My sister Pat

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
The doctor was there to see Pat the other day and took her off all medication. Pat is having trouble swallowing and her breathing is very, very shallow. Pat has also stopped eating, so it's just a matter of time. Eunice and I had a birthday party for Pat yesterday as today is her actual birthday, but she wasn't aware and is very, very weak. She no longer communicates and can't even answer questions anymore. My poor, sweet sister. Please :prayer: that she isn't suffering. In only one year, especially since her accident on Dec. 28th she has really gone down a lot. Yesterday she wasn't aware of very much and the party only lasted an hour and we took her back to her room to go back to bed. We did get to take her out into the gardens for a bit of fresh air. Right now I am :prayer: for a pain-free passing for her, and for her sake and mine I hope it won't be too long.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
​Oh Lynn, i don't know what to say..i am so sorry, i too pray she passes quietly in her sleep for your sake and hers although sounds like she is unaware of what is going on, i bet she just wants to go Home. I am sure it is much harder on you then Pat. Sending :prayer: and :blowkiss:

pawbaby

Aug 29, 2008
Lynn, I hope and pray that Pat passes peacefully and that she's not in any pain or discomfort. Will keep her and you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry and know how difficult this is on you. :hugs:

Rocksu

Partners Plus
Jan 22, 2016
I am so sorry... Don't know what to say.Sending you and Pat :prayer:. . Hope she passes peacefully.

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
My sister is about the same. They have a machine in her room to remove food from her mouth & throat as she is having trouble swallowing. It was so hot here today so I put a cold cloth on her head after asking the nurse and she said I could cool her hands too, so I did. This is the sad part of Alzheimer's in the advanced stage. I went through this with my mom so know a little of what to expect. It's hard to watch someone you love go through this. It was a hard day I'm having a little :drink: tonight.

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
It won't be long now, my sister can no longer swallow at all so hasn't eaten in days. Yesterday I was there early in the morning, came home for lunch and to let the girls out then went back until 3:00 pm then back after dinner until 7:00 pm, she was sleeping comfortably when I left. I read to her and hold her hand. I want to be with her as much as I can. She is not in any pain as she is on strong medication and pain meds too - she sleeps a lot, hasn't talked in days and very rarely opens her eyes. When she passes I am going to Victoria, B.C where we will have a party with her friends( at Pat's request) and a light service, then spread her ashes over the Pacific Ocean. I'm holding up ok, but am very sad and can't believe this is all happening so fast and that I am losing my beautiful sister & friend. Please :prayer: for both of us.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Lynn i am glad she is not in any pain and hope she passes peacefully. You did everything possible for your Sister Pat. You fought so hard to move her to be near you and was able to make those last few years wonderful. You made her so happy i am sure and she knew it ! Hang in there my Friend and be strong. Praying for both of you !:prayer::hugs:

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Candy is right. You have done all you can for her. I know how much you love her and she loves you. Prayers for both of you.

pawbaby

Aug 29, 2008
My sister is about the same. They have a machine in her room to remove food from her mouth & throat as she is having trouble swallowing. It was so hot here today so I put a cold cloth on her head after asking the nurse and she said I could cool her hands too, so I did. This is the sad part of Alzheimer's in the advanced stage. I went through this with my mom so know a little of what to expect. It's hard to watch someone you love go through this. It was a hard day I'm having a little :drink: tonight.
Thank you so much for update Lynn. I sure hope Green Home has air conditioning or that would be too stressful for the residents of the nursing home and staff too. I'm pretty sure the machine that's in Pat's room is a suction machine that is standard for anyone that is choking to that the staff can suction to open the airways.

I hope you're doing okay and have been thinking about you and praying for both Pat and you too! :hugs:

pawbaby

Aug 29, 2008
It won't be long now, my sister can no longer swallow at all so hasn't eaten in days. Yesterday I was there early in the morning, came home for lunch and to let the girls out then went back until 3:00 pm then back after dinner until 7:00 pm, she was sleeping comfortably when I left. I read to her and hold her hand. I want to be with her as much as I can. She is not in any pain as she is on strong medication and pain meds too - she sleeps a lot, hasn't talked in days and very rarely opens her eyes. When she passes I am going to Victoria, B.C where we will have a party with her friends( at Pat's request) and a light service, then spread her ashes over the Pacific Ocean. I'm holding up ok, but am very sad and can't believe this is all happening so fast and that I am losing my beautiful sister & friend. Please :prayer: for both of us.
Somehow I missed your post yesterday Lynn. It's good that Pat isn't in pain and I hope she passes peacefully. I know how hard this is on you, please take care of yourself too! I agree with everyone that you've done all you can for Pat over the past years. Continued prayers for Pat and for you too!

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Yes, Cory Green Home has Air Conditioning and last night when I left Pat was very peaceful and resting comfortably. I am up early as I am picking up Breakfast and coffee and heading to Green Home for 7:00 AM. I feel much better being there with her. I will stay until lunch and then after lunch go back with Maggie. There is a lady from Hospice that comes in at 4:00 pm and I'll go home and have some dinner, walk the dogs and go back. I usually only stay an hour from 6:00 until 7:00 PM.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and :prayer:

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
My beautiful sister Pat passed away holding my hand at 6:30 am this morning. I am staying with friends tonight, I just wanted all of you to know about it. She fought so long and hard with Alzheimer's and I think you all know that when she broke her hip it was down hill from there. Please :prayer: for me because I am going to miss her terribly. Even with Alzheimer's, she was a joy to be with and I loved her so, so much and have some beautiful memories.

pawbaby

Aug 29, 2008
Thanks Lynn for letting everyone know. I'm glad Pat's at peace now but also realize how difficult this was for you and how much you'll miss her.

Sending you love and hugs, Lynn. :flower::hugs:

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Lynn, i am so sorry for your loss, i know how much you loved Pat, and she knew it too, don't ever forget that ! No one could of taken care of her better then you. She is in a better place now and is with your Mom ! Glad you staying with Friends tonight, take care my Friend:prayer::hugs: