Prayers needed for JoOnni

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I hope her progress will continue in the right direction! I am so happy to hear that she has been able to do more than before. She still needs our prayers and best wishes for a complete recovery!! I can imagine Bobbi's mama heart is super happy for this good news! I pray it continues!!!

Reactions: grandmatoall

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Another trip to surgery yesterday. They cleaned her out once again. There was a small tare above the area they put the mesh. Everything else looked good. They are certain she will eventually develop a hernia in that area. They will deal with that when it happens. She needs to eat so they can stop feeding her through her IV. One day at a time. Love you all.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
JoOnni was released from the hospital this evening. I just got her home. She is staying with Shay, her oldest daughter. Shay has a day care, so Jo will have Shay with her all day. Jo is happy to be at home. She will have home care come 3 times a week, Mon, Wed, Thurs, to change her wound vac and teach her how to change her colostomy bag. Then PT will work with her on Tuesday and Thursday.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Jo is back in the hospital. Her wound vac wasn't working right. She was having stomach pain and her colostomy wasn't moving anything. To make a long story shorter... they did another CT Scan. She has an abscess. She is on more antibiotics and they will take her down to drain the abscess in the morning. They will give her stuff to help the colostomy start working again. She wasn't eating much in the hospital (mostly liquids). They put her on more solids before she left. She is eating well at home. The solids aren't working their way through easily. She will be there for 3-4 days.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
omg that poor girl, it is unbelievable why she has to go through. Bet you are all so stressed !!!
Let me ask you something , is there some neglect from the first Surgeon ? I would be asking a lot of questions...she deserves something for her pain and suffering...just a thought !!!

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
They drained the abscess this morning. It went really well. She may only need the drain tube in for a few days instead of 10 days. That is good news. When they changed her wound vac and colostomy bag, there was some odd looking liquid in the wound. They decided to put a "wet-flush-wound-vac" on. This fills the wound with 20ml of saline. It sits for ten minutes and then the vac sucks it all back out. It then continues to suck any fluids out for three hours and it does it all again. It flushes every three hours. She has to stay in the hospital while this is going on. They will change everything again Wednesday. If it looks like she will benefit from another flush cycle, they will use it again for another couple of days.

Baby steps... one day at a time. Things are going in the right direction, even though it may not always seem like it.

Thank you for all the hugs and prayers.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Oh Bobbi! I am so hoping the good overcomes the bad for your sweet JoOnni. What a troublesome series of events for her and for you, as you support her through this. I am praying for you all. May God be your Source of comfort and strength as He is with you and JoOnni during this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Oh Bobbi! I am so hoping the good overcomes the bad for your sweet JoOnni. What a troublesome series of events for her and for you, as you support her through this. I am praying for you all. May God be your Source of comfort and strength as He is with you and JoOnni during this time.
I have complete faith that God is holding onto her through all of this. I told her that he has brought her this far and he isn't going to drop her now. He has something special planned for her. I don't think I would have stood up through all of this without knowing he is there for her. Thank you my friend.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
She slept well last night and had a good day. If things look good tomorrow evening, after her wound vac change... I can bring her home. Yippee!