Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Travel Plans!

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
In just 10 days, my husband and I will be celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary! We will be driving our RV with all our puppies up to the Stephen Foster State Park (about 100 miles from our home) and spending three lovely days exploring the area. There is so much to see and experience! They have a treehouse park nearby and the Carillon Tower with a lovely bell that rings and gardens all around. There is also a butterfly park, a zoo, and an equestrian center where they give horse drawn carriage rides! Our daughter is planning our adventure for us and even found a café with a piano in it for us to have a very special lunch while she plays for us. The owners agreed to open it just for us, as they are not usually open at the time we wanted to come! The café is in a lovely Victorian home and should be very romantic. We invited my brother, who was my husband's best man in our wedding and his wife, to come with us. It will just be the five of us together, but we will have a ball!! They are also bringing their dogs (they have a labradoodle and a cockapoo). I am getting soooo excited!!

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Happy 50th Anniversary, a little early. You deserve a wonderful, fun filled trip. I am very excited for both of you. Love you both... and Rachel too.

Reactions: LynnR

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
As we left our home for our anniversary trip, I put a sign in the back window that said, "Just Married 50 Years and Still in Love!" A few cars honked and gave us the thumbs up for that and we loved it! Our children gifted us with dinner at Olive Garden, 50 golden and white balloons filled with helium, and a new Korean Historical drama to watch in the evenings. Rachel came with white Christmas lights to decorate our RV while we were camping, too!
We certainly did have a lovely time and the highlight was repeating our vows. My brother is a deacon of the Anglican Church, which uses the same prayer book used when my husband and I got married in the Episcopal church 50 years ago. He administered the vows for us and it was so touching, we all got tears in our eyes.
Other than eating out once a day, we stayed in our RVs and visited or walked the grounds. The park has a huge (tall!!) carillon tower that rang out Stephen Foster songs every hour with bells. It was lovely! We did take one trip to another area and saw a beautiful falls that looked like iced tea pouring over the edge of a cliff! Then we had a private tour of a tree house that Rachel had arranged. The old woman had it built for her grandchildren. It even had running water and bathroom facilities! It was amazing!
The worst part was the mosquitoes!! We quickly went to the store and purchased some repellent. We had brought some natural stuff to repel the buggers, but we needed some for our bodies, as well. Even so, before we could do that, we had dozens of bites!! I am glad our mosquitoes are not bad where we live! If you think about it, though, we were right next to the Suwanee River! Of course there are going to be mosquitoes....and alligators! Don't worry, we didn't see any alligators. Ha ha!
The puppies loved the daily walks in the new surroundings, except for Mozart. He doesn't have flea/tick/mosquito protection, as I was experimenting with trying to see if that is what is causing his skin outbreaks. He has gone this whole month without any, so I am suspicious. I am giving him the flea/tick control this July to see if he reacts, and then I will know what to tell the vet.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Thank you so much for sharing your life with us. I am crying tears of happiness from reading this. I think I needed this to help relieve some stress. Hugs and congratulations to you both. You are well loved.

• Love
Reactions: LynnR and KippersMa

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie, Shayleigh
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Yes, it's wonderful to read about all the wonderful things happening in your life - Susan. I hope you continue to have a wonderful adventure for the rest of your 50th Wedding Anniversary travels. You are loved by everyone! I love you too!

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Our children were very generous to us. Our oldest son had a special wall hanging made just for us, celebrating the 22 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren we have at this time and for 50 years of marriage. Our oldest daughter made beautiful corsages and boutonnieres and a bridal bouquet for us to wear on our anniversary. Since they are artificial flowers, I have them to always remember the special day. She also paid for a balloon bouquet of white and gold balloons! Our second son gave us a $100 gift certificate to use at Olive Garden, so we were able to pay for the meal for the five of us with that. Rachel, our baby in the family, organized the entire celebration. We are truly blessed.

Reactions: grandmatoall

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Our children were very generous to us. Our oldest son had a special wall hanging made just for us, celebrating the 22 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren we have at this time and for 50 years of marriage. Our oldest daughter made beautiful corsages and boutonnieres and a bridal bouquet for us to wear on our anniversary. Since they are artificial flowers, I have them to always remember the special day. She also paid for a balloon bouquet of white and gold balloons! Our second son gave us a $100 gift certificate to use at Olive Garden, so we were able to pay for the meal for the five of us with that. Rachel, our baby in the family, organized the entire celebration. We are truly blessed.
You are truly blessed and loved. And you both deserve it.

Reactions: KippersMa and LynnR