More Snow

Discussion in 'YP Reflections' started by Candy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Got lots of problems here Syl is stuck in Town and Doug been stuck near his Work at his GF Hose and slipped and either sprained his ankle, don't know anything more until ehe is able to go to ER...And got Wood to get and snow to shovel with my sprained ankle that i got when i tripped over Apollo with Rosi in my arm...fun,fun.. anyways here are a couple of pics, have a video too but have to get my stuff done[​IMG]
    Sorry forgot to resize

grandmatoall likes this.
  2. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    I sure do love the snow! Your place looks like ours does (at least 6 inches still on the ground) and it is snowing again tonight, with more in the forecast for the entire weekend. It made us change plans about driving south to Estacada, OR to visit our oldest daughter and her family! We will stick close to home and just enjoy the lovely quietness that snow brings. I am so sorry about all you and your family's injuries while slipping! It is a very treacherous time, since the temperatures have been so cold and while the snow may melt a little in the daytime, it causes ice to form!

grandmatoall likes this.
  3. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy. RIP Leo, TJ and Lilly

Poo:
    Poo:
    I love the big picture. Very beautiful. Sorry your family members are hurt or stuck. We are having the coldest temperatures of the winter the last few days. We have had a few snow flurries but nothing is sticking in Nampa. More snow expected over the weekend. I have no idea if any of it will stick here but all around us, it is. We need it in the mountains so water won't be a problem this summer.

4. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    Beautiful picture, Candy, sorry about the health problems, hope you stay safe this weekend. Yes, it's really cold here too. Last week I thought Spring was coming it was so sunny and warm! We have some snow too, but not in the last day, just on the weekend last week. The weather is up and down like a Yo Yo!

grandmatoall likes this.
  5. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Got some more last night and this Morning and more coming over the next few days and very cold
    Syl made it out and Doug did break his ankle, he is going to try to make it home later which i am sure going to be fun as he drives a sporty car and its a manual Transmission and nobody knows how to use a clutch besides me and no way can i drive it back from Portland with my eyesight..

grandmatoall likes this.
  6. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    We woke up to snow on the ground. I picked up Judy and drove to Middleton to get our nails done. We joined up with Pat later and went to see a movie... 15:17 to Paris. It was good. Most of the snow on the roads and sidewalks was melting off by the time we finished up. More snow on the way through the weekend.

7. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    It was 17 this morning here :cold: Sun is shining bright and snow is blinding. Hope it warms up soon...

grandmatoall likes this.
  8. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    We haven't had snow for a few days, but it sure is cold.

grandmatoall likes this.
  9. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Today was beautiful. Lots of beautiful sunshine. It was great until I got out in it.. LOL. The breeze is extremely cold. Brrrr.

10. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    That is about the only thing we have not had is Wind, it suppose to turn into Rain today and a but warmer

grandmatoall likes this.
  11. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Same for us, but we have had snow storms all morning! It will probably turn to rain here pretty soon.

grandmatoall likes this.
  12. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I was visiting with friends yesterday. During the snow storm, there was thunder. I have never heard thunder during a snow storm before. It was really coming down and the boomers just kept rolling. We opened up the blinds so we could watch it.

13. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Years ago, we had a thunder and lightning snow storm and some children were struck by the lightning as they sledged down the hill close to our house. It was awful!

grandmatoall likes this.
  14. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    How scary that would be! The one that hit yesterday was scary enough for me. It is snowing again now...but I don't see any more black clouds coming in it.

15. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    It turned to Rain here, they said we may get Flurries tonight but nothing that is going to stick..so they say. Never heard Thunder and Lightning either in the Winter time:thinking:

grandmatoall likes this.
  16. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    I think it is pretty rare to have thunder and lightning during a snow storm, but it does happen. The children who were struck near us lost their lives because of it. It was very sad and totally unexpected.

17. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Oh no! How sad. Marlins uncle was struck by lightning during a rodeo. His aunt was badly burned and he was killed. Several others were thrown to the ground.

18. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    How awful !

19. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    We had another four inches of snow last night. It really created havoc with our employees trying to get to work this morning. Lots of cars in the ditch. It is the kind of snow that is very slippery and wet. The very cold dry stuff is easier to handle in a car, according to our son, who travels across the pass every day to come to work. The sun is out now and I expect the snow will begin to melt. The road looks clear and traffic is moving swiftly on it, so that is a pretty good indication that it is no longer slippery. This morning, they were going at a snail's pace! I love the snow, but I sure do worry about those who must travel in it! I am so sorry that Marlin's uncle was killed by that lightning strike and that his aunt was burned. How horrific that must have been. I stay inside when it is like that outside, but we don't get too many thunderstorms in our area like back in the Midwest or South.

20. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    We don't usually get them often, either. And usually not severe ones.
    Marlin's uncle passed over 25 years ago. He was a very nice guy. They were at a rodeo in Wyoming and the sky was clear. That is what surprised everyone.