SNAKE!!!

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
This morning, we were allowing the puppies to run outside while we cleaned up the yard before our 10 days of thunderstorms. I noticed Kipper running after something with his nose to the ground. I went over to look and it was a CORAL SNAKE!! They are the 2nd most venomous snakes in the world! The good thing is that they are not aggressive and they have a poor venom delivery system, so getting bitten by one isn't necessarily "lights out!" Just the same, if you are bitten, it is best to get to an emergency room for anti venom. I am so grateful that Kipper obeyed when I told him to, "STOP!!"

Reactions: grandmatoall

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Kipper is so lucky you are there to watch after him. I am very glad those are not aggressive snakes. Clearing the brush from that area will deter the snake from returning, won't it? Do they like to keep hidden? I am not familiar with them at all.

I am happy Kipper was not bitten.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Yes, clearing the brush and leaves will help immensely. We are working on that. As you might well imagine, there is a lot to do when you first move into a new place. I am not much of a gardener, so my husband has been mostly doing all the work. We try to pick up sticks so he can gather up the leaves for one-two hours every morning, before it gets too hot. Right now, we are having one thunderstorm after another with drenching rain, so we are bit nervous about going out and taking a chance that lightning may hit!

Reactions: grandmatoall

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I'll bet your lightning storms are very fierce in Florida! I don't blame you at all for staying inside when they start. I would too. Never trust lightning.

You guys are such hard workers. I'll bet your place is wonderful. You will have it just the way you want it, in no time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candy, 100 already? That is too hot! We had a few days in the low 90's and today it is supposed to hit 89. Tomorrow too... then it drops down again. Thank heavens. I love it in the 60's, 70's, maybe low 80's. :agree:

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
You would gasp if you were here with me today! It was 100 in the shade and 115 in the sun! We have been staying inside with our wonderful air conditioning and seven sweet dogs and one furry kitty! We should be having some more thunderstorms in the next couple of days, so that usually cools things down a bit. At least we haven't seen anymore snakes!

Reactions: LynnR