Susan

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Do you have the wet or dry Macular ? If you have dry ? If dry i know there is no meds yet for it, i have the wet and for that they have the shots.
My iMac is a lifesaver as i can make everything larger.Without it i would not be able to read. iPone has a Acsabilty section where you can make your letters bigger in case you don't know

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Do you have the wet or dry Macular ? If you have dry ? If dry i know there is no meds yet for it, i have the wet and for that they have the shots.
My iMac is a lifesaver as i can make everything larger.Without it i would not be able to read. iPone has a Acsabilty section where you can make your letters bigger in case you don't know
Thank you for the suggestions. I do have dry Macular Degeneration. I have large print on everything I do, but sometimes that is even a challenge with the cataracts. My doctor says I will be delighted with how well I will be able to see again. I am looking forward to that. I went to the pre op appointment today and was cleared for the surgery next Tuesday. Wouldn't you know, I have so much to do before then. It is quarterly tax time and I need to make sure I get through that before my surgery, just in case there are any complications or seeing is even harder than it already is.

Reactions: grandmatoall

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
things will look much brighter, i loved seeing all these bright colors again and its immediate .When you get home look at the TV and you will see what i mean :agree:

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
things will look much brighter, i loved seeing all these bright colors again and its immediate .When you get home look at the TV and you will see what i mean :agree:
I can't wait!! I am trying to get my quarterly taxes done for our business before they start on my eyes. I always dread the tax reporting and worry I may miss something.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
How did your 2nd Shingle shot go ?
Believe it or not, the computer at Walmart was down, so they couldn't fill any prescriptions or give any immunizations. We waited about an hour and it still wasn't working, so we had to go to my pre op appointment and decided to skip it for now. We have until January to get the second one. I just thought it would be smart to have it done before I have all my eye surgery appointments and before my oldest daughter and four (of her eight) children come to visit us in early November.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Believe it or not, the computer at Walmart was down, so they couldn't fill any prescriptions or give any immunizations. We waited about an hour and it still wasn't working, so we had to go to my pre op appointment and decided to skip it for now. We have until January to get the second one. I just thought it would be smart to have it done before I have all my eye surgery appointments and before my oldest daughter and four (of her eight) children come to visit us in early November.
[/QUO
Well that sucks, have to wait till end of November, wanna hurry and get it before they run out of the Med again. Been on the waiting list for over 2 yrs. Seen Mom and my daughter go through it...Mom refuses to get one, she is 90 and hates any kind of Meds except a blood Press Pill andVitamins. Syl had the Shingles last yr when she turned 46.They told her she can't get the shot till she is 55, so now se has to get a prescription from her Dr. She is scared to get Shingles again.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I am looking forward to hearing how good your surgery goes Susan. I have no doubts you will be able to see a lot clearer. That is awesome.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Thank you for letting us know how your Shingles shot went. I am happy you are not as affected by this one.