Several Opions

Discussion in 'YP Yorkie Talk' started by Candy, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Working with a Show Breeder in Alabama that i met at Apollo's Breeders House, she was pretty nice , stayed Friends with her on FB she knows what i been through. She will be retiring 3 Females after 1 more Breeding, she is going to send me pics. She has a Friend in Texas that is also a Show Breeder that has this Female that he bought, but got chipped as she has a soft coat and soft personality so no good for show.She is 11/2 yrs old 5.5 pounds and she is a absolute a Doll. Have a short clip of her but can't figure out how to get it here, i can send it through messenger to Lynn and Bobbi just not to Susan...
    I have not spoken to this Breeder as i am going through Chris the Alabama Breeder. But i guess she asked and he won't ship her in this Heat which i guess i can't blame him. She has to be picked up. I have the money for the dog but won't have the money fly down there to get her for a couple of months. I am not sure if he is willing to wait that long. Gosh i want her..
    Then there is another option. But this one would be a pup. Kind of hate getting a pup as if something is going to happen to me what would happen to her and with Syl having Diabetic 1 not sure if she is going to be around (hate even think about that) Anyways talked to Rosi's Breeder and she said she don't breed anymore but her Stepmom does and it so happen i worked with her for 28 yrs. I was going to get a pup from her but she had all boys and her Stepdaughter had Rosi. Anyways she just got a new female and waiting for her to come in her 2nd Heat... have not talked to Kay yet because don't know what to do...all i know i need another baby...
    Input please !

cathy.akers, grandmatoall and LynnR like this.
  2. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    Oh, Candy that is so exciting. I absolutely know that you need another baby. If you are like me you were probably crying every day. Patti's grave is in my back yard and every time I look at it, I cry. That's why I got Benji, he's 10 weeks old, and so, so smart. He is also very, very low key for a puppy. Sat on my lap with Maggie last night. Candy I wish you all the luck in the world and can't wait to see what you decide to do.

cathy.akers and grandmatoall like this.
  3. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am just getting to learn more about you, Candy, as I have not been here very long. I hardly feel qualified to offer my opinion other than the fact that I am also older and find myself considering what I may leave behind, if I should die or become too ill to care for my sweet babies.
    In considering an older dog, I would want to make sure the dog was still in excellent health and of course loveable and happy. At our ages and on limited income, the burden of veterinary care can become quite difficult to bear. Not to mention falling totally in love with the dog and then having to say goodbye before too soon.
    On the other hand, a puppy would bring a lot of expense initially, due to the purchase price, shots, neutering/spaying, etc. But, if you were to purchase or find a mixed yorkie, the cost might be a bit more affordable. In our area, the mixed breeds are being sold for as much as a full breed though. You have probably already looked into the yorkie rescue close to you, where you can be put on a waiting list if you wish, along with the age and qualities you are hoping to find in a new friend.
    It would be wonderful if you could find just the right companion and that it would be sooner than later, as I really believe that while we can never replace the beloved pets who have crossed that rainbow bridge ahead, the new life in our care is one of the ways God uses to comfort us and to fill our lives with happiness and meaning as we care for a precious creature He created.
    May the Lord guide you in this decision and bless your choice with many years of happiness together.

4. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Thank you Susan. Well the Breeder in Alabama breeds mostly for Show so i would think she keeps them healthy but it is far away. She is retiring 3. I just don't know... so seldom i get to go out of this house due to my vision. Haven't heard of any mixed. I am really not ready money wise Do want to keep my eye on that 11/2 yr one.

5. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Candy, we are planning to go across the US in the Fall and we are taking all our babies. If you find something you want and it fits in with our timeline, perhaps we could pick up the baby for you. We are definitely going to Texas to visit my husband's sisters who live in various parts of the state. Just something to think about. Also, if you find one closer, we might be able to pick it up for you and bring it to you. It seems like it would be a hard choice, since you wouldn't first get to meet the pup in person, though. I just thought I would offer to see if something might work out for both you and for us.

cathy.akers likes this.
  6. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy. RIP Leo, TJ and Lilly

Poo:
    Poo:
    How thoughtful of you to offer to pick up Candy's new baby for her Susan. That might help Candy find the perfect baby. I am eagerly awaiting to see how things work out, and see the beautiful baby you choose Candy. God will help them work out. Stay strong and positive.

Just a thought... sometimes mixed babies are healthier than registered ones. But where you are looking at a breeders babies... they should be very healthy.

cathy.akers likes this.
  7. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    That was why I got a mixed breed, the price was about $2,000.00 less than for a Purebred Yorkie. I only paid $600.00 for Benji. For a puppy, he is wonderful! He is so smart, can already use the doggie door. I take him out and he hasn't messed in the house yet. As soon as he eats and drinks I take him outside and walk around the yard with him. I love Benji's coloring he looks more like a Yorkie than a Brussels Griffon. The other reason was that all the other breeders are so far away from me either in Calgary, Edmonton or on the Coast of B.C. I would have had to pay shipping too and really like to see the dog in person. I crate him at night in my bedroom next to my bed and he doesn't make a sound. Benji is also very, very playful, but listens to me when I correct him. I really lucked in when I found him.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  8. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    He sure sounds like a blessing for you, Lynn. Wow, your prices are much higher for a purebred yorkie than what we have ever paid down here where we live. I paid $800 for Kipper, $1200 each for LingLing and JinJu, and $600 each for Omari (yorkie /shih tzu mix), Nabi, and Lily, and $350 for Mozart (he has no papers). No matter the price, they are all priceless, right? It sounds like Benji has gotten off to the right start, for sure!

9. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:

I know, it's ridiculous! Where Cory lives the Purebred Yorkies are over $3,000.00. In all honesty, he is the best Puppy I've ever raised. I was going to wait until next year, but I've been too sad about Molly & Patti and really needed him.

10. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    I see a darling 8 week old puppy in Tacoma area that is a yorkie/dachsund mix on Craig's List. He looks more like a yorkie. He is supposed to get to 10-15 pounds according to the advertisement. He was just listed late last night. (253) 220-7074 text or call. If you are interested, we would be happy to pick him up for you and bring him to you this Friday/Saturday.

11. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Susan that is so so nice of you, but i don't know if he would wait that long...asking Chris if she can send me his info so i can talk to him. He told Chris if i paid for the Flight he would bring her to me...i can come up.with the money for the Dog but have to figure out how to pay for the Flight.
    It was love on first sight when i saw her on video
    You are truly a Angel Susan, do you know when you going to Texas ?

12. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    Candy I saw your video, but had to go to the Hospital for my Kidney test and blood work. I was there almost the whole morning so couldn't answer. Beautiful dog, probably a female. How old is she/he?

13. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    She is 1 1/2 yrs old ! Wish i could get the Clip on here...

cathy.akers, LynnR and grandmatoall like this.
  14. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Unfortunately, we won't be going through Texas until mid to end October if we get to see everything we wanted to see. I wish it was sooner for your sake.

15. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    [Thank you very much Susan, it was so awesome for you to offer xoxo

16. kyle

kyle Administrator Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    grandmatoall likes this.
  17. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy. RIP Leo, TJ and Lilly

Poo:
    Poo:
    Oh my word! What a beautiful baby!

cathy.akers likes this.
  18. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Thanks Kyle for posting it.
    She was spayed 2 days ago and going to the Groomers. Then i have to figure out how much it cost to get her up here. Wonder how bad shipping her Cargo, so worried now...

grandmatoall and cathy.akers like this.
  19. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am praying that God will open all the right doors for you to find a way to bring her home to you! It is awfully hot across the nation right now, so they definitely won't let a dog fly when temperatures are high.

Candy, grandmatoall and cathy.akers like this.
  20. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Yes you are right, we where on phone most of the day and yes they are not flying till weather cools down until Oct.1st with is understandable, its nice to think of the animals. He is going to fly her here to PDX as i don't think he wants to get it over with because he has a deposit down on a show puppy, so now i have to figure out how to come up with Flight cost which are not cheap, i got about half so scraping the bottom of my wallet. Scared to be exited...he is not charging me for the spay. She is still on antibiotics.
    Her name is Jackie but kind of want to change her name...Syl thinks he looks like a Gracie...still thinking...
    making myself sick over the Stress...