THE BIG MOVE

Discussion in 'Partner Talk' started by KippersMa, Oct 29, 2018.

1. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    We are just about done sorting and deciding what to take and what we will leave behind. My office is empty and cleaned, ready for new occupants. Two of the three bathrooms are emptied and cleaned, as well. We are limiting ourselves to using the master bathroom until we leave. Our living room is packed full of everything from the other rooms and we have been busy carting things back over to our business, like file cabinets, chairs, desks, etc. It is grueling work! My husband also sorts scrap wire and he will be taking that to the recyclers tomorrow.
    On Wednesday, the puppies will all get baths and I will do laundry and we will take our last shower until we get to Florida! I pray that everything will continue to go smoothly. Meanwhile, the little ones are acting upset as they watch us carry down load after load and watch the play area pile up with stuff!

cathy.akers, grandmatoall and LynnR like this.
  2. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    You making me tired just reading this, i am still moving stuff from our garage back to the house 1 Box at a time. I bet you guys are so exited, bet the Babies are so confused...

cathy.akers and grandmatoall like this.
  3. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    Susan I wish you all kinds of good luck on the move. Please take care of yourself and don't get overtired, you are important to us. :hugs:

cathy.akers and grandmatoall like this.
  4. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.

Poo:
    Poo:
    Traveling mercies as you are moving to Florida. May your trip be worry free and short.

I'll bet the babies are upset and wondering what is going on. :)

Take good care of yourselves.

cathy.akers likes this.
  5. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    You are all so dear! The movers left at 8:30pm last night and we are staying in our motorhome until we leave at 2am on Sunday morning. The papers are all signed and the money wired for the purchase, so we are set for closing on the 9th! It is very exciting and very exhausting. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement! I will post again when we get into our new house!

cathy.akers likes this.
  6. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Love you bunches sweet lady. Praying for a safe, trouble free journey.

cathy.akers likes this.
  7. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Travel safe my Friend :blowkiss::car:

LynnR, cathy.akers and grandmatoall like this.
  8. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Well the trip across the US from NW Washington State to Florida was both grueling and comical! If you can imagine: We left at 1:35am on Sunday morning, driving both night and day and finally arriving in Florida at 1am on Wednesday! The tortoise did great--she couldn't go anywhere and didn't require any food or water during this trip, as we had filled her up good just before we left and desert tortoises commonly have to go without food or water for days at a time. The cat, Goyang-i, also did great. He sat on top of all our suitcases and other items that we chose to take with us and his cat box was at the back of the car where the dogs couldn't reach it and he used it quite well. He ate burgers and the meat from the egg McMuffins that we bought along the way, as well as dog food and cat food! Ha ha! Now the puppies were a different matter! There was absolutely no room for their crates except when dismantled and nested together in the back of the car. Therefore, I would usually have one or two dogs in my lap while driving and all six if Steven was driving! They were really good, considering being cramped in the car all that while, with only gas stops (about every 400 miles) to get out to potty. One day, while I was driving, I noticed a bit of poop on Nabi. I mentioned it to Steven, who was trying to get his sleep. He put his arm down, right on top of her poo poo!! She had pooped in his lap!! It was so disgusting and so funny. He rolled down the window (we were driving through Louisiana) and threw the little log (it looked like a fancy Cuban cigar!) into the forest. Another time, JinJu peed on him! Poor Steven. He was way too tired to notice when they were trying to tell him that we needed to stop.
    Needless to say, we had showered and changed into clean clothes the Wednesday before we left (the movers came early the next day) and didn't get to shower and change clothes again until Wednesday a week later! You can imagine what we looked and SMELLED like! Ha ha! A real bed at my brothers and a place for the puppies to run and play and poop and pee was such a blessing! We took care of all our business the next two days--drivers' license, new registration for the car, title, etc. On Friday, we went into the attorney's office and retrieved the keys for the house and it was officially ours! The attorney offered to marry us again, since I was not allowed to get my driver's license until we got a marriage certificate with a seal on it! Can you believe that? We have been married almost 48 1/2 years, over which time I have received a Social Security Card in my new name, my husband was able to join the Navy in 1971 with that marriage certificate, and we were able to get enhanced driver's licenses in Washington State with that marriage certificate. But Florida won't accept it!! We sent away for a certified copy of our marriage certificate, so we turned down the lawyer's offer. If there are any problems getting our marriage certificate from Washington State, we may go back to that attorney and get remarried! Ha ha!!
    We basically just brought clothing and some liquid items from our home, along with all the animal supplies we would need, so my brother loaned us a queen sized air mattress, a card table and two chairs and some bath towels, wash cloth, and cleaning rags. They also gave us a beautiful desk and matching bookcase from their house (they downsized and didn't need this extra one) and a pet grooming table! He and his wife have been so good to us!! They have taken us around, helping us get acclimated to our little town of Hawthorne. They live about an hour away from us, so it is no small deed! We bought some microwave dinners so we would have something to eat until our items arrive from the moving company. Then we remembered that we didn't have our microwave! Ha ha! Back to the store we went for TV dinners, instead. My brother loaned us some stove top cookware, but I don't have anything to bake with for oven baking. We eat cold cereal for breakfast. And of course, we brought our coffee maker, so we have coffee! We also bought disposable (but reusuable) dishes and utensils to eat with and a big container of sweet tea mix. It is warm here, so we have been drinking a lot more!
    The house was pretty clean, but I have been busy deep cleaning to get ready for our things to arrive. The movers called and said that they had put our things in storage!! They won't be here until next week, at the earliest. Oh well. I don't know why they were inspired to put our things into storage when we specifically told them we would be ready on November 9 to receive our stuff.
    The puppies are really, really happy here! They have been playing nonstop and have very good appetites for their regular, dry food. They are learning where to potty--we have the pee pads set up in the screened porch area--and we will take one dog out at a time to explore our 2 acres (it looks like a park!). We are still pretty nervous about birds of prey and our little ones, although the neighbor has a little black chihuahua that runs around free, so maybe it isn't too bad here. Even so, we want to be very vigilant and careful until we get a covered run for them to enjoy. I don't think they will want to spend too much time outside, just because it is so much warmer here than the weather we had in NW Washington. We have hundreds of anoles (lizards) and squirrels. We could hear the Sandhill cranes a short distance away, too. They are lovely and very large birds who winter in Florida from North Dakota. My aunt loved them and before she died, my other aunt (her sister) took her to North Dakota to watch them migrate back into North Dakota from Florida. Just a week later, my older aunt died (she had cancer). We found 8 orange trees on our property and they are beginning to ripen! Yum! We have crepe myrtle, oak trees, palm trees, and tons of flowering bushes (I do not know what they are). It will be beautiful in the Spring!
    I will begin taking a YouTube video as soon as we get our things moved in and show you all the grounds and the house. It is very exciting!!!

9. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am so happy for you. The excitement of experiencing a new city and state, your new house and your new property. Sorry about your furniture being late to arrive. That is quite a mix up from the moving company. I love your sense of humor. I'm not sure I could have taken the poop and pee as well as you guys did. But I am glad the rest of your journey went well.

It sounds like you are still camping out for awhile. It is fortunate your brother was able to lend you some things to make it through. It is nice to have family so close. I envy you the nice weather. It will take you a bit to get used to it. Your babies too. And to have all the new flowers to figure out. Have fun sitting in your gazebo's.

About the license, we also ran into the same problem. So we have to go to Winnemuca, Nevada to get our original marriage license also. Like you, we have been married a long time and have been able to use the one we were given for everything. Because they are trying to make sure everyone is who they say they are, you need one of the certified licenses. I guess by 2020 everyone has to have a license with the special mark on them. They did tell us that a current passport would also work. We don't have one. And, you can't get into any government office or on an airplane without the new license by 2020. New rules set up in this administration.
    It is what we are going to have to do.

I look forward to seeing your new home and hearing all the things happening.

Hugs and much love, Bobbi

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018 at 6:50 AM
    KippersMa likes this.
  10. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    What an ordeal, Susan, but I'm so glad you made it there in "one piece" you and Steven must have so much patience and I felt sorry for your babies as I read this. I also am looking for ward to pictures of your new home, etc.
    [​IMG]

KippersMa and grandmatoall like this.
  11. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Thank you, Bobbi and Lynn for your comments! Yes, they did say if I had a passport, I could get my license, but we have never needed one, so didn't have one, either. We had a few employees come in from Mexico who lied and gave false identification (SS cards, etc), so I guess this is just making double sure that we are who we say we are.
    I have contacted a mobile groomer in our area and I am hoping she will call me back so the babies can get groomed. Otherwise, they will have to wait for our stuff to come and then I can chop away! HA HA!! They look pretty scruffy, not having been groomed now for two months!
    This morning, I found an anole next to the front door! I thought it was dead, so I got a paper towel and went to pick it up and it moved!! I called for my husband to come catch it and put it outside. He wanted to just leave it in the house, but I will NOT be having anoles living in the same space unless they are in a cage, and why have a cage when they can entertain us OUTSIDE and catch their own food!
    Lexi is being well cared for by an employee of ours and she even got a bath! I am sure she is loving the extra attention. She loves it where she is. We are undecided as to whether or not we will bring her with us when we come back to pick up our RV in the Spring/Summer.

grandmatoall likes this.
  12. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am going to go look up anole to see what it is. I don't recall having heard of one before. I found one on my phone. They are very cute little lizards, native to the Americas. I agree with you. He and his buddies can provide all the entertainment they like.... outside. LOL.

My granddaughter, Lexi, has a bearded dragon. It looks like it is bigger than your Anole, but I imagine both of them are still growing. LOL. He has to be in a heated aquarium because it is too cold for him and he needs the heat.

I know you will make the right decision for Lexi. She is used to her home in Washington. I am sure she will settle in very nicely, whether it be in Washington or Florida. Time will tell.

13. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I pray your groomer will be as good as the last one you had.

14. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Sadly, the groomer never called me back. Maybe she will tomorrow. If not, I can cut them as soon as I get my grooming supplies from the movers. Anoles were what we used to call chameleons. They are very small, Bobbi. Nothing like a bearded dragon. People used to wear these little anoles on their jackets, attached by a little leash. Fairs used to sell them. It is cruel, as these little creatures need to eat and run around. They are very fast and darling. They do not bite, but I do not like to touch them because they jump and it scares me.

grandmatoall likes this.
  15. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I used to catch little lizzards in the desert when I was a kid. We would release them when everyone had seen them. They were fast and tiny. They ate ants.

16. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    Susan does this mean you are retiring from your business now??
    Anyway, the best of luck to all of your
    family - people & fur babies.

grandmatoall likes this.
  17. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Boy Susan you def lead a very busy interesting life...Your new house sounds sounds pretty awesome,glad you guys arrived safely even though our Hubby got peed and pooped on lol. Bet you can't wait till your stuff gets there, i would be just a wee bit mad.I would want to live with the little creatures either in the House.Cant wait to see it either...

LynnR and grandmatoall like this.
  18. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    My husband is mostly retired but I will continue to do the accounting for our business. We are really glad we moved here!! It is very beautiful, even without many of our belongings.

LynnR and grandmatoall like this.