Susan's gang in the Motorhome

Discussion in 'YP Reflections' started by LynnR, Oct 20, 2018.

1. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    I just found this in my email, Bobbi. I didn't know I had it. Here's a pic of Susan's gang.

[​IMG]

grandmatoall likes this.
  2. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    awe how cute :luv:

grandmatoall and LynnR like this.
  3. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.

Poo:
    Poo:
    Aren't they beautiful? They are blessed to have such loving parents. Hugs. Thank you for posting it for me Lynn.

LynnR likes this.
  4. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    You're welcome Bobbi!

5. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Yes Thank you Lynn !

LynnR and grandmatoall like this.
  6. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am also thankful to you for posting the picture, Lynn. It wasn't the best shot, but they were always so excited every time we stopped, it was hard to get them to stay still! I am really proud of my little "family" of yorkies and our cat. They were excellent travelers and we had no incidents of car sickness from any of them. They did get quite anxious when the RV would hit a noisy section in the road or a bump, but they usually were happy to just sleep. When we got to each destination, they got to go out and smell the new scents and take their potty breaks. Sometimes, we didn't let them out for various reasons, so they used the pee pads we put down for them. Mealtime was at various times, depending on when we could stop for a bit and they all gobbled down each meal without any trouble. The only issue we had was walking the dogs for more than just a little bit in the heat in New York. Dear Lily and Omari would simply revolt and lay down on the cool grass. We had taken a 2 1/2 hour walk to the waterfront from our RV park so we could see the Statue of Liberty (we also left the puppies behind and took the ferry to the Statue of Liberty, so we got to go inside the pedestal).

7. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    I'm so glad I could help, Susan. They all look so wonderful!

grandmatoall likes this.
  8. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.

Poo:
    Poo:
    I have never been to New York. I am glad you were able to visit such wonderful sights. The babies are all so sweet.

KippersMa likes this.
  9. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    New York was a once in a lifetime experience. I never want to go again....at least not in a 26 foot RV!! The traffic is awful, the streets are narrow and people are allowed to double park wherever there isn't a fire hydrant. We were told by some other people that the only tickets the police give out are if you stop by a fire hydrant and block access to it! I can believe it. We saw rampant jaywalking, walking against the lights, running of stop lights/signs, all with policemen standing by and watching. We came away with the impression that as long as you don't cause an accident by your illegal driving/walking habits, you won't get stopped for a ticket. I guess it would cause even more of a disruption to the traffic flow if you were pulled over for something? When you looked around, all you can see are more tall buildings. All sorts of illegal vendors were on the streets, trying to dupe visitors into buying their bogus tickets for the various attractions. We were warned about them from the RV park where we were staying for the two days. We had our caricatures drawn for what we thought would be $5. When the fellow was finished, he told us it would be $40!! We bought it anyway because he is an artist, after all, and it was kind of cute. The nicest thing about New York was that we met some really sweet people and were around the most diverse ethnic combination we have ever experienced. If you ever do get to go, be sure to consider taking a taxi or Uber into the city rather than try to drive your own vehicle. And get ready to spend LOTS of money. Nothing in New York is cheap! We took the ferry from New Jersey City, NJ to New York City. Then we walked. and walked. and walked!

LynnR and grandmatoall like this.
  10. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    I think i watch New York on the TV haha...but glad you got to see it !