Maggie Marie

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
has been sick for the past 3 days but looks like she is feeling better today, she ate her Breakfast. We had Mom's 91st B-day BBQ and we had Ribs, I have a feeling someone fed her some...she had a Tummy ache and she vomited all day and had Diarrhea for a couple of days poor thing. If she would not been better today I would have taking her to the Vet. Poor Baby, of course no one admitted to it...

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Hope she is feeling better today. I hate it when one of my babies get sick. Kiss her for me. Is she doing better?

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Oh Candy, I can certainly relate to tummy upsets in our little ones when they get the wrong food or someone sneaking them a little treat that they shouldn't have! Thankfully, I have drilled home the importance of keeping our dogs on their regular food and a few acceptable dog treats rather than nibbles from a dinner plate! My husband has been my greatest challenge! If we are eating chicken for dinner, Kipper knows it and will absolutely refuse his own dog food because he wants chicken! It is so awful to try to get him to eat again, once he is given any special privileges, so quite a long time ago, I put the nix on that. He is doing much better and actually gained a pound! He is still awfully skinny for his size. I hope your Maggie is okay now. It is so concerning when they get sick because it can escalate so fast! I am praying for her continued recovery.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Thank you ! Yesterday she still spit up a little but there was nothing in her Tummy.By Dinner time she still refused...I left her food down and she ate it during the night so I hope she is better...

Reactions: grandmatoall

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie, Shayleigh
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Thank you ! Yesterday she still spit up a little but there was nothing in her Tummy.By Dinner time she still refused...I left her food down and she ate it during the night so I hope she is better...
I hope she continues to get better, Candy. It's such a worry when they get sick. My Shayleigh is such a fussy eater! That's why she's so small I guess.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
You know what I have to do ? For Breakfast I have her Bowl in my hand and have to Finger feed her the first 2-3 bites then she will eat on her own... I think she is back to normal !

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I am so very thankful Maggie is doing well, Candy. You don't need another thing to worry about.
Good luck with Shayleigh, Lynn! My Kipper is an awful eater!! While it is somewhat better as he gets older (he is 8 years old), even this morning, he refused to eat at all. He will do that for a day or two sometimes, at which time I force feed him rice cereal with chicken broth in it to get him eating again. Rachel commented that when she helped feed the dogs one morning for me and Kipper wasn't eating, he calmly let her open his mouth and put food in it. I laughed and told her all of the times I have had to force feed him to get him to eat. I talked to the vet about it and she wasn't worried about him, as everything came back normal on his bloodwork and while is super skinny, he isn't emaciated and he is active and playful.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Yesterday she drew up water but she ate her food. Have no idea why. Could be that she was upset as Mom scolded her because she pooped in the House ???

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Yesterday she drew up water but she ate her food. Have no idea why. Could be that she was upset as Mom scolded her because she pooped in the House ???
Maybe she just drank too much water at once. If they do, they may throw it up again. Since she held her food down, she will probably be ok. Keep an eye on her. Hugs and kisses for your sweet baby.

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
I stopped giving Shayleigh too many treats. She loves to chew bones so I asked my friend who is a Veterinarian and she told me to limit them now that she is full grown so she will eat her food - it worked! The last couple of days she's been eating everything on her dish.

• Love

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Maybe she just drank too much water at once. If they do, they may throw it up again. Since she held her food down, she will probably be ok. Keep an eye on her. Hugs and kisses for your sweet baby.
I think you are right Bobbi, she has been fine and acting normal. Next BBQ I thin I will make a big sign : No feeding the Yorkie !!!

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Our newest member of our pack, Molly, used to throw up every time she ate or drank because she just did it too fast. We bought her a special bowl which slowed her down only a little bit and eventually, she has gotten so that she rarely brings it all back up. I try to be super calm around her so she doesn't get into her food or water in too excited of a state. It seems to be helping. She is the most hyper dog I have ever experienced in my life! The good thing is that it is improving daily.

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Well, things are a lot better with Shayleigh! I got her a new Raw food called "Fare Game" it's recommended for small dogs like Yorkie's, Chihuahua's, etc. Shayleigh is now eating every day now and loves the food. I started to give it to Maggie now too because she is also a fussy eater.