Well, this morning, after breakfast, I decided to boil a dozen eggs so we could have them for our breakfast or snack later. I filled the pan clear full of water and turned the stove on high....and promptly forgot I was even cooking anything. I went upstairs to my office and was working away when I heard a loud explosion! I called to my husband, who was in his office at the other end of the house, "Did you drop something?" He told me he had not, so I told him I would go see what the kittens had knocked over. Imagine my shock when I saw the smoking pan with three eggs that blew up and out of the pan, spreading egg everywhere! The other nine were burnt at the bottom of the pan. I took the pan outside and put it up on an old piece of plywood, thinking that would keep Lexi away from it. In just a couple of minutes, the plywood was smoking!!! I lifted the pan to see a nice round burned spot on the plywood. How absolutely stupid! My husband is not happy with me, as he is the one who gathers the eggs and washes them and I wasted his work. Don't worry, he will forgive me and we might even laugh about this later. Right now, the house smells awful and so do we, as our clothes have absorbed the horrible burned sulfur smell. The puppies were scared to death, as were the cats. I did notice a bit of egg and shell on the area rug, so one of them grabbed a piece of egg that flew out of the pan, but probably got burned. I don't see any signs of injury, however. New rule for this old lady: Never leave the kitchen if you are cooking something!