PleyEl

Discussion in 'Partner Talk' started by grandmatoall, Dec 3, 2017.

1. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy. RIP Leo, TJ and Lilly

Poo:
    Poo:
    PleyEl
    I started this thread for Susan's daughter, Rachel. Her puppy was hit by a car and severely injured. I am having problems reading what is written in chat about his condition. So I thought it would be better to have a thread.

From Susan:
    PleyEl is home and continuing to show signs of healing. He cannot control his bladder and his tail doesn't work. His left leg also is pretty lame. It sheared off his bottom front teeth, skinned his face and shattered his toenails. He eats well, but not dog food. Rachel is feeding him chicken and pumpkin.

Praying for his continued healing. :prayer: Hugs for Rachel and Susan. :hugs:

KippersMa and LynnR like this.
  2. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Calleigh, Maggie &Molly

Poo:
    Poo:
    Awe, the poor baby! :prayer: for Rachel, Susan and PleyEl.
    I sure hope he continues to heal and improve every day. Big, big, :hugs: to all of you. I also hope Rachel is ok and not too worried.

KippersMa and grandmatoall like this.
  3. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Eggnog
    I was going to suggest that, thank you Bobby ! The hatbox is for short sentences until you have time to post !
    That poor Baby...i feel so bad for him and Rachel and Susan. I hope and pray he will be ok ! :hugs:and :prayer:

KippersMa, grandmatoall and LynnR like this.
  4. pawbaby

pawbaby Moderator

Poo:
    Poo:
    I'm so sorry to hear about Rachel's puppy. Poor baby! I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers and pray for continued healing. :hugs: :prayer:

KippersMa, grandmatoall and LynnR like this.
  5. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Do we have any more updates?

KippersMa likes this.
  6. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    Yes, I was just wondering the same thing, Bobbi. Poor Pleyel!

7. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    You all are amazing prayer warriors, and I am sorry for not giving you more updates. I was at the vet with Mozart today (routine physical and vaccines, but turns out he has an infection so he is on antibiotics for two weeks) and then work kept me pretty busy.
    PleyEl is continuing to improve. Rachel took him out to see his sheep and he got so excited that he broke away from her with the sling for his back end and ran up to visit the sheep, using all his legs!! This was not a good thing for him to do, as he is still heavily medicated with pain mess, so he didn't feel the pain it might have caused. Nevertheless, the vet we normally use was very encouraged and believes he will eventually get back his bladder control, too. She explained that the nerves that control the bladder are on the top about where the dog's hips are. She said they are normally the longest to heal when there is a spinal injury. PleyEl will go back to see his usual vet on Thursday for an evaluation of his progress. His tail still does not work. He is eating his dog food and Rachel takes him outside three times a day for five minutes to encourage him to bear weight on his legs. His toes no longer curl under. We think it is a miracle and so does the vet. The emergency vet told Rachel that he would be paralyzed for life, if not dead from his injuries. God is merciful and took wonderful care of sweet PleyEl. He knew how much Rachel needed this very special dog. He wakes her up when she stops breathing or when she begins to get sleep paralysis. He protects her from aggressive men when she takes him for walks, and he adores Rachel with all his being. Praise God for giving him back to Rachel. She asked me to thank you all for your prayers and concern.

LynnR, pawbaby and grandmatoall like this.
  8. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    That's great news Susan. You all must be so so releaved. I hope he continues to improve every day.

9. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Eggnog
    Thats good news, hope he gets better every day :hugs::prayer:

LynnR, KippersMa and grandmatoall like this.
  10. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    God is good. I am so happy for you. Yippee!

LynnR and KippersMa like this.
  11. pawbaby

pawbaby Moderator

Poo:
    Poo:
    Such great news that he's improving Susan. Continued prayers that he will heal and that he will improve to full functional abilities. How sad that this happened to him. I hope he didn't do any damage running up to the sheep and that he's not having allot of pain. Poor Rachel, she must have been so heartbroken over this happening. Please say hello to her for me and tell her how badly I feel about what happened to her sweet puppy.

LynnR, KippersMa and grandmatoall like this.
  12. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    The day showed more improvement in how PleyEl is feeling. However, when Rachel tried to massage his hip area, as instructed by the vet, he acted as though he might bite her, so she is certain that he is still in quite a bit of pain. We got a good look in his mouth today and all his front teeth, top and bottom, are sheared off. His canine tooth on the right side bottom is also broken off. Poor, poor baby!!! He still cannot control his bladder or bowels. Nor can he move his tail. He did try standing today, so that is encouraging. Rachel asked me to buy him something to chew while he has to lay on the blanket all day. When I brought him his prizes, he whined because he was so happy to see me. I felt happy, too! On Thursday, I will let you all know what our own vet says about PleyEl and whether or not she thinks he will make a full recovery. We are praying that he will. Thank you for your continued prayers. This little boy was really injured in a severe way.

LynnR likes this.
  13. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    It brings tears to my eyes to think of what this dear soul has to go through. I am so sorry he is in pain. It hurts you to watch him struggle, I know. Continued prayers for a complete recovery for PleyEl. Hugs for you and Rachel.

LynnR likes this.
  14. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Eggnog
    Sending lots more prayers, poor Baby, he must be hurting everywhere, it just breaks my Heart :blowkiss: Hope you all get some good news !

LynnR and grandmatoall like this.
  15. pawbaby

pawbaby Moderator

Poo:
    Poo:
    Poor PleyEl, I feel so very badly for him. I sure hope he continues to improve and his pain is less and less day by day and week by week. Continued prayers for healing for this sweet baby. Breaks my heart to know he's in so much pain.

16. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    PleyEl is standing at times now and has no more pain meds. Rachel is not sure he is ready to go without pain medication, as he looks at her in complete grief and confusion. He defecates and urinates without control and it is really hard for her to handle with him being the size that he is and being in the house. She sees the vet at 9am tomorrow and I am really nervous about what the vet might say regarding his progress. Please keep praying for him. We do not want him to suffer needlessly.

17. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Continued prayers for all of you. Please let us know how he is doing.

LynnR likes this.
  18. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    I also :prayer: that he continues to improve and that the Vet will have some answers for Rachel.

grandmatoall likes this.
  19. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    I truly hope that something can be done for him. Maybe he is so swollen inside that it will take time for his bladder and bowels to work properly.

grandmatoall likes this.
  20. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I pray this is so. Thinking of you today, Hugs.

LynnR likes this.