lynn! Are you feeling any better?

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I checked our weather back home and saw that it was also pretty cold last night! Our oldest son, who is taking care of our business while we are gone (and will eventually be the main person there) texted me that Kubota's (our Sulcata tortoise) house (right next to our business building!) had caught on fire because the rain shorted the plug! Lexi, our border collie/rottweiler barked and alerted them to the fire and they were able to put it out before it burned the building!! Praise God for Lexi!!! Kubota is fine and our son took her home to Ellensburg until he can repair her winter house.
I am very glad that they will come soon to get that branch out of your driveway, Lynn! Are you feeling any better?
Oh Wow! That was too close. Great job Lexi! She is a wonderful watch dog.

Reactions: cathy.akers

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Yes, Susan I'm feeling much better. I'm also glad that Lexi saved the day by barking and alerting the people there about the fire.

Last edited:

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Goodness Lynn, glad that Branch did not cause more damage, hope they get it removed today. And glad you feeling better too. It is always a big worry here with being surrounded by big Fir Trees. If i had my way i would have them cleared... yes to early for :sball: for sure !
Susan i am glad Lexi warned everyone about the Fire and Kubota is ok !