The Dangers of Gluttony (in dogs)

Discussion in 'YP Yorkie Talk' started by KippersMa, Jul 6, 2018.

1. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Dear sweet Lily cleaned up everyone's bowls this morning when I wasn't looking. Usually, I am very careful not to let her eat too much because she gains weight very easily. I was giving all the babies kisses in turn and when I came to Lily, I could tell she had eaten way too much because her tummy was round and hard and I told her, "Lily, did you eat everyone else's breakfast when they looked the other way?" She looked at me with her fluid brown eyes and had a rather sheepish look on her darling little face. The next thing I noticed was piles of vomit all over the floor! First one, then two, then more! It totally cleaned her out. Now her tail began to wag again and she was able to drink some pure water and hold that down, so I knew she was going to be okay. There is a good reason why I limit how much she eats. Will she learn from this? Oh no! She will do it again, I am sure. From now on, she will have to eat in a kennel and not be let out until all the other bowls are picked up or cleaned up by the rightful puppy!

cathy.akers and grandmatoall like this.
  2. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.

Poo:
    Poo:
    Oh no Lily. Your poor tummy. It only holds so much. I am glad you got rid of the excess but not on mommy's floor. Be good for mommy darling and only eat what you are supposed to.

I have to watch Roxy too. She will not take Sandy's food until Sandy walks away from it, which seldom happens. Only if Sandy isn't feeling well. But.... if food is left down, she will eat as much as she can through the day and put on weight. I have to keep an eye on Daddy so he doesn't slip them bites of people food.

cathy.akers likes this.
  3. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Haha! I have the same problem with the daddy in this house, too! Lilly is doing very well tonight and seems cheerful. I am going to withhold food tonight to make sure her tummy has recovered.

4. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    I have that problem with Calleigh if Maggie leaves any food in her bowl

5. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Bad, bad Lyli lol...Glad she is ok ! Bet she ate real well this morning !!!

6. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    I felt so bad for her that I ended up feeding her late last night. She was so grateful. She is the sweetest little girl! When she is happy, her little tail stump wags so fast, it is hard to see! After breakfast this morning, she quickly ate and then hopped onto the chair while the rest ate their breakfast. They all ate very well, too!

7. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.

Poo:
    Poo:
    Yippee!

cathy.akers likes this.
  8. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    That is good ! Rosi's Tail use to wag like that too, use to love watching her do that...i miss her so much !