Please pray for Maggie

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
While I am happy that Maggie is healing nicely, I am sad to learn that she must have the other knee operated on in the near future. That poor girl!! A few of mine have luxating patellas, but it doesn't bother them. You can count on me to keep praying for Maggie to heal and for your needs to be met as you face this expense.

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie, Shayleigh
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
While I am happy that Maggie is healing nicely, I am sad to learn that she must have the other knee operated on in the near future. That poor girl!! A few of mine have luxating patellas, but it doesn't bother them. You can count on me to keep praying for Maggie to heal and for your needs to be met as you face this expense.
Susan I have insurance for Maggie now and I called first to make sure some of this surgery was covered. Maggie's Luxating patella is Stage 4 and the only option for her is surgery according to Dr. Rice. He also told me that because of the damage to her Left leg it will always be weak and in order to give her a life where she can actually walk and play again she needs the Right leg to be stronger and it isn't as bad as the left leg. I have been saving for several months for the part of this I will have to pay. I just want Maggie to have the best life ever.

• Love
Reactions: grandmatoall

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
You both have more to go through. I have faith in your ability to keep her quiet through it all. It will be hard, but you can do it. Hugs and prayers.

Reactions: LynnR

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I have a few with luxating patellas, too, but the vet says that they aren't bad enough to have to look at having surgery. I am praying that Maggie continues to heal well and that her next surgery will also be successful. She is a real courageous little girl!! You are a fantastic and supportive mommy!!

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
I have a few with luxating patellas, too, but the vet says that they aren't bad enough to have to look at having surgery. I am praying that Maggie continues to heal well and that her next surgery will also be successful. She is a real courageous little girl!! You are a fantastic and supportive mommy!!

For a long while Maggie's Luxating Patella was manageable too but it got worse and without the next surgery she will be lame. The right one isn't as bad though Dr. Rice just wants to make sure she doesn't ruin the Left one because of limping - so I'm scheduling it for either March or April so she will be able to enjoy her summer and have fun.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
I am scared that my Maggie has it too, neighbors dog came when Maggie was outside so she ran really fast along the Fence line before I could catch her, now she barley can put her left hind leg down. This is the 2nd time that happened. Thank goodness I had some pain pills here.She has a appointment with the Vet Monday morning.

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
I am scared that my Maggie has it too, neighbors dog came when Maggie was outside so she ran really fast along the Fence line before I could catch her, now she barley can put her left hind leg down. This is the 2nd time that happened. Thank goodness I had some pain pills here.She has a appointment with the Vet Monday morning.

If she does have it don't be afraid of the surgery. My Maggie's left knee was fused to the side and the Vet said he had to cut to release it. Maggie's right knee according to the X-Rays isn't as bad but in the X -Rays it shows she needs surgery for that too. The knee keeps popping out and when it does that all the time they need surgery. Have your Vet test her for Luxating Patella. My Maggie's left knee was so painful but she never complained. Good luck!

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
If she does have it don't be afraid of the surgery. My Maggie's left knee was fused to the side and the Vet said he had to cut to release it. Maggie's right knee according to the X-Rays isn't as bad but in the X -Rays it shows she needs surgery for that too. The knee keeps popping out and when it does that all the time they need surgery. Have your Vet test her for Luxating Patella. My Maggie's left knee was so painful but she never complained. Good luck!
Thanks Lynn, she started holding her other leg up yesterday, am afraid she has LP in both legs now...

• Sad

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Our dear Lexi has to get up slowly when the weather is chilly, as she has arthritis. This warm weather sure helps her most days! The vet says when she begins to suffer no matter what the weather, we can put her on something that will help. She is still very frisky and playful.