So curious

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I am curious Susan. You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

How did you find your new home? Did someone look up houses for you to look at? Had you decided to buy down there before you left on your trip? Will you be by family? I kind of remember you saying you visited people there. Obviously you like the area.

What does your new home look like? How many bedrooms, fenced yard, close to family? Small town, large town? Out in the country, city? I am so happy for you.

Reactions: cathy.akers

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Our nephew, who lives in Green Cove Springs, FL found the home for us. It was love at first sight! The home is in perfect condition and all on one floor. Since we are leaving 2400 sq ft for 1634 sq ft, it will be downsizing and that will be a relief!!! I have never had such a big house as this one and all we do is get more junk! We are really being careful about what we take and planning to enjoy living in a house that will be easier to maintain. The property has 2 acres that is totally fenced (6' solid wooden fencing) and looks like a park, with 3 gazebos and trellises you can walk through to get to a gazebo with a swing in it. It has three outside storage units with a greenhouse between two of them. The house is a beautiful light blue with a metal roof. It is on a concrete block, so no crawl space for snakes or bugs to get under and it has a stucco exterior. It was built in 2000, so it isn't that old, either. It has vaulted ceilings and a lovely, lovely kitchen with a huge sink and arched faucet, a five burner stove and self cleaning oven, dishwasher, and huge refrigerator with the refrigerator divided on top and a big pull out drawer on the bottom (just what I would have picked!). The refrigerator has cold water and ice dispenser on the outside (fanciest refrigerator I have ever owned! haha). The kitchen also has a nice pantry. There are three bedrooms and two bathrooms. One bathroom has a walk-in jetted tub! The master bathroom has a large shower and lots and lots of storage. The living room is spacious and it also has a formal dining room. Between the kitchen and the dining room is a sliding glass door that goes out onto an elegant screened in porch that has both screens and windows (to accommodate both cooler weather and hot). The flooring is a wood laminate. The double car garage has not only an automatic garage door opener (we have never had a garage before), but there is also a screen door for the entire garage opening so you can work in your garage with the outside door open, but not get bitten by bugs while you are in the garage! It also has a doggie door, although we are too scared to let our little dogs out unattended because of the owls and other dangers. We want to be with them and for Lexi to be there to help protect them first and she has to wait until we return the middle of March to come back down with us, since we don't have room for her in the car this time.The house is in the country and the town of Hawthorne is very small.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Our nephew, who lives in Green Cove Springs, FL found the home for us. It was love at first sight! The home is in perfect condition and all on one floor. Since we are leaving 2400 sq ft for 1634 sq ft, it will be downsizing and that will be a relief!!! I have never had such a big house as this one and all we do is get more junk! We are really being careful about what we take and planning to enjoy living in a house that will be easier to maintain. The property has 2 acres that is totally fenced (6' solid wooden fencing) and looks like a park, with 3 gazebos and trellises you can walk through to get to a gazebo with a swing in it. It has three outside storage units with a greenhouse between two of them. The house is a beautiful light blue with a metal roof. It is on a concrete block, so no crawl space for snakes or bugs to get under and it has a stucco exterior. It was built in 2000, so it isn't that old, either. It has vaulted ceilings and a lovely, lovely kitchen with a huge sink and arched faucet, a five burner stove and self cleaning oven, dishwasher, and huge refrigerator with the refrigerator divided on top and a big pull out drawer on the bottom (just what I would have picked!). The refrigerator has cold water and ice dispenser on the outside (fanciest refrigerator I have ever owned! haha). The kitchen also has a nice pantry. There are three bedrooms and two bathrooms. One bathroom has a walk-in jetted tub! The master bathroom has a large shower and lots and lots of storage. The living room is spacious and it also has a formal dining room. Between the kitchen and the dining room is a sliding glass door that goes out onto an elegant screened in porch that has both screens and windows (to accommodate both cooler weather and hot). The flooring is a wood laminate. The double car garage has not only an automatic garage door opener (we have never had a garage before), but there is also a screen door for the entire garage opening so you can work in your garage with the outside door open, but not get bitten by bugs while you are in the garage! It also has a doggie door, although we are too scared to let our little dogs out unattended because of the owls and other dangers. We want to be with them and for Lexi to be there to help protect them first and she has to wait until we return the middle of March to come back down with us, since we don't have room for her in the car this time.The house is in the country and the town of Hawthorne is very small.
It sounds perfect to me. I like small towns. Your refrigerator sounds like mine. I love it. You are very lucky to have all that storage plus 3 outside buildings. All of your yard stuff will be protected and out of sight. I used to have outside storage and it was nice. Plus a double car garage and a greenhouse. Wow! And it sounds like the landscaping is gorgeous too. What fun you will have getting everything set up just as you like it. And gazebo's too. I can imagine sitting out in one of the gazebo's and reading a book, on a swing, with all your babies.

cathy.akers

May 12, 2018
US
Sounds absolutely lovely

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
No wonder you love this House, i am jealous haha, it sounds wonderful !

Our nephew, who lives in Green Cove Springs, FL found the home for us. It was love at first sight! The home is in perfect condition and all on one floor. Since we are leaving 2400 sq ft for 1634 sq ft, it will be downsizing and that will be a relief!!! I have never had such a big house as this one and all we do is get more junk! We are really being careful about what we take and planning to enjoy living in a house that will be easier to maintain. The property has 2 acres that is totally fenced (6' solid wooden fencing) and looks like a park, with 3 gazebos and trellises you can walk through to get to a gazebo with a swing in it. It has three outside storage units with a greenhouse between two of them. The house is a beautiful light blue with a metal roof. It is on a concrete block, so no crawl space for snakes or bugs to get under and it has a stucco exterior. It was built in 2000, so it isn't that old, either. It has vaulted ceilings and a lovely, lovely kitchen with a huge sink and arched faucet, a five burner stove and self cleaning oven, dishwasher, and huge refrigerator with the refrigerator divided on top and a big pull out drawer on the bottom (just what I would have picked!). The refrigerator has cold water and ice dispenser on the outside (fanciest refrigerator I have ever owned! haha). The kitchen also has a nice pantry. There are three bedrooms and two bathrooms. One bathroom has a walk-in jetted tub! The master bathroom has a large shower and lots and lots of storage. The living room is spacious and it also has a formal dining room. Between the kitchen and the dining room is a sliding glass door that goes out onto an elegant screened in porch that has both screens and windows (to accommodate both cooler weather and hot). The flooring is a wood laminate. The double car garage has not only an automatic garage door opener (we have never had a garage before), but there is also a screen door for the entire garage opening so you can work in your garage with the outside door open, but not get bitten by bugs while you are in the garage! It also has a doggie door, although we are too scared to let our little dogs out unattended because of the owls and other dangers. We want to be with them and for Lexi to be there to help protect them first and she has to wait until we return the middle of March to come back down with us, since we don't have room for her in the car this time.
The house is in the country and the town of Hawthorne is very small.