My cousin Marlene

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
My cousin Marlene fell the other night and is in the hospital and not expected to live. The fall caused a Brain bleed and she is in a comma and according to her daughter is not expected to live through the day.

Please :prayer: for her, she is such a beautiful person. Marlene lives in Ontario and I haven't been there in years, but I have always kept in touch with her. Marlene has 4 children and lots of grand children. I am very, very sad about this, but don't want her to suffer.

pawbaby

Aug 29, 2008
I'm so very sorry to hear about your cousin Marlene and will be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. :prayer: I sure hope she won't suffer and am so sorry that this happened.

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
My cousin Frank emailed me yesterday afternoon. Marlene's family are keeping vigil at the hospital. Marlene is not in any pain and is getting weaker - she is not conscious at all - so it's just a matter of time. Marlene is about 20 years older than me and is my oldest cousin. When Pat & I were growing up, Marlene used to babysit us and I remember how much fun she was, she was my babysitter from the time I was just a little baby and Pat was 5 years old - she is a beautiful and very religious person, kind and loving. I've kept in touch with her through the years with email and sending cards for all the holidays. She kept in touch with me while I was caring for my sister Pat and was a big, big help with her support and prayers. I know that Marlene has been having a hard time lately as her husband Ed was just diagnosed with Alzheimer's and they just moved to a Seniors Assisted Living complex because it was difficult for her to take care of him on her own. I know that God will welcome her into His loving hands. :prayer: & lots of love Marlene.

pawbaby

Aug 29, 2008
I'm so sorry for your loss Lynn. It was good to hear that the doctor said Marlene did not appear to be in any pain. It's good you have good memories of her from your childhood. She sounded like a wonderful person. Sending you love and hugs. :hugs:

pawbaby

Aug 29, 2008
They both look like such a lovely couple Lynn. I'm so sorry you're sad and can sure understand how much you'll miss Marlene. Do they have any other relatives out east in Ontario that will be able to visit Edwin in the nursing home?

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
They both look like such a lovely couple Lynn. I'm so sorry you're sad and can sure understand how much you'll miss Marlene. Do they have any other relatives out east in Ontario that will be able to visit Edwin in the nursing home?
Yes, Cory they have several children, grand children & great grand children all in Ontario and near Fort Erie where Edwin lives.