Maggie's Right Knee surgery

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I took Maggie to the Vet yesterday and they were all thrilled and so happy to see her walking so well. Dr. Rice said both surgeries were a complete success. You wouldn't believe how cheeky she is now. Last night she was running around the living room and playing with Calleigh like she used to. I'm so, so happy! :getdown:
Our prayers have truly been answered!! I am so excited to hear this wonderful news. Hopefully, she will continue on this good road to complete recovery!

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie, Shayleigh
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
I am so, so happy about Maggie. Her mood and everything has changed - she even comes in the kitchen again when I'm getting their dinners ready. This is exactly what I wanted for her - to be a happy dog again. :clap::flower:

Reactions: grandmatoall

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
What a sweet Maggie girl!!! I am so happy she has responded so well. Far above what we might have imagined possible!! It is such a miracle. I thank God for His lovingkindness for his small creatures (large ones, too!).

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Yes, I am so, so happy everything has turned out well for her. If I'd waited I probably wouldn't have been able to have her treated until this COVID-19 was over. Our Vet Clinic is open but the owner has to stay in the car and someone comes out to get the dog - Maggie would have been so nervous that way.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I have to take Lexi to the vet for her annual heartworm test so she can get more flea/tick and heartworm meds. They do have us wait in the car, but last time I got to go in with the kitty. If they have changed things, I don't think Lexi would mind. She is super relaxed around everyone and most animals (except squirrels!).

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Good luck with Lexi.
Prob have to take Maggie in to have her legs x-rayed. She still limps once in a while, specially after she get up. Really scared for her !

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Good luck with Lexi.
Prob have to take Maggie in to have her legs x-rayed. She still limps once in a while, specially after she get up. Really scared for her !

That's how my Maggie started, Candy. Just little limps now and then. My Vet was really honest with me and told me without the surgery my Maggie would be lame and arthritis would set in. Yorkies are very, very prone to Luxating Patella - I'm really, really glad I had Maggie done. I got $1,000.00 X2 back from my Pet Insurance which made it worth while. If you have any questions just let me know. We can talk Free on Facebook Messenger.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
That's how my Maggie started, Candy. Just little limps now and then. My Vet was really honest with me and told me without the surgery my Maggie would be lame and arthritis would set in. Yorkies are very, very prone to Luxating Patella - I'm really, really glad I had Maggie done. I got $1,000.00 X2 back from my Pet Insurance which made it worth while. If you have any questions just let me know. We can talk Free on Facebook Messenger.
I am so sorry I did not get insurance for her, so I figure it will cost a fortune that I don't have :cry: but I will have her x-rayed to see what's up, soon...

Last edited:

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
The insurance was so worth it! When Maggie was attacked by the large dog it cost me a fortune I didn't have and I was paying for it for 2 years - so I decided to get the insurance and after the six month wait I had her X-Rayed for Luxating Patella once she was healthy enough. It had to be done because she wasn't walking on her back legs at all - just scooting around on her behind and it was so hard to see - poor baby. Now you'd never know there was anything wrong with her.