Maggie

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie, Shayleigh
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Please :prayer: for my sweet Maggie. Since her accident (big dog attack) Maggie has been limping. I couldn't afford to do anything about it before and I wanted to give her some time to be herself for a little while. Last Friday I took her to my Vet and had her checked out. Maggie has Luxating Patella in her left knee and without surgery it won't heal and will get worse. I was told that the surgery was needed ASAP because if it gets any worse - they won't be able to operate and it will also cause more strain on her right leg so the surgeon who is going to operate on her wants to see me next week and will call me to explain everything to me - so I need a lot of :prayer: big time. I had to leave her at the Veterinary clinic last Friday so they could do the tests and Maggie was so nervous when I went to pick her up. I can't really afford this - but there really isn't any choice. Please, please pray for both of us. I just want her to have quality of life - she so deserves it. I love her so much!:bigluv::luv:

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Oh Lynn, I am so sorry to read this, poor Maggie and you been through so much...poor Babygirl ! I will def pray for both of you ! Please keep us updated.:hugs::prayer:

Reactions: LynnR

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
I have a consultation with the Veterinarian surgery with Maggie today. His name is Dr. Pat Rice and he is the surgeon that does Luxating Patella. I'm really nervous. I have to bring Maggie at 10:00 AM this morning. Lots of :prayer: please.

Reactions: grandmatoall

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
I just got home from the Vet clinic after seeing Dr. Rice. The surgery is is 'scary' :b0703::b0703:but according to Dr. Rice it is necessary and if it is not done she will be lame.
The dangerous thing is he has to cut a piece out of a bone so her knee joint stays in instead of popping out and Yorkshire Terriers have such small bones. Her surgery is a week from Friday on Friday January 24th at 10:00 AM. Please, please :prayer: :prayer::prayer::prayer: for my sweet Maggie she is such a wonderful, sweet natured dog and I love her so much. :blowkiss::blowkiss: I will be on pins and needles until this is over. It's also pretty expensive. Please God guide the surgeon's hands and help my little Maggie.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I am definitely praying for the skill of the surgeon and for Maggie to heal quickly and for mommy to have peace knowing it is all in God's hands. While I am sad that Maggie has to go through another traumatic event, I am encouraged that there is a chance that her recovery will keep her from further pain down the road.

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Thank you Susan, the surgeon is the best in our city and was the one who operated and the only one who could finally figure out why her wound wasn't healing. I do trust him and have heard nothing but good things about his past knee surgeries. My friend Dr. Ruth says he is the best.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I am glad you have such a great doctor to do her surgery. Sending lots of prayers and gentle tummy rubs for Maggie.

Reactions: LynnR