One of the dumbest things I have done!

Discussion in 'Partner Talk' started by KippersMa, Feb 9, 2018.

1. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Well, this morning, after breakfast, I decided to boil a dozen eggs so we could have them for our breakfast or snack later. I filled the pan clear full of water and turned the stove on high....and promptly forgot I was even cooking anything. I went upstairs to my office and was working away when I heard a loud explosion! I called to my husband, who was in his office at the other end of the house, "Did you drop something?" He told me he had not, so I told him I would go see what the kittens had knocked over. Imagine my shock when I saw the smoking pan with three eggs that blew up and out of the pan, spreading egg everywhere! The other nine were burnt at the bottom of the pan. I took the pan outside and put it up on an old piece of plywood, thinking that would keep Lexi away from it. In just a couple of minutes, the plywood was smoking!!! I lifted the pan to see a nice round burned spot on the plywood. How absolutely stupid! My husband is not happy with me, as he is the one who gathers the eggs and washes them and I wasted his work. Don't worry, he will forgive me and we might even laugh about this later. Right now, the house smells awful and so do we, as our clothes have absorbed the horrible burned sulfur smell. The puppies were scared to death, as were the cats. I did notice a bit of egg and shell on the area rug, so one of them grabbed a piece of egg that flew out of the pan, but probably got burned. I don't see any signs of injury, however. New rule for this old lady: Never leave the kitchen if you are cooking something!

grandmatoall and LynnR like this.
  2. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy. RIP Leo, TJ and Lilly

Poo:
    Poo:
    You are very talented in conveying your description of what happened. You should write. Although it was not funny when it happened to you this morning, the way you tell it is. I am glad none of the animals were physically hurt and nothing unrepairable happened to your house. PTL.

But, I did enjoy your story very much. I can imagine what the animals were thinking when the eggs started exploding. I can also imagine the stinky smell left behind. Hugs to you my friend. I hope you can get the smell out quickly. Open up the doors and windows and let the fresh air in. Love you.

KippersMa likes this.
  3. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Yes, we are shivering cold as we opened as many windows as we could. We can't open the doors unless we stand there, or the kittens will jump out. The house still smells, but not as bad. My granddaughter sold me some Sentsy wax melts, so I put fresh ones in the little lighted pots and hopefully, the house will soon smell like red velvet cake!

grandmatoall likes this.
  4. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Oh no...oops...i burned Eggs before so i know the smell.. hope you get it out of the House. Just glad that it did not do more damage. Big hugs

grandmatoall likes this.
  5. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am happy to report that there is no more burnt egg smell in the house. It helped that we replaced our upholstered recliners with a free double leather recliner we found on Craig's list. It was a bear to move off the trailer and up the steps into the house, but we did it! It was in perfect condition, but we ripped a small tear in one of the foot rests that comes up and the cup holder that was in the center console blew out without us knowing, so we lost that. Steven will cut a board to put in the hole and I will cover it with wood grained contact paper. I used dark brown duct tape to tape over the rip and it doesn't look so bad. We are just disappointed that we weren't more careful.

grandmatoall likes this.
  6. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am sorry you lost the cup holder. Can you make a cover for the foot rest? It sounds like a beautiful chair.

KippersMa likes this.
  7. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    We are going to make it be a platform, instead. That way, there is plenty of room for puppies to sit with us! Ha ha! They are very beautiful and we have been enjoying them after our long walks!

grandmatoall likes this.
  8. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    You have two? Awesome. How far have you gotten across China?

KippersMa likes this.
  9. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    It was a double recliner with a center console. Part of the console has a hinged lid so we can put our video remotes inside to keep the puppies from chewing them or knocking them off the table. The front part was where the cupholders were. They are soooo comfortable--not too squishy so you sink into them, which makes it easier to stand up when you are done sitting.
    We have made quite a distance across China, having started in Bejing. We made it to Jining, a distance of 123.93 miles. Steven and I contributed 82.75 of those miles and the other four participants contributed the 41.18 miles. Our goal is Hong Kong, so we are traveling south from Bejing. There is a zoo at our next stop and I am excited to "see" the pandas! Our next goal is a little over 101 miles, to Huibei. We are really having fun with this. It helps the boredom of just walking and turns it into something extra to work towards! Especially because there are six of us participating, so it is a little competetive (in a very sweet way), too!

10. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I love it! What a fun way to get inspired to walk. Great job.

We have a double recliner too. It is comfortable and the foot rests are used a lot. Both of our rockers have foot rests too. So no matter where we sit, we can put our feet up. The kids love that when they come over to visit. LOL.

KippersMa likes this.