Molly

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Well, little Molly sure was the recipient of a miracle. Even the vet told my brother that when he called to check on how she was doing the next morning. He even told my brother and sister-in-law that he had prayed for her that night! What a nice vet. I will explain what happened:
Molly wouldn't come back inside after being let out in the fenced back yard to go potty. My sister-in-law decided to just let her stay out in the yard (BIG MISTAKE!!). Molly found an escape route under the fence or under their shed and got away! She ran right for the busy road. A moving truck came barreling down the road just then and Molly went under the truck, hitting the undercarriage of the truck in both the front and the back end. She cried and laid on the road after that and my sister-in-law thought she had been killed. When she got closer, Molly jumped up and ran away. My sister-in-law cannot walk fast or run, so she was unable to see where Molly went! They looked and looked and called her name, but never found her. About three or four hours after the accident, the vet called and asked them if Molly was missing. When they said she was, they gave them the address of their next door neighbor, who found Molly under his porch, claiming she was badly hurt. They picked her up and she cried and tried to bite them. Off to the vet they went, where she was thoroughly checked for injuries. Other than a skinned rump and nose, along with bruising all over, she was fine. The vet wanted to keep her for a couple of hours, just to make sure.
When we heard the news and were asked to pray, we were devastated! Then, when we heard she was going to be fine and was coming back home, both my husband and I cried for joy. We told my brother that we would be over the very next day to help secure the fence and shed so that she would never escape again! It was quite the job, but the men got it done and then put heavy rocks in places where she might have tried to dig out. All is secure. Molly is fine and recovering from her terrible trauma along with her humans who all love her very much!

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I was worried she had been killed. I am so very thankful she is going to be fine. What a little stinker to run away from them. I am happy she is now contained and can't get out again. Prayers work.

Reactions: LynnR

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Maggie ran away about 4 days after i got her to the neighbors yard chasing their horse i thought she would get kicked...we had our house worked on and she got out i was screaming and running and fell to the ground cause i could not breathe, the guys helped me. After i got back up i yelled her name and ran towards our garden when the chased me into the fenced garden. I was so scared...

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Maggie ran away about 4 days after i got her to the neighbors yard chasing their horse i thought she would get kicked...we had our house worked on and she got out i was screaming and running and fell to the ground cause i could not breathe, the guys helped me. After i got back up i yelled her name and ran towards our garden when the chased me into the fenced garden. I was so scared...
I remember taking care of my friend's two yorkies at our home in Granite Falls. They were awful about not coming when they were called and would run straight for the busy highway when they escaped (happened 3 times!!). The panic I felt was incredible and I know how you must have felt when you had been waiting so long for your precious Maggie....
Molly is so badly bruised. It hurts to look at the deep red and purple bruising spreading on her left hind hip. She is still on pain meds, so they are trying to keep her as quiet as they can. I suggested that once she is off the pain meds, they should let her decide herself what she wants to do, since that will let them know if they need to take her back to the vet to check for any damage not initially noted. They are coming to visit us on Friday and I will give her a bath and let her play with our puppies. I am happy they get to be friends.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Molly will be coming to visit us tomorrow! According to her mommy, she still isn't doing well. When I saw her late last week, she was doing fine, so I will be eager to see if mommy is over reacting or if Molly really isn't doing well. I will be giving her lots of kisses and loves and I will be sure to pass on those you all have offered, as well.

Reactions: grandmatoall

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I sure hope she is doing better when you see her. Poor baby and poor mommy, too. Please give her gentle tummy rubs and lots of puppy kisses from the babies and I.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
The update on Molly is that she has an overreacting mommy. Ha ha! She is truly bruised, but she ran around and played with my babies and although she would lift her leg once in awhile, it wasn't dramatic or consistent. Even mine do that (the ones with luxating patellas). She is being pampered and I hope this helps my sister-in-law decide to keep her. I am afraid to say that if she doesn't, I might consider taking her. She is the sweetest little thing. She just needs consistency and exercise (none of which she is getting much). They are trying, though. Maybe things will improve for them. I love them all so much.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
They know just how to get what they want from us. It is wonderful that she was able to forget her pains and play with your babies. I know you will take her if your sister-in-law doesn't keep her. But I am hoping she keeps Molly so you don't have to make that decision. Hugs to you my dear friend.

Reactions: LynnR

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Thank you, Bobbi. I really don’t need another baby! I am quite satisfied with my precious babies. Molly’s mama was dressing her up today and sending me lots of adorable pictures. It encourages me and I am doing my best to encourage patience and consistency with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: grandmatoall

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Oh that is great Susan, been thinking a lot about Molly. I get the shivers thinking about what happened to her...i have nightmares about stuff like that, always about Rosi. Sure hope they keep her, but can't think of a person ten you !

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
We went over to return the Chevy Suburban my brother let us borrow while we had our company because they wouldn’t all fit in our Honda CRV. We took all our babies with us so they could play with Molly. It was great. However, Molly has been extremely aggressive towards her mommy when she tries to pick her up if Molly is over excited. She even bit her! I was able to catch her and I calmly put her in her crate so we could leave without her escaping. This concerns me. I suggested that the more they avoid taking her along with them, the less likely she will ever calm down when she sees others. You can’t correct negative behaviors if you never expose them to what brings on those negative behaviors. They agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I suspect Molly's bad behavior is because my sister-in-law lunges at her when she is trying to catch her and also she is afraid of Molly, so Molly is somewhat rewarded for doing that to her. They love her to bits and have tried so many methods to correct her in a positive way. Molly is super hyper most of the time, although she has calmed down a tiny bit. This family owns a golden doodle (very large, but very sweet and gentle) and an elderly cock-a-poo (irritable at times, but mostly sleeps). My brother and his wife are not active at all and it is difficult for them to keep up with Molly's extremely active behaviors. I wonder if it is a good match. We are watching with concern and care as things play out in their home with Molly. I am less inclined to want to take her into our home if they don't want her because her negative behaviors are escalating rather than being corrected.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Hmmm Maggie is hyper too although she is getting bettering she as really bad being picked up. Every time i bend over she would run off or have to corner her where she would go in circles and give up. Now she will go in circles and lets me pick her up. When she wants mom to pick her up she also stands in front of her going in circles when i am cooking dinner. Sounds like Molly needs to go for walks to get some of her energy out of her...there must be someone that can take her for little walks once she is well enough How old is Molly now ?