Quite a day

Discussion in 'Partner Talk' started by grandmatoall, Oct 8, 2018.

1. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.

Poo:
    Poo:
    Marlin and I both have to get our new drivers licenses. So, we got up extremely early and were over at the license bureau by 7am. There were a few cars there with us. We waited in line for them to open up at 8. Since they have been having major problems with their new Idaho computer program, you need to be there early.... so they can work out the problems. It has been very hard on the whole state. They switched to this new program and it is full of holes. It has been months and months and they haven't been able to work out the glitches. You can spend All day there and not get it done.

so, we are patiently waiting..... when one guy happened to read the sign on the door. It is a holiday and they are closed today. :agree: Oh well, there is always tomorrow. :wink:
    The computers needed a rest. :roflma:

We stopped and had a really nice breakfast. We enjoyed it.
    I took Marlin home and went back to the rec center to exercise. I had a great workout.

I was supposed to take JoOnni to her doctor appointment in Boise but she wasn't sure how long it would last and didn't want me to sit and wait forever. I told her I didn't mind. She will drive herself over there. So Now, I may be able to grab a nap. :sleepy:

cathy.akers, KippersMa and LynnR like this.
  2. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    Yes, I knew it was a holiday in the USA as it's the Canadian Thanksgiving here in Canada. I went to a friends for dinner last night with her family and brought homemade pumpkin pie and a salad. We had a lovely evening.
    Hope you can re-new your drivers licence tomorrow. Back to work for me.

grandmatoall and cathy.akers like this.
  3. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    How awful that they were closed today. We always work on Columbus Day, so it is easy to forget it is a holiday.

4. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I picked Marlin up from work and we went over there again. The line was clear to the street. And it was raining. Marlin got out to stand in line. He was standing in the rain and it kept getting worse. At 7:30 there was a cloud burst and it poured. Marlin gave up and decided to try another day. He was soaked through. Thursday is supposed to be clear so we will try then. I can go over and be in line at 6 am. I should be first. Then Marlin can come over when he gets off at 7. It doesn't open until 8. I will have my walker and a blanket. It has a seat and is mostly comfortable.

cathy.akers, KippersMa and LynnR like this.
  5. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Now that is what I call DETERMINATION!!

cathy.akers and grandmatoall like this.
  6. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    :roflma: :roflma: :roflma:

cathy.akers likes this.
  7. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    No kidding :roflma:

8. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    Yes, Bobbi you sure are determined! Hope you can eventually renew your licences.
    :roflma:

9. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    We did it! I got up and was at the place at 5:50 am. There was a young man already there. And it was very, very cold! Another young lady came at 6 and people continued to trickle in and line up. I had my walker and a light blanket to cover up with. The wind and damp air made it seem much colder. We all had a very nice visit. And we were entirely frozen. About 7:35 they let us come into the vestibule to warm up a little. By that time, there must have been in excess of 45 people. I lost count. :)

Marlin got there just after that. They opened at 8 and we got our number from the computer. We were out of there by 8:15. Yippee! Walking out, all of the seats were filled up and people were still trying to get in. We were there at the right time.

I could not get warm yesterday. The cold soaked into my bones and would not leave. I was still freezing last night. But, it was worth it all to get things done.

cathy.akers and LynnR like this.
  10. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    I'm so glad that you got your licences, Bobbi. That must have been quite an ordeal. It was so windy and chilly here yesterday, yet the day before was beautiful and sunny.

11. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Early mornings here are in the low 30's. Daytime temps are in the 50's, with sunny days for a few days. :clap: I know we need the rain but I love the sunshine.:fan: And I love the trees changing with the leaves falling.:leaf2: No more dragging the hoses around to water the lawn until spring. But we are still mowing , which I like to do, as there are lots of leaves falling from our trees and the neighbors trees. :vacume:

cathy.akers likes this.
  12. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Been cool here at night but its dry and it suppose to be in the 70s most of the week which is good as we have so much work to do, Contracters pretty much done except for a couple of things but we can move our stuff back in, yay...Maggie and i got to sleep in Bed for the first time since she been here and we both loved it !
    So much to do...

13. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am so happy for you. Getting back to normal will help you a lot. Congratulations.

cathy.akers likes this.
  14. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am also glad things are getting back to normal for you Candy. Good luck with the work.

15. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Thanks, but its going to be a few days before we are back to normal, Syl been a big help. But when we are done we have to deep clean our whole house as everything got so dusty/dirty from all the work they done. Am so tired and so is Mom !

16. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am ready to drop. I have had a couple of very full days. But I got a lot done.

Yesterday Judy and I exercised. I upped the weights on all of the machines. :getdown: I had an excellent workout. :aerobics:And very sore muscles since. :lifter: I came back home, loaded up some card making stuff and my cricut machine. I went to Pat's and we worked on the cricut for several hours. We decided we were hungry and ended up picking up Judy and Kitty. We had a wonderful time sitting and talking through dinner. (Marlin was sleeping.)

Today, I had a dr app first thing this morning in Meridian, our nail app's right after that and another meeting after I took Judy home. Then I came back and mowed the back yard. I just finished up, came inside, washed up and got on here. I am very tired. It is almost 5. I should sleep well tonight. :sleepy:

cathy.akers likes this.
  17. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Goodness you where a busy Lady, hope you slept well !

18. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I slept very well, thank you. But I am dragging today. :relax: I think I am going to take it easy today and do better tomorrow. The nice thing is.... the leaves on the neighbors tree are almost all gone. :leaf2: Now I just have our other tree to finish up. The leaves on it are small and they mow up very well. :leaf1:

cathy.akers and Candy like this.
  19. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    You know, come to think about it..... that is how I used to do, all the time, when I worked. I just kept going and not sitting down. I got a lot of stuff done after and before going to work. :agree: Since I have retired, there is always tomorrow to get things done. There is no hurry. It is too easy to let things slip by. :thinking:

cathy.akers likes this.
  20. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Haha you are so right Bobbi, although sometimes i wonder when i had time to work :thinking: