Mommy made yummy treats...

LuvMyMnMs

Featured Seller
Aug 25, 2011
Eastern Shore
With Maggie and Mona having so many allergies and with all the treats recalls lately I thought of an easy and healthy treat recipe for the M&Ms:

Mix yoghurt, mashed potatos flakes, a tiny bit of garlic and some fish oil to a very tough dough, spread it about 1/2 inch thick on a cookie sheet,
make dividing lines every 1 inch down and across with the dull side of a knife and bake it for 1 hour at 350F.

The M&Ms are fighting over it...

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Regular Yogurt or flavored ? Might have to try that when i am over this stinking cold ! They like it that much ??? Sonja you should put it in the Recipe section under Treats, or you want me to ???

sherrijm

Partners Plus
Feb 1, 2012
NB Canada
I am for sure going to try this too , thanks for sharing with us. I wonder how long they will keep and if it would be okay to freeze them too.

LuvMyMnMs

Featured Seller
Aug 25, 2011
Eastern Shore
I made them just yesterday and don't know yet how long they will keep. For now I put them in a tin box for cookies. DH said not to worry... they would not last long anyway... :eat: Oh... and he likes them too so I have to hide them from him... :drflao:

Rudys Mom

Partners Plus
Nov 6, 2009
Lancaster, PA
What a good momma you are Sonja to all your M's for making them homemade dog treats. What kind of Fish Oil did you use??? The kind they sell in the dog food stores for dogs??? I don't ever hardly bake and I don't have any Fish Oil here. I'm sure all the M's can't wait for their next treat from that batch.

P.S: Did Mike ask the M's is he could have some of their treats before he ate one??? :roflma:

LuvMyMnMs

Featured Seller
Aug 25, 2011
Eastern Shore
What a good momma you are Sonja to all your M's for making them homemade dog treats. What kind of Fish Oil did you use??? The kind they sell in the dog food stores for dogs??? I don't ever hardly bake and I don't have any Fish Oil here. I'm sure all the M's can't wait for their next treat from that batch.

P.S: Did Mike ask the M's is he could have some of their treats before he ate one??? :roflma:
Well of course he did ask... can you imagine what Mikki would do to him otherwise??? :drflao:

I just used dome of the fish oil capsules we have as a supplement but I won't use it again next time... Mike doesn't like the taste the second day around... :wink:

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Well of course he did ask... can you imagine what Mikki would do to him otherwise??? :drflao:

I just used dome of the fish oil capsules we have as a supplement but I won't use it again next time... Mike doesn't like the taste the second day around... :wink:
Well now you know what keeps Mike away from them, do you really wanna keep the Fish oil out ??? :roflma:

LuvMyMnMs

Featured Seller
Aug 25, 2011
Eastern Shore
Sonja want to make them today or tomorrow...equal amount of yogurt as mashed potatoes ??
I'm using as much potato flakes as it needs to become a smooth but tough dough. You can also add eggs, peanut butter, honey (I did that yesterday and the Ms almost ran me over...) lard or anything that you think your babies like. The trick is to make the layer on the baking sheet as thin as possible and then kinda dry it... Have fun and let me know how it turned out!

pawbaby

Aug 29, 2008
How did I miss this thread earlier? It sounds like a great recipe Sonja. So glad the babies ( and hubby) liked them. LOL That's too funny!!:clown: