I am restricted

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I am really happy we moved to Florida. The restrictions here haven't been nearly as prohibitive as Washington and Oregon! We can now find most items needed, except for Clorox or Lysol wipes and Lysol spray. Lots of people wear masks, which is probably not a bad idea. I cannot, however, tolerate the restricted airflow (all mental) and every time I wear a mask, I get a stuffy nose and sore throat!! My own germs are getting me, I guess! :question:
Meanwhile, my husband has been doing a lot of yard work (hooray!!) and we are growing peanuts!! Also herbs for my cooking. I bought a soyajoy soy milk maker and an instapot since I am doing a lot more cooking and non dairy milk was hard to find and then ridiculously expensive once it came back. Rachel is growing soybeans at her place, so if she is successful, we won't even have to buy soybeans for our milk! I can also make almond milk, cashew milk, rice milk, etc. I am having fun with these new machines and with the heat here in Florida, it is pretty nice to be able to cook a meal in a fraction of the time and not heat up the house!
Molly continues to be wild but is showing more attentiveness to commands to settle down and come, etc. She no longer bolts out the doors when they are opened, either. If she does go outside, she comes right back when she is called, so I am really happy about that! I used to let Omari and Nabi out to do their business, but they started wandering farther outside of our yard and one day, Omari came back soaked. I think one of our neighbors might have sprayed him with a hose to get him off their property, so I set up our portable fence outside the Florida room (we call it the puppy room) and now they can only use that smaller space to do what they need to do. It is working nicely!
Mozart had a terrible breakout with his skin, right after we went for a walk in a park. It had almost cleared up and we went to my brother's house where they went potty on the grass in his back yard. Mozart broke out horribly and I have determined that not only is he allergic to many food items, but also grass! I bathed him right away and it is almost gone. I am not going to let him down except on a paved path from now on and I am also going to stop his flea meds, just in case that is also an issue, because it seems to coincide with the time I give him his flea meds. That means he won't be able to go outside at all, for fear of getting heartworm or flea infestation. The rest of the dogs are all treated, though. I will run this by the vet before I decide for sure.
I don't know about any of you with your dogs' food, but Chewy really let me down. We have a monthly order that automatically comes for my dogs' food and it didn't come!! I called them and they said I wouldn't get it for a week, since it was first come, first served and my automatic order didn't count. I canceled all further orders and went through my vet to get the food we needed, but even they had trouble getting the Science Diet Small Paws for the dogs. Thankfully, Mozart had a three month supply of his Ultamino dog food (Royal Canin prescription diet).
Lexi sleeps inside at night and when we leave the house for the day. Thunderstorms are very common this time of year, and we never know if we are going to have one. Sometimes, they say we are and then we don't. Other times, they don't tell us and we do!! It just seems safer for Lexi to be inside just in case. She is a good girl and we bought her an inside bed to sleep on if the little ones don't try to hog it!! Haha!
Kipper and JinJu always compete for who gets closest to mommy when I sit down. Kipper usually wins. He has been especially loving lately, and desiring extra attention. They have really loved the fact that we seldom go anywhere, but it is also bad for their socialization, so I imagine we will have to start that all over again once this is over and we can freely go wherever we want.
Lily has been especially lively! She is our oldest yorkie, at 9 1/2 years old. She doesn't really like to go in the car, but is good when she does go with us. We take them every time we go to my brother's or to Rachel's house so they can keep up with what it feels like to ride in the car. Lily used to get very carsick, but ever since we solved her ear infection problem, she has been fine. Also, Molly is horrible in the car. She hates going and whines and barks and even her thundershirt doesn't help calm her. We need to get her in the car more often so she doesn't panic. We think she may feel that we are giving her away. That was very traumatic for her. When we ride back home from where we have visited, she is calm again.
Omari has been tried and true lover boy. He enjoys taking Kipper's monkey away from him when I throw it for Kipper to chase. It is the only toy Kipper will play with and Omari knows it! Stinker! He is very playful with Molly and this helps her get out lots of energy. His back legs bowl out and the vet said his knees are fine. It must just be weak muscles. He never acts like it hurts, but it sure looks funny when he doesn't hold them properly!
I better stop before I write a book. I hope you are all doing well in your environment. Enjoy your babies!!

Reactions: grandmatoall

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I don't go much. Judy and I have started walking at the Rec Center's outside track. We both wear our masks and keep 6' away from each other and any other people that may walk by. We may see 2-4 people the entire time. The last couple of weeks have been very wet.. My yard is beautiful with all the rain. I have been lucky to have a couple of days, here and there, to get it mowed. And... I don't have to drag hoses around.

I do most of my shopping on line. It seems to work very well. It saves me money because I don't see things I may need, as I go up and down the isles. LOL.

I am very aware of the virus and take precautions, like I am supposed to. My hands are sore from all the washing and using hand sanitizer... but I also use lots of lotion to help with that.

So... not much going on here. I look forward to being able to go back to the rec center to exercise again. They opened it up last Saturday, with limits to distancing and only having so many people in at one time. I don't dare do that until things settle down some more.

JoOnni still hasn't had her reconnect surgery. Hopefully sometime in June. I will let you know when we find out anything for sure.

Stay safe my friends. Hugs and prayers for all of you and your sweet babies.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Well last time I went to Costco I was weary aboutt going as I had a bad time last time and was very embarrasst Had either a copt or asthma attack and worker there asked me if I was skas I was really breathing hard even with my O2,took me a bit to breathe normal. She was gonna call a Ambulance, told her I will be ok after sitting a bit.Last week when I went I took the electric Shopping cart and loved it. Now when I go shopping I will do that. Has that happen to you Bobbi ?
Susan I am glad you all are ok and the Babies. Poor Mozart, hope his skin outbreak gets better soon !
Ya what a hazel with the masks, we have to wear them everywhere here.I probably dat have to because o my condition but do wear them when I go in a store but am lucky Syl 's BF had a N95 because he needs them for his job he gave me one. Cant wear the ones that go just around your ears because it falls off when I wear my O2 tubing.
We having a hard time with the garden as it is so cool and rainy here.

Reactions: grandmatoall

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Well last time I went to Costco I was weary aboutt going as I had a bad time last time and was very embarrasst Had either a copt or asthma attack and worker there asked me if I was skas I was really breathing hard even with my O2,took me a bit to breathe normal. She was gonna call a Ambulance, told her I will be ok after sitting a bit.Last week when I went I took the electric Shopping cart and loved it. Now when I go shopping I will do that. Has that happen to you Bobbi ?
Susan I am glad you all are ok and the Babies. Poor Mozart, hope his skin outbreak gets better soon !
Ya what a hazel with the masks, we have to wear them everywhere here.I probably dat have to because o my condition but do wear them when I go in a store but am lucky Syl 's BF had a N95 because he needs them for his job he gave me one. Cant wear the ones that go just around your ears because it falls off when I wear my O2 tubing.
We having a hard time with the garden as it is so cool and rainy here.
Yes. I do sometimes lose my ability to breathe well.. with my asthma and COPD. It is embarrassing to say the least. But you do what you have to. It used to be far worse. I think all the exercising and trying to expand my chest has helped. I have resorted to the electric cart when I go to Costco, unless I am planning to get right in and out. Then my walker will do. I haven't been inside a store since this pandemic started. I don't want to take a chance.

Reactions: Candy