Lucys bizarro world

cathy.akers

May 12, 2018
US
I didn't know it was possible to be this heartbroken, sad, lost, angry, disappointed, and emotions I can't describe.
I haven't been able to put Rosi's stuff away, just can't get myself to do that yet !
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

cathy.akers

May 12, 2018
US
I know I've said this before but this whole thing has just been bizarre and had I dug into more of the syndromes yorkies are prone to like ple and how many different things can cause it, I have to believe things would have turned out differently. That and I should have asked if they had much experience with teacup yorkies or yorkies period. Lessons learned the hard way. That will be one of the first questions I will ask. How much experience do you have with the particular breed I have, and would you be willing to put in the time to learn everything about them and have one as a patient? There are sooo many breeds out there and mixing breeds willie nilly without thinking about what those breeds individually are prone to, and then making sure the breeding pair are free of any health issues. I have made a lot of people angry when they are talking about having one of the newest designer dogs, rattling off the name given to them and I tell them to just call it what it is, a mutt. There's nothing wrong with calling them a mutt. It's not meant in a derogatory way, and it doesn't mean that it's any less smart or special than a pure bred. But technically, according to the organization's dedicated to keeping a pure line going, any mix of two or more breeds is a mutt. I can't believe the prices on some of them, and honestly I would like to see a moratorium on breeding licenses along with hiring more inspectors and shutting down the shit holes that are out there, not issue any more licenses until every animal that is adoptable in shelters has a home, then limit the number of licenses based on the breeds they will be producing. There needs to be a national database and every puppy sold will not only be chipped with the breeders information but the owners. That information needs to be placed in the database, so if for whatever reason one of the animals that a particular breeder sold winds up being abandoned, removed from an unhealthy environment, or surrendered, it can be returned to the breeder and they are financially responsible for any vet bills, rehab, etc. And find a new forever home for it. Maybe that will make them understand that if they had done their due diligence in the first place and gotten vet and personal references, plus a home check and background check that dog wouldn't have wound up back where it began. It's time they took full responsibility for their actions. If they insist on making money off the backs of the animals then that makes them liable for the life of that dog or cat. I don't see anything wrong with that plan. If they don't like it then close up and don't let the door hit you on your way out. I've been looking at some of the yorkie rescue sites and there aren't many of them over the age of 10 or 11 The number of them that have diabetes, liver shunt, ibs, or one of the other diseases or syndromes they are known to have a higher chance of contracting, plus a few odd balls and the ever present heart failure just boggles my mind. I understand the collapsed trachea issue from breeding them down, but what happened that each breed has it's own set of health issues they are known to have happen, and it's getting worse, not better. There's no reason for it to get worse with the technology available today. Their health issues should be getting better. Well, would get better if there were stricter standards and laws that breeders had to adhere to when it comes to genetics. They should be breeding up not down but because it is easy money with minimal work and all some care about is money that's not happening. There is a special place in hell for people like that.

Sorry about my rant, but i lost a very special little girl. We've all lost very special family members we shouldn't have , are spending thousands of dollars that we shouldn't have to spend, or having to make one of the worst decisions of our lives. We have all been deeply effected by this because we would do anything for our companions. As a result our lives will never be the same again,all because of greed and not nearly enough regulations that protect us and the lives of one of gods best creations. I know exactly who the enemy is that already spends millions of dollars to prevent our pets from getting out from under the USDA. It's just like in human medicine when it comes to cancer or other diseases. There's no money to be made unless everyone is sick. That's why the veterinary association, pharmaceutical companies, manufacturers of specialty diagnostic machines, dog food manufacturers, and the list goes on spend millions on lobbyists and in donations to election campaigns. Until our pets have their own governing body nothing will change. The dog food manufacturers that brag about meeting aafco standards like its something fabulous and the fact that people believe it is just infuriating. If you are going to feed a processed food, make sure it's from Canada. They have the highest standards anywhere and their inspectors are thorough. They insist on food being human grade and will not allow the useless harmful fillers and crap that is used in the United states. The whole brew Haha about finding phenobarbital in the food like it was just discovered. Trust me they've known about that for 10 years. I found this out almost 2 years ago. Honestly it's a no brainer if you know anything about rendering plants, or have ever been to one. About a year or so ago there was an episode of north woods law that actually showed the dead animals dumped out on the ground waiting to go into the plant. The reason it made the show was because of complaints about the small or something that would involve a wildlife ranger. I guarantee you if the dog food manufacturers and a few other organizations had known about it. That episode won't have seen the light of day. Another thing they don't tell you is just because it says on a bag or can that certain ingredients come from say Australia, well that might not be true. Companies outside the united states that manufacture ingredients for food manufactured and sold here can and do outsource materials from the Asian countries that have no regulations or inspections like the Philippines. They take those ingredients add them to the stuff they actually do get in county, remanufacture it put their name on it and ship it to the us. Now isn't that screwed up. After teddy got sick after eating taste of the wild, not only did I file a report with the state department of agriculture, they also took the rest of the bag for testing and i called the company and asked for a list of where each ingredient was purchased. I knew that would never happen, but for the gal to tell me that there were ingredients that they couldn't get in the United states when a lot of it grows wild and is readily available, so they had to get it from China. Yeah. That was the WRONG answer and I blew a gasket. These companies apparently think everyone is a sheep and will eat whatever we are spoon fed. Not only did I laugh at her, but I informed her that she was either being lied to or was told to lie and either way, shame on her. I also sent an email and a typed letter to the company and told them what had happened and if anything showed up in the tests they were running, well it was going to cost them a pretty penny. Even if nothing showed up in the tests we had them run, I knew it was their food that caused the pancreatitis and his subsequent death and I was going to make sure that millions of others knew also hitting them in the pocket book.

Did you know that as long ago as 10 plus years the veterinary industry knew that once a puppy receives its vaccines the antibodies were alive and well as long as 15 years down the road? There's no such thing as a booster shot. All it does is kill off the antibodies already in place and regenerate them. Vets have been over vaccinating our pets for years because it's easy money. There has been a rise in bad reactions and deaths from the vaccines because once again the manufacturers are outsourcing ingredients from China, the Philippines etc and they are contaminated. But it makes their products cost less and if they pay less for the medicines but still charge the same price, it improves their profit. All of this I learned after teddy died and I began to dig for answers and I got more than I bargained for.

I want another little teeny tiny baby girl so much I can't stand it, but that's going to require some soul searching to decide if it's worth the risk, even though I'm a much more educated pet parent.

Ok. I'm done. Getting off my soapbox

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Personally, I happen to love my mutt very much. Sandy is a Morky. Maltese mom and Yorkie dad. She has been the love of our lives for 14 years and counting. She has always been very healthy. We also adopted Roxy who is a pure bred Yorkie. We love both of our girls.... and always will.

Reactions: cathy.akers

cathy.akers

May 12, 2018
US
Personally, I happen to love my mutt very much. Sandy is a Morky. Maltese mom and Yorkie dad. She has been the love of our lives for 14 years and counting. She has always been very healthy. We also adopted Roxy who is a pure bred Yorkie. We love both of our girls.... and always will.

Morkies are absolutely adorable. I've never met a dog I didn't love. At one time historically, your mutts were healthier than a pure bred. I grew up using the word mutt all the time no matter what kind of dog it was and i never thought about it being taboo. It just cracks me up when someone gets their panties in a twist if I use the word.

Reactions: grandmatoall

cathy.akers

May 12, 2018
US
Morkies are absolutely adorable. I've never met a dog I didn't love. At one time historically, your mutts were healthier than a pure bred. I grew up using the word mutt all the time no matter what kind of dog it was and i never thought about it being taboo. It just cracks me up when someone gets their panties in a twist if I use the word.

Where did you find sandy? I've been checking the rescues every few days looking for yorkies, or a morkie and am having no luck.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
My daughter gave her to me when she was born. Her male yorkie was bred to a friends dog. It was love at first sight. Over the years, I have had several offers for her. Needless to say, she is still with us.

I don't get my babies to breed. So, it really doesn't matter to me if they come with a registration or not. Leo, Lilly and Roxy all had papers. We had them fixed right away, so they stay healthier. Sandy's and TJ's parents were both registered. Not that it mattered to us.

Reactions: cathy.akers

cathy.akers

May 12, 2018
US
My daughter gave her to me when she was born. Her male yorkie was bred to a friends dog. It was love at first sight. Over the years, I have had several offers for her. Needless to say, she is still with us.

I don't get my babies to breed. So, it really doesn't matter to me if they come with a registration or not. Leo, Lilly and Roxy all had papers. We had them fixed right away, so they stay healthier. Sandy's and TJ's parents were both registered. Not that it mattered to us.
I'm the same way. Could care less if they are registered or not. It doesn't make them who they are

cathy.akers

May 12, 2018
US
I'm really struggling today with her death. I had hoped that sitting down a few nights ago and writing a letter to her would be cathartic, but obviously I was wrong. Today's meltdown was awful. It's a good thing someone invented pillows. They come in handy when you feel the need to just let go and scream.

I've struggled with anxiety, panic attacks and depression starting probably 5 plus years ago when going through menopause. It got better several months after I was done with that journey, but snuck back in when mom and dad were having health issues , and it reached its crescendo with moms ovarian cancer diagnosis and then losing teddy within a 6 month time period. I don't take prescription poison, preferring to go the natural route, but it was lucy who found her way into my life at the suggestion of my counselor that got me back on level ground. Thus she became my esa literally and legally.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Sounds like you been doing a lot of research, i was born and raised in Germany until i met my Ex and over there when i grew up there was no Dog food, they got leftovers and was thinking when or if i get another of home cooking. Truly not sure what to feed anymore. I had/have pretty picky eaters and always changed dog food and they still wanted what we had...i would never do that again. Apollo is on prescription food foe Bladder stones ..
Pretty interesting read..
I want another little Baby girl too again...Someone i know has a Morkie she looks like a Yorkie except for the Ears and she is adorable. Seen a Smorkie before and they are cute too.
I wonder how much Health problems on a Show Breeder dogs has, i know 2 very responsible Yorkie Breeders , not that it matters to me that these Dogs have champion Titles, all i care about i want a Healthy Baby Girl and prefer a Adult because i don't want her to outlive me...i ache for a Love Bug, neither one of mine where/is they want a little love then off they go