My Babies. What a blessing they are.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
We are so blessed with our babies.

Sandy has been such a special part of our lives for 15 years now. She was born 9-15-2004. We love this little girl to the moon and back. She started our love for Yorkies. She has helped me through some trying health issues. She is always there with love and understanding. Our constant, loving little girl.

We adopted Roxy in 2013. She was a year old when we found her. Roxy was supposed to be mine... to help fill the hole in my heart left when we lost TJ. But she had other ideas. She was meant to be Marlins special girl. She loves me too, but she her heart lies with my wonderful husband. She was born 9-27-2012 and just turned 7 a couple of weeks ago.

Tommy was born 11-?-2005. He will be 14 next month. We adopted him a couple of months ago. He filled the hole in my heart left from losing my boys, TJ and Leo. I didn't know I needed him as much as I do. And he sure needed me. I am his person. So much love wrapped up in my 13 lb boy. He is beautiful through and through.

Not everyone knows the wonder we feel from our 3 little blessings. They are full of so much love and they willingly share that love with us each and every day.

Reactions: LynnR

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
awe what a beautiful thing to say about your Babies.
I miss my Rosi &Apollo so much, but Maggie certainly filled my Hole in my Heart. She is my little Shadow and cries like a Coyote when i leave the House which is not very often. We love each other so much. She really needed a Brother or Sister, but my Mom would kill me...she goes crazy when Syl and Twix come over which should be anytime !

Reactions: grandmatoall

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Yorkies know how to wiggle right into your heart and stay there. I am thankful your Maggie is such a wonderful little girl.

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie, Shayleigh
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
You're right about that, Bobbi! I love mine so, so much. I am blessed with Benji, Calleigh, Maggie and wee Shayleigh. They fill my life with joy and love.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Tommy was born 11-?-2005. He will be 14 next month.
:whoa:I don't know where my brain was.... Tommy will be 11 next month. He was born in 2008. He is 10 now and weighs 13 lbs. I think that is where I messed up. Sigh.....
Anyway.... He will be 11 next month. They didn't know the date... so I will give him one. How about 11-15-2008. :lightbulb: That sounds like a good one. :agree:

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I love this thread!! Just a day or so ago, I was watching the videos I posted on my KippersMa YouTube channel. LingLing was playing with tiny JinJu and I was so happy they were getting along so well. That very week, LingLing died after a sudden and severe case of gastroenteritis, caused from clostridium bacteria that her little immune system could not fight. I cried again at the loss of my sweet LingLing. She was only 3 years old when she died. I also saw my beautiful American Bobtail cat, Gongjunim, who also lost her life at just a year old when she went outside for the first time in our fenced back yard and was taken by a large owl.These precious ones stay in our hearts forever!! This past year, we lost our Buddy. He was 14 years old and just couldn't hang on a bit longer. We still miss our gorgeous boy. There were videos of him, as well.
We are blessed with those we still have with us. Lexi, who will be 11 years old in February, was adopted by us when she was a year old. She helped us on our little farm at the time, keeping coyotes away from our sheep and poultry. Next in age, is Lily, who will soon be 9 years old. We adopted her on July 16, 2016 from her previous family due to the owner dying of cancer. She came full of awful conditions, allergies, etc. But she is playful and energetic today, thanks to the help from a wonderful vet here in Florida who finally addressed her ongoing ear problems and got her on the right regimen. Kipper turned 7 this past March and was our introduction to Yorkies! He is a love bug who smiles when we come home after being gone and who restores law and order in the house full of puppies and one large cat! I can put his carrying bag on the floor and he will jump right in, because he loves to go with us where ever we go! We can always depend on him to be quiet in his bag (it looks like a large lady's purse with vents so he can breath and see out, of course!). LingLing would have come into the picture next...Mozart was 7 in May. We adopted him when he was 11 months old, unneutered, no clipped tail, and shaved completely. His previous owner was a 6 year old boy who wanted Christmas gifts rather than the puppy his father had given him. The father was killed in an accident and the mother told him it was the dog or Christmas. He chose. I am so glad we saved little Mozart! He has terrible allergies to chicken and beef, but since we got him on a lamb diet, his hair has grown back, the sores are mostly gone on his skin (he keeps stealing cat food, so we finally switched the cat to an all fish diet!) and he is neutered (he marked every corner of our house and humped all the others before we got him neutered!). He loves to be cuddled all the time. He rarely plays, but sometimes I can engage him and you can see his precious little spirit come alive! Our sweet JinJu turned 5 years old in June. She is tiny but has a huge attitude, especially when Nabi comes near. Nabi has learned to put JinJu in her place, but it doesn't seem to deter JinJu from getting after her the next time she comes around. We adopted JinJu as a 10 week old baby. She was the runt of the litter. She came from the same breeder that we bought Kipper from. Next came Nabi, who just turned 4 years old in April. She was my most difficult of all the yorkies. She was extremely hyper and was not housetrained at all! She could jump so high and would potty on the backs of the couches or recliner chairs--she just plain didn't care where she went. She wanted to play 24/7 and she wouldn't come when she was called. Rachel was living at home at the time and saved us by teaching Nabi (who is extremely smart!) to roll over and play dead when someone says, "POW!" We could then go and pick her up. Now, she is the sweetest, most playful of our pups and definitely comes when she is called in a normal way. She is the largest of our full bred Yorkies, at almost 8 pounds (JinJu is smallest at almost 3#, then Mozart at 4#, Kipper at 5#, Lily at 7#). At last we come to Omari (his name means thriving and flourishing in Arabic), who just turned 3 in October. I bought him from some people who had been sold him as a purebred Yorkie. He definitely is not! The vet thinks he is part shih Tzu and his mother was a yorkie. Omari is the largest of the dogs. He weighs 10#. We adopted him at what we were told was 8 weeks old, but he had no teeth and was less than a pound. I just wanted to make sure he was going to survive and he was CUTE!! The vet we took him to right away said that she thought he was only 6 weeks old at the most. Nevertheless, we never had a single issue getting him to eat the dry kibble puppy food and he has no health problems at all. He loves to give licks of love (we are teaching him to stop), he obeys very well and was super easy to housetrain!
So each of my babies hold a very precious spot in my heart and I couldn't bear to part with any one of them, although I will admit that there were times when we were adjusting that I considered it! I am working now to encourage my sister-in-law to keep working with her yorkie puppy (9 months old now) and not to give up. It is hard to remember how much work a puppy can bring into your life, but it is more than worth the effort!! Please pray that she can have patience and get through this time without giving up her Molly.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I have been praying that your sister-in-law will decide to keep Molly. Yes, they are a lot of work at that age... but it is worth it! Hopefully she will give Molly a chance and keep on loving her. :prayer::prayer::prayer:

• Love
Reactions: LynnR and KippersMa

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I have been praying that your sister-in-law will decide to keep Molly. Yes, they are a lot of work at that age... but it is worth it! Hopefully she will give Molly a chance and keep on loving her. :prayer::prayer::prayer:
Thank you! I am also praying that I won't feel like I need to rescue Molly. She is adorable and just like Nabi was at that same age. I know she can change, but it takes a huge effort to help the dog overcome their previous neglect and/or abuse. Her little Molly runs away every chance she gets. I told her to always have her on a leash when she is outside, but she doesn't like that idea. I feel more sorry for the dog because she has already endured so much and I hate to see her going through anymore upset in her young little life.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Thank you! I am also praying that I won't feel like I need to rescue Molly. She is adorable and just like Nabi was at that same age. I know she can change, but it takes a huge effort to help the dog overcome their previous neglect and/or abuse. Her little Molly runs away every chance she gets. I told her to always have her on a leash when she is outside, but she doesn't like that idea. I feel more sorry for the dog because she has already endured so much and I hate to see her going through anymore upset in her young little life.
I hope everything works out for Molly. She deserves a good home and a chance at a normal life. It does take a lot of work to undo the abuse they have been through before. It takes some time... but the rewards are well worth the efforts. We are working with Tommy also. He is such a loving little thing. He makes my heart smile.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Sure hope it works out for Molly, will pray for her. Sounds a lot like Maggie when she came here, took a long time before we could pick her up, she has a tendency to go to a corner and starts spinning then giving up.She has the total need to protect me, if Mom comes in the room and has something in her Hand she goes berserk , and she loves my Mom..she loves Syl too but hates my Son, she growls and snarled at him...no idea why. But she is getting better each day.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
she loves my Mom..she loves Syl too but hates my Son, she growls and snarled at him...no idea why. But she is getting better each day.
It could be she was mistreated by a male that looks like your son. You never know what she may have been through before you got her.

She will eventually learn your son is a good guy. It takes time.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
That could be,her owner/handler is Mexican anomy kids and i are dark skinned and brown eyed.Maybe that is why i have a hard time teaching her to sit and stuff. He was training her.
We love each other to pieces.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
So far, Molly is still getting love and attention, even if she makes it pretty difficult. My brother loves her and told me he would not let her go. I will be grooming her again for them in a few days.