Recalled and deadly bones for dogs

Discussion in 'Health,Excercise,Diet' started by LynnR, Nov 30, 2017.

1. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Calleigh, Maggie &Molly

Poo:
    Poo:
  2. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    I saw that article awhile ago, too. I was concerned because we bought Lexi a new bed for her outside crate to keep her warm this winter and we wanted to get her something to chew so she wouldn't destroy her new bed. We got her a bone from Chewy.com. Thankfully, it was not one of the kind that they mentioned in this article. She loved it and it is gone and she did not get sick. The sad part is that she STILL chewed her new bed! We have fluff all over the yard and it has been raining so hard, Steven has not wanted to go out to pick it up!

3. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy. RIP Leo, TJ and Lilly

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am afraid to give my babies any bones. Thank you for sharing Lynn and Susan. I appreciate being kept informed. Hugs

4. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    I absolutely will not give any of my little dogs bones or rawhide chews. I used to worry about the CET dental chews, but they are made up of small pieces of something and they are very effective at keeping their gums healthy and helping to reduce tartar. None of them have ever choked on them. The greenies (small toothbrush looking things) were a nightmare for us. I had a couple of dogs choke on those, so I don't use them at all anymore. I do love the yak milk treats, as they do not break up easily and the dog can lick and chew and they love them. I got one from our monthly BarkBox and they are still working on that! I give it to Mozart because he cannot have beef or chicken and the CET chews I had been getting were made with beef. I ordered him some vegetable ones that are coming with our order today and I am hoping he likes them! Then I will let all the dogs take turns with the yak milk stick.

grandmatoall likes this.
  5. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Eggnog
    Thanks for the heads up, the only bones i give mine is raw rib bones where i take of the bone, had to stop giving it to them as it made Rosi vicious and attack Apollo. Now once in a while i order from Kona Chips as they are kind of spendy. They have Turkey/Duck sticks i want to try

grandmatoall likes this.
  6. pawbaby

pawbaby Moderator

Poo:
    Poo:
    Thanks Lynn for letting everyone know about this. I have seen these type of bones at various pet stores. Makes me angry that they still sell them if they're so dangerous!

grandmatoall likes this.