Once again

Discussion in 'Partner Talk' started by grandmatoall, May 3, 2018.

1. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy. RIP Leo, TJ and Lilly

Poo:
    Poo:
    I went to the spine institute yesterday. The dr I saw last time has moved on.. so I saw a very nice young guy. He checked my MRI from last fall. He said he was amazed I had lasted this long without coming back in. 4 bulging discs, more arthritis all along my back, degeneration between the discs and there is very little space at all on the bottom one, before the tailbone.

I need to have the shots in my back again. They are doing 3 levels on both sides. I am not sure when that will be. The insurance needs to ok it, then they schedule the procedure. It shouldn't take long. If that shows that it helped, he said they would get me back in and burn the nerves.

In the mean time, I am supposed to use my walker. I really hate to. Shannon told me they have been doing surgeries on older people who have fallen and broken their wrists, arms, shoulders and hips. I was being stupid and stubborn for not using it. It has a nice seat on it and I can sit when I need to rest. The oxygen tank is too heavy for me to be carrying around and it is irritating my back and throwing my balance off.... which is causing pain in my right knee again. It has been bone on bone for over 17 years, but I keep getting by.

2. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Bobbi, I have been praying that you would get some relief. Please do what you need to do to make that happen. I will pray that your insurance will quickly approve the plan so you can get on with it and start to feel better.

grandmatoall likes this.
  3. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Thank you so much. Hugs my friend. I need to get this weight off. I know it is making everything worse. So, I have been going to the rec center and doing what I can. It helps. And I know it will all work out. I believe.

4. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    Awe, Bobbi I am sorry you are in so much pain and hope they can do something for you real soon!

grandmatoall likes this.
  5. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Bobbi, I know what extra weight can cause--it doesn't take much excess to create havoc with our bodies. Nevertheless, you are loved just the way you are. We just want you to be pain free, as much as possible.

grandmatoall likes this.
  6. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Oh Bobbi, i am so sorry to hear you having so many problems and pain. My first 4 above the tailbone are that way and know how painful it is. Last i checked i would have to pay like $300 for each injection out of my pocket, on top of that my Pain Dr had Blood Cancer and is recovering. So i am on Pain pills that are not helping a whole lot. Using on top of that sometimes Icy Hot Patches that help . I know what you mean about needing to lose weight as it makes it worse... Hope your Insurance will approve so you can get the injections :hugs:

grandmatoall and LynnR like this.
  7. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Thank you everyone. Prayers work and I appreciate you all so much.

I will keep you informed as things go along. The Lord is in charge and I know things will work out just as they are supposed to. :prayer:

I need to do my part and loose this weight. I should lose about 100 lbs. It will take a life change. Keeping up my exercising will help a lot. Judy and I have been going 3 times a week again. It helps.

LynnR likes this.
  8. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Hope you feel better soon Bobbi. Not easy loosing weight when you get older huh ?

LynnR and grandmatoall like this.
  9. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    No, it isn't. I am 69 and will be 70 in October. Some of the numerous meds I take had the side effect of helping you gain weight. So,, I need to be extra active and I don't move as much as I need to.

I am feeling a bit better today. The antibiotics I am on for an infected tooth have started to kick in. I have a root canal on Thursday. What fun. But that tooth will feel much better and I am glad of that.

We have been doing some yard work today. I mean to say, Marlin has been trying to get my riding lawn mower started. It has been having some issues and he hopes he can fix them. I finally got the weed eater fixed so it works. I doubt I can do much at a time, but I am going to drag my lawn chair around with me, so I can sit and rest.

Marlin has been having some health issued too. We are quite the pair. He works so hard. I have to get fixed up so I can get back in there and help too.

LynnR likes this.
  10. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    You are both so amazing with what you still do! Take care so that you don't have any set backs.

11. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    I feel for you, i am 68 and my body is so beat up when i do something i have to rest next day cause back aches. My 88 yr 89 on the 25th still works outside and in Garden. 5 acres are just too much work, i begged her to sell but she just wanted to live her life out here, so what can you say...
    Glad the meds kicking in, nothing worse then a Toothache...
    Hope martin feels better too :hugs:

12. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Tooth aches are miserable. Root canals are not easy to endure, either. I hope and pray that you and Marlin can get some relief and some help so that you don't further hurt your progress. I am almost 66, but I already have been noticing that my stamina isn't what it used to be. I mowed for hours without stopping except to refill the lawn mower and it was a push type mower. We have about three acres and lots of grass, small rolling hills, etc. It caused my lymph nodes under my left arm to swell and I had to have a mammogram and ultrasound to make sure it wasn't breast cancer! It took months to go away and now I don't want to mow anymore. We have a developmentally disabled young adult man who does it for us when he comes to do janitorial work at our business and he does a wonderful job.

13. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    We got a new belt for the rider mower, charged and cleaned the battery and put the new belt on. It started to work. We have a tire that needs to be replaced. It won't stay up for 2 laps around the yard. Hopefully we can get one tomorrow.

It rained while we were in Boise and Meridian. We tried to mow a bit with it.... but the grass is too tall and too wet. So we will try again tomorrow after things dry out.

The main thing is ... the rider is ... kind of... sort of ... running again. Yippee.

LynnR likes this.
  14. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    haha, we bought a John Deere about 9-10 yrs ago and we have it servesd every 2nd yr, before Spring they come and get it and bring it back as we can't deal with it if it breaks down... Hope yours holds up for ya

15. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Marlin needs to take the front tire off and go get a new one. Then I think I will be mobile again. I love driving my tractor around and mowing the grass. I am looking forward to it.

LynnR likes this.
  16. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    I have someone to do my grass.

grandmatoall likes this.
  17. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Due to my bad sight Mom claimed i keep going over the same spots haha, our grass is not exactly even here.

grandmatoall likes this.
  18. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Lucky you. I have thought about paying someone to mow, but finances are a worry and I do enjoy mowing mine with the rider. It is fun.... and I love how nice it looks when it is done. Roxy always wants to ride along for a couple of rounds, then she is done and goes back into the house with Marlin. LOL

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    LynnR likes this.
  19. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    If you go over them a couple of times, then you know it is well cut. LOL. I imagine your lawn looks just fine. Good for you for mowing it. It is good exercise. I get mine in jumping off and on the mower to change bags and move the hoses. :mow:

LynnR likes this.
  20. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I survived my root canal this morning.:doc: I am starting to get the feeling back and I have an ear ache from it. It will get better. At least it is over. :dryer: Now for getting the laundry done. :laundry: