Need prayers

Discussion in 'Partner Talk' started by grandmatoall, Mar 11, 2018.

1. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy. RIP Leo, TJ and Lilly

Poo:
    Poo:
    We went out to the theater last night after dinner. My wallet is missing. It was in my purse because I used things out of there for our tickets. I didn't notice it wasn't there until this afternoon. I went back there and no one has turned it in. There is a movie in progress so they could not go in and look really well. They will do it at 7:00 and call me to let me know if they found it. It doesn't sound good.

All of my cards, medical info, insurance, checks, etc plus cash is in there. What a mess.

Please pray for it to be found. Thank you so much.

2. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am praying that the wallet will be found and returned intact to you, Bobbi. This is always upsetting.

grandmatoall likes this.
  3. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    Oh, no, Bobbi, I'm so, so sorry you lost your wallet. I will :prayer: that they find it and it is returned to you.

4. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    They checked and it was taken and not turned in. So, I spent last evening cancelling cards. I am going in to cancel my checking account and get a new number. It is going to take several days to contact all the places we do business with and get those numbers changed as well.
    plus getting new ID. My drivers license, medical cards, etc.
    And I have to have my SS check sent to my new account. I have 2 weeks before it comes so that will be ok. Plus my retirement check changed to the new account too.

It is a mess, but I can do it. One day at a time and one account at a time.

They could have just taken the money and left the rest. That would have been nice. Oh well. We live and learn.

5. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    Oh, Bobbi I am so, so sorry about this! :b0703: What a thing to happen. I was hoping that they would find it and you would get everything back. I had to do the same thing a few years ago. I took the dogs for a walk and left my purse in the back of my friends car, so did she we both lost our purses and had to change everything. It's was like a nightmare, but we lived through it and learned from it. I wish we were closer so I could give you a big, big :hugs:

grandmatoall likes this.
  6. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Thank you, I needed one. Hugs right back. :hugs:

LynnR likes this.
  7. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am sorry to hear that someone was so dishonest. I am praying that the process you must go through now will be as smooth as possible. Especially regarding the SS payments. I have not found them easy to work with, at all, but perhaps your bank can be on the lookout for that payment and make sure it is immediately transferred to your new account, just in case? I am not sure they are allowed to do that. It took us three months to get Medicare to take out the money for our medical from our new bank account. It bounced in the old account, costing us $$. I was irritated, but it was my fault for not making sure the payments were going to be taken out of our new account first.

LynnR likes this.
  8. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I just got back from the bank. They are going to be sure my SS and Teamsters checks are routed to the new account. She said sometimes it can take SS a month to get things transferred to the new account number.

It was a LOT of paperwork but it will be worth it.
    I am staying relatively calm through all of this. Which is good. Thank you for the prayers. They work.

Tomorrow morning Marlin will take me to get my drivers license replaced.

LynnR likes this.
  9. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am so sorry Bobby, that is my worse nightmare...i hope you can get it all squared away.I bet it will be quiet a pain for you and Merlin, my heart goes out to both of you :hugs:

LynnR and grandmatoall like this.
  10. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:

:hugs:Thank you so much.

LynnR likes this.
  11. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am so glad to hear that your bank will work with you to make sure there are no delays in getting your SS check! Just the same, something like this makes a person feel so violated. We had several checks stolen from our mailbox years ago. We had to close all our accounts and get flags and security codes on all of our accounts, but in all these years, nothing ever came of it. Our bank told us never to put our physical address or phone number on our checks, yet most places would not accept a check without it! They said it would make it harder for identity thieves to do anything with the information. At the time, our bank used our social security numbers as our bank accounts! After we had this happen, they immediately switched to random numbers. It was pretty stressful for awhile.

grandmatoall and LynnR like this.
  12. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    It sure is stressful. I am slowly getting things set right. Marlin took me to the drivers license bureau this morning and I got a replacement one. Since my license expires in October, I had the chance to go ahead and renew it now. Because they are going to start putting a star on the licenses, so you can board a plane or enter a government office in the near future, we decided to wait. You have to have your social security card, birth certificate, picture ID, and a couple of other documents to verify your residence. I didn't have those with me. We both have to do that before our birthdays in October.

13. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    It is very stressful. I am glad you got through it. I have been lucky and nothing has been charged on any of my accounts. They probably just took the money and threw the wallet away.

14. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Gosh Bobbi,Syl took me to a Movie this afternoon and i thought of what you went through and clutched my purse tight...i did something similar a couple of weeks ago. I had to go to my Local Pharmacy and i did not take my purse just my wallet and i had it in my Vest pocket. well couple days later i needed my wallet and i could not find it anywhere..i turned my Truck upside down it was nowhere to be found...i panicked, called Pharmacy and was getting ready to call Bank when i forced myself to think...when i got home i took my Vest off and hug it up on Coat hanger, so i looked there and in the chair next to it and lo and behold there it was...finally my knees quite shaking, so i can imaging how you felt....i am so sorry

grandmatoall and LynnR like this.
  15. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Thank you. How scary for you.

LynnR likes this.