Kipper is sick!

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
My dear Kipper is not feeling well. I finally took him to the vet. She says his bacteria levels are off and he is fighting some kind of bug that makes him not want to eat. This has been going on for several days. It started when we came home from my eye surgery and appointments--I would find vomit on the couches and floor in several places--not much and no food was in it, just bile. Then, I noticed someone pooping on the pee pads and the poop had gelatinous qualities. He got a shot of Cerenia and came home with metronizadole (flagl) for the intestinal bug. None of the other dogs have it. Praise God for that! He is such a picky eater anyway and so scrawny for his size. He could go downhill pretty fast. The timing is awful, as my oldest daughter and four of her eight children are coming for a week long visit tomorrow! I have so much to do and I have been not doing much while I had my eye surgeries and all of those appointments. You probably won't hear from me again for awhile, as you can imagine how busy we will be, but I will at least try to let you know how Kipper is doing.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Prayers for your sweet Kipper! Poor tyke. I am glad you took him to the vet right away. I know your house is as clean as can be. Your home always looks wonderful. Enjoy your daughter and her children. Kisses and tummy rubs from our house to yours. Praying for your sweet little boy.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Poor Kipper...glad to hear he is on the mend. Give him Tummy rubs from us !
Hope you have a good Visit with your Daughter and Grandchildren !

Reactions: grandmatoall

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
As you all might well imagine, the puppies have been quite stressed out with the guest in our home right now. My four year old granddaughter has a hard time leaving them alone and Omari and Lily both want to lick the baby in the face all the time. All in all, everyone is doing well and Kipper keeps doing better and better. Sweet Nabi has a sore hind leg and today Kipper was running when he yelped and also has a sore hind leg. I suspect luxating patellas for both. They limp for a bit and then return to normal. It is just that they are all so excited and usually trying to run away from too much contact from the four year old. We are doing our best to protect them as much as we can and to teach the little one not to be so quick to try to hold them and confine them.

Reactions: LynnR

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
You sure do have a busy household. I used to make my grandkids sit down and let the babies come to them. With so many babies, you have your hands full trying to keep up with all of them and a 4 year old too. Enjoy your visitors. Hugs,

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
We all survived the visit. Little Chloe cried when they left on the airplane. She loved being here and we loved having them all come for a visit. She never hurt any of the puppies and she always did sit down with them, but she never wanted to let them go and that meant they couldn’t play, potty, or drink. We limited the time she could hold them ( she really loved Mozart). Meanwhile, Kipper finished his medicine and is happily eating again, although picky about what it is. He loves chicken and we don’t feed chicken due to the horrific allergy Mozart has to it and he always manages to find some little morsel to sneak. I finally had to put Kipper on the table to eat so that wouldn’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Your granddaughter will be a pet lover. Good job in monitoring the time she could hold them. Kids are such a joy to have around. It sounds like you had a wonderful visit. Good job Kipper. I am glad you are well once again.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Your granddaughter will be a pet lover. Good job in monitoring the time she could hold them. Kids are such a joy to have around. It sounds like you had a wonderful visit. Good job Kipper. I am glad you are well once again.
Yes, little Chloe has a dog at her house, although their dog is about mini schnauzer size. Good thing, with eight children. Cupcake was a gift from us to their oldest daughter when she was the only girl in the family. She is a shih tzu. Cupcake is good to let them know when she has had enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk