Kipper and pals on an adventure!

Discussion in 'Traveling' started by KippersMa, Aug 3, 2018.

1. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    We left Granite Falls at almost 9pm Thursday to visit Euphrates, Washington for five days. It was hard to get away from work and we had to make sure we were leaving with confidence that we had done everything possible for our employees.
    This is our first trip with Goyang-i and he is loving it! I put one of the dog harnesses on him and although he doesn't mind the harness, he doesn't get the idea of walking on a leash yet. He does walk if we take him with the dogs, so we are making progress.
    We stopped at Dry Falls and I can't tell you in words how beautiful and amazing it is. Sadly, it is also very hot, so we couldn't stay long or the RV would get too hot and the dogs and cat would suffer. It was so hot that Buddy refused to walk, so we carried him. When we return, I am hoping Rachel can help me get some pictures together to share. I can also use that photo sharing app if I can remember how I did it the first time! Haha.
    We are now comfortably settled at the RV park in Ephrata and let the puppies play in the cool shade of a glorious tree we are parked underneath. We bought two sets of

wire exercise pens to make a nice big area for all seven dogs. They loved it and it makes it easier on us to not have to leash them every time they want to go potty.
    As soon as we got set up, we loaded the puppies into the dog cart and rode down to the little RV store where we bought some ice cream bars! Yum! It was so much hotter away from our tree, that we decided to wait out the heat and go riding tonight, when it cools back down. We notice that most of the other campers are doing the same--each under their lovely tree for shade and enjoying the gentle breeze that makes it do pleasant.
    Since we have internet here, I can stay in touch and tell you stories about our adventure here.

cathy.akers and LynnR like this.
  2. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.

Poo:
    Poo:
    I absolutely love your stories of your journeys. Do you have a generator so you can keep your RV air on while it is so hot?

cathy.akers likes this.
  3. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am looking forward to seeing all the pictures of your journey. I'll bet people are loving seeing Goyang-i walking with all the babies.

cathy.akers likes this.
  4. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Yes, we do have a generator, but we are at an RV park with electricity and water so we can use that, instead. It is already 72 degrees F here. None of the dogs except chubby Lily are eating. I hope they eat later today. Go yang-i is doing fantastic. He loves being with us.
    Today, we will bike to town for a farmers market. We should be able to get some fresh corn on the cob. Mostly, this is just relaxing, as there are not any bike trails or hiking in this area. It is just way too hot. There is golf, but I am sorry, I don't do golf and can't imagine feeling so inclined. Haha!
    I will make sure to take a video of Goyang-i walking with the dogs on a leash for the compilation I hope to make and share.

grandmatoall likes this.
  5. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Sounds like you guys having so much fun and your Babies enjoying themselves being with you. We have a bit cooler right now but the heat is slowly going back up and suppose to be back in the mid 90s. ugh as i am trying to figure out how to get my new Baby here.Since i am tight with money was wondering how bad it would be to fly her cargo ?? They have a Flight Nanny but don't know yet how much that cost

grandmatoall and cathy.akers like this.
  6. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    Today we are also getting a little break. But by Monday and Tuesday it's supposed to go up over 90 degrees. The hottest it's ever been here.

7. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    We took a ten mile bike ride this morning and toured the town, visited the farmers market and bought a few things we forgot from the grocery store here. The puppies were home in the RV, enjoying air conditioning. When we were out, our Canary surveillance camera let us know when the dogs were barking and also the temperature. It got down to 59!!! But the dogs were fine. So that wasn't bad. They only barked when someone on the golf course got too close to our RV and then stopped quickly, so we didn't think that was bad, either. It is only supposed to be 84 today, but the day we leave is supposed to get up to 105!! I will be glad we left!
    We tried to find a church in the area where we could attend services, and we did find a few. However, after riding bikes to town, we decided we had really put our lives at risk because a good 3 miles of the trip would be on the small shoulder of a speed limit of 60mph! We may just have our own church service with our puppies and cat tomorrow!
    When it is super hot, we nap and it looks so darling to see all the puppies sleeping on the bed with us! They really don't mind, except Nabi. She misses chasing her ball. It doesn't go far in a 26 foot RV. Haha!

cathy.akers and grandmatoall like this.
  8. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    It sounds like we are all having elevated temp problems together.

Tomorrow it is supposed to be 90* :hotsun:
    Mon 93
    Tues 97
    Wed 101
    Thur 105 Yikes :veryhot:
    Fri 105 :sweat:

Then it starts dropping down a bit.

I am so thankful for air conditioning. :fan2:

cathy.akers likes this.
  9. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:

What a good idea your surveillance camera is. I never thought of using one like that. I agree with you about riding on a narrow shoulder while the cars are speeding by at 60mph. That would be very scary.

I am glad you are having a great time on your trip.

cathy.akers likes this.
  10. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    Wow, Susan it sounds like you are having a wonderful time in spite of the heat. It is very, very hot here too and the temps are supposed to stay that way all week until next Saturday when it will start to cool down. It has never ever been this hot here.

11. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    We had it mid 80s the last couple of days, but heating up again tomorrow and will be in the upper 90s all week. Hope my fans don't give out. Cant wait for Fall, although my Texas prob will not lol

12. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    We had the scare of our lives last night at midnight! My husband put Buddy outside in the pen so he could potty and then he came back in because we were just ending a movie we brought to watch. I began to hear Buddy's frantic barking, so Steven went outside to bring him in. What Steven forgot to check when he put Buddy outside, was to make sure the gate to the pen was closed. It was not, so Buddy had escaped onto that busy highway, across the golf course! As Steven was on his way to find Buddy, my phone rang and a woman asked me if I had a dog. She told me that he had been hit by a car and was found in the middle of the road unable to get up! I ran outside as well and by then, Steven had taken Buddy who was still in a total panicked state and crying. Although no one saw him get hit, they assumed he had been, since he was lying in the middle of the busy road and unable to get up. We knew there was a vet clinic within walking distance, so we took Buddy back to the RV to assess his injuries. He was totally wet because he had fallen in a ditch with water, but there was no blood, no broken bones, and he was able to stand and walk when we put him down. He drank some water and ate some food. We covered him with blankets, as he was shivering terribly, and he slept well for the rest of the night. This morning, we let him out to potty, making sure the gate was shut! He was fine. He gobbled his pills in the pill pocket and has been sleeping again. It really wore him out and he hasn't seemed interested in eating again, so we are letting him sleep. We figure that he must have fallen over when he was crossing the road and couldn't get up again. Dear Buddy does this. What a miracle and a sure sign of God's mercy, that Buddy was not hit by a car on this very busy, high speed highway! We are so thankful to God for saving our Buddy from a horrible death that could so easily been prevented if we had been more alert and noticed that open gate to the exercise pen.

13. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    What a scare for all of you! My heart is racing just reading this! PTL for saving Buddy. You are wonderful parents and it just slipped by you. You will be extra careful to check the little gate now. Hugs to both of you.

cathy.akers likes this.
  14. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I read this entire thing to Marlin. He also enjoyed the stories. It keeps him up on what is going on. When he eventually retires, we hope to be able to take some trips with our babies too. We will need to upgrade our old RV. It has sat for 3 years without being used. That isn't good. It is stuffed with things from the garage and has become a storage shed. We need to sell it but it will have to have a total re-haul to work. As that will be spendy, it hasn't been done yet.

I don't think Marlin wants me to go camping without him, due to my physical problems. I used to take the babies and go camping out by the dam for a week or so at a time. It was very restful and I loved it. Sometimes, one of the girls would come out to where I was camping and we would have a nice time. JoOnni used to bring her daycare kids and they would all sleep in a huge tent with Jo. What fun that was. It would be JoOnni and I along with 8 or 9 little kids. We would leave on Tuesday and spend the week with the little ones. Their parents would come up on Saturday, camp a little then take their kids home. We had an awesome group and everyone enjoyed it.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    cathy.akers likes this.
  15. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    omg i would have had a heart attack, how scary...so happy to read he is ok, was holding my breath reading. What a Story !

16. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    How scary for you and your family, Susan. I know how much you love Buddy and I am so glad he is ok. I am also so glad he didn't get hit by a car.

cathy.akers likes this.
  17. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Dear old Buddy is his doddering old self with a very voracious appetite. This is really nice because he wasn't eating too well before we left. He took a walk the night of the scare and Steven says he loved it. We might be able to take him for a little walk this evening, when it cools down a bit. I took some videos today to use in the YouTube video I will share when we get back. The puppies are playing and the kitty is eating in the loft. I am just loving this time we are having. We rode bikes with everyone except with Buddy. He stayed with the RV to eat. We ran through the sprinklers so we could go for longer without getting too hot. When we stopped by the park store, the owner told us how impressed they were with the sweet dogs and cat we had brought along. She said she was glad to make an exception to their rule of only three dogs. Then, she gave us two beautiful stainless steel waterers for the dogs and one was pink with black paw prints on it. They are like hamster bottles where the animal licks the end and water comes out. This Oasis RV Park has been so fantastic!! We will want to come again, but hopefully not when it is so hot. Tonight, we will have a little fire and roast marshmallows for s'mores! Yum.

18. cathy.akers

cathy.akers Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    I don't think I took a breath the whole time I was reading that story until you said he was ok.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

grandmatoall likes this.
  19. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    That is awesome that these People where so Friendly. Hope your smores turned out great, been years since i had some.

20. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    We tried so hard to get out early for a bike ride on the canal trail behind the park, but didn't get everyone fed and watered and pottied until 9:30. It was already 75 degrees! The canal road proved to be almost more than I could do in the heat and with the heavy layer of pea gravel on the road. Nevertheless, we made the 10 mile round trip in a hour, even stopping to give the dogs licks from the nice water bottles we were given and for me to drink from my water bottle. Steven never popped a single drop of sweat, while I was dripping from the sheer heat and strain from pulling about 40 pounds or more behind my already heavy bike. I am done for the day and will stay in my wonderful and cool RV with my sweet puppies and kitty.
    Last night, a big fly got in through the door when I was letting Buddy in from outside. I turned on our handy dandy little Ninja Bug Zapper which runs on batteries. In no time, the fly was attracted to the light and got fried in the zapper! Goyang-i was fascinated by the sizzling fly, so I had to move the zapper away so he wouldn't get zapped, too! We were happy to see that this cheap zapper really works as advertised.
    So far, we have found six golf balls abandoned or left behind. We are going to turn them in to the store so they can use them for customers who may need some more balls. They are too dangerous to keep around our place because when our grandchildren visit, they may forget and throw them for the dogs and if one were to be hit by a hard golf ball, it could be fatal.
    The leak we discovered coming from our water reservoir seems to have stopped, so we think it was just over filled. Hooray! Before we leave for our trip across Canada and the USA, we will have it checked when we take it in for sealing the seams on the RV. We. Are sure learning a lot!
    Lily hates the heat. She tries to go under the RV every time, as it is shady under there! We are still seeing some reluctance to eat from Kipper, Omari, and JinJu. As long as they eat every twenty four hours, I am not worried. I think it may be the heat and lack of exercise--also due to the intense heat here.
    Old Buddy kept us up most of the night, feeling restless, thirsty, and whining for some reason. When I put him outside, he barked his frantic scared bark. When he was inside, he paced and whined and drank so much water! His appetite is excellent and although he is feeble, he can stand up and walk around most of the time. We even tried letting him sleep with us, but he wouldn't have it. Today, I have him outside in the exercise pen, where he can pace to his hearts content and hopefully sleep better tonight!
    We will secure everything before bed tonight so that all we have to do before we leave in the morning will be to unplug the electricity and head for home!