Kipper and pals on an adventure!

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Awe Susan, you where almost in my Backyard, Battleground is less then a 1/2 hr drive from where we live. I can't even imaging traveling with that many dogs and a cat lol. Love your Stories. Never a dull moment haha. Glad you are all safe and sound at home again. Your 2 visitors are left alone outside all day ??? Poor Babies, why do they even have them...sad
I sure wish we had known your address so we could have popped in to say hello! Maybe next time we are headed in that direction, we will see if you want visitors. By then, you will probably have your new baby!!!

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
We are getting back to a new normal around here, with the two additional dogs. I actually think they are calming down a bit more after being in such close contact with us and our own animals.
Today, I am taking my seven for grooming before our big trip. I am going to have them cut super short in the hopes that it will last. Someone told me to just take them to a PetCo and leave them for the day and do something we otherwise wouldn't be able to do with our dogs on our trip, but I just can't bring myself to trust anyone else with my precious babies. I am taking scissors and combs, shampoo, etc., so I will just take care of them myself along the way, as needed. Actually, I don't mind being with my dogs and missing out on museums and other places where they are not welcome. We plan accordingly. One place we were going to camp was near Niagara Falls, NY, but they were going to charge an extra $4/pet ($32/night on top of the $50/night fee!!). We may as well stay at a LaQuinta hotel for that price!! We will find another place to stay or just continue on our way to the next spot. We just love being together!
I am glad you are not taking them into someone you don't know to have them groomed. I have heard of such horror stories about that. I watched one of the ladies at the Petco in Boise. She was grooming a yorkie and she was very mean to that dog. I reported her to the store manager. He said she was one of their best with dogs. I don't know the temperment of the dog but I watched her for over 20 minutes and she was mean. I clip mine myself. I don't trust too many people with them.

Reactions: LynnR

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
The wonderful groomer I have here at home allowed me to stay with my babies while they got their hair cut. I did that for a year. She is very gentle and soft spoken and the haircuts always look nice. She also gives me a discount for bathing them myself and also because I have so many. I have heard awful stories about some groomers, so for sure, I am not going to trust a stranger alone with my precious babies.

Reactions: grandmatoall