Something to look forward to

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
I have something to look forward to. While Maggie was being cared for at the Vet Clinic I go to from April 22nd, 2018 to June 1st, 2019 I got to know Dr. Ruth (my Veterinarian) quite well, she actually owns the clinic - and because we are both in music too we've become friends through all this. Ruth plays the Bassoon in our local Symphony and we've been getting together with a Cellist, and two others every other week to play together. I play the flute and piano and am learning the Oboe. Because I teach music, it's great to get together with others to play Chamber music, etc. Ruth also plays the piano and would like to start learning new pieces and update her piano skills, so I have been giving her a few lessons and I gave her quite a few books that I don't use anymore, I didn't charge her because she wrote off the last two surgeries that Maggie had - each was over $750.00. I am so lucky to have such a good clinic to take my babies to, all the staff are wonderful. She is treating me to lunch on Monday and going for a walk.

Reactions: grandmatoall

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I agree with Susan. you are a very special lady and you have a new friend who loves music and babies as much as you do. A match made in heaven.

Reactions: LynnR

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Thank you everyone! It's even supposed to be a nice day on Monday, so we can go for a walk too. Ruth laughs at me - she calls me the "Tea lady" because I have all kinds of herbal tea and when she comes to my house I show her all the different kinds so she can pick. She usually just says: "You pick"

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I am still trying to get used to the aftertaste of tea and coffee. :yuck: It still tastes like medicine to me. And that is how I get it down. I drink it down fast then hit the water... so I can wash that taste out of my mouth. :freakout: I sound silly, I know. But that is how I am. LOL. :agree:

• Haha
Reactions: KippersMa

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Hi everyone, I had a wonderful time with Ruth. We went to a Restaurant called "The Hideout" where you can get gluten free food (I'm Celiac) as well as all kinds of other yummy food, Ruth had fancy tacos with all kinds of toppings and sweet potato fries. The food was delicious. It was a very relaxing lunch and we were there for about two hours, talking and laughing. Ruth was so happy about the way Maggie has healed completely, you can't even see the scars, her pain is all gone and little Maggie was so happy to see Ruth, I think she is her favourite person. Maggie cries when Ruth comes for Piano lessons (only once a month), but before she leaves I have to bring Maggie into my music room to see Ruth. Ruth even gave Maggie a special hug and a kiss yesterday - I think it made Maggie's day. We went for a short walk with Benji and Calleigh around the corner, but it looked like rain, there was thunder and lightning again so we had to go back to my house. Ruth is such a lovely, lovely person and we have so much in common - like Kindred Spirits, it was a special day. She even likes British Movies the way I do. I have Acorn TV & Brit Box which just shows British movies and Ruth has the same app., I couldn't believe it. We talked about our favourite British shows and had some of the same ones in common. These apps are like Netflix, but only show British TV, Movies, etc. and some foreign films. Both of us also admitted that we work too hard so we promised to get together more often, so we are going to meet again in two weeks. She is also brilliant and, refreshing and has a great personality, she's very positive about life and believes in herself which I like. She told me yesterday that I inspire her because of the way I handled last year and all the things that happened were Maggie was concerned. She couldn't believe how positive I was and how I dealt with everything last Spring especially since I was so sick myself. Ruth only works half a day on Monday's and had to get back to the clinic because she and some of the other Veterinarians are working on a new treatment for knee surgery for Cruciate ligament, Luxating Patella, etc. Dr. Rice, Dr. Ruth and Dr. Fradette are involved in this. That's what I love about Steeples, they are always trying to find new ways to help their animal clients and their owners. I am so, so lucky to have such a wonderful Veterinarian and friend. While we were together, I gave her a copy of the CD from our SVS May Spring Concert (the choir I am in). Ruth paid for the lunch and she also paid for Maggie's last two surgeries because she knew I was struggling with money and said she wanted to help me, so I ended up giving her all kinds of older Piano books that I don't use anymore. I tried to give her free Piano lessons, but she wouldn't hear of it and pays me when she comes - so on special occasions, I give her little gifts - like at Christmas, Easter, etc.. Today looks like it is going to be a beautiful, sunny day here. I'm going out this morning, but plan to sit out on my deck and read my book this afternoon. In another few weeks, I will have a wonderful - big surprise to share with you all.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
What an amazing, encouraging day for you, Lynn!! I am so happy that Ruth can see what we also see in your life as you have been through some pretty trying situations!! You are an inspiration and testimony to us all! I am SO CURIOUS about your surprise that you won't divulge for another few weeks. Good thing I am not a cat (curiosity killed the cat!). I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Last edited:

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
What an amazing, encouraging day for you, Lynn!! I am so happy that Ruth can see what we also see in your life as you have been through some pretty trying situations!! You are an inspiration and testimony to us all! I am SO CURIOUS about your surprise that you won't divulge for another few weeks. Could thing I am not a cat (curiosity killed the cat!). I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Hee, Hee, Hee! Just be patient! I told Dr. Ruth and she agreed it was a great idea!:roflma::roflma::roflma:

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Now we have something to look forward to. I can hardly wait to find out what your surprise is.

I am glad you had such a wonderful day with Ruth.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I know!!! You are coming to Florida to visit me and all my puppies!!! Just kidding. But it would be nice. I can't wait until you are ready to divulge your secret plans!!! You really know how to keep our interest perked, Lynn!