I am restricted

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I am really happy we moved to Florida. The restrictions here haven't been nearly as prohibitive as Washington and Oregon! We can now find most items needed, except for Clorox or Lysol wipes and Lysol spray. Lots of people wear masks, which is probably not a bad idea. I cannot, however, tolerate the restricted airflow (all mental) and every time I wear a mask, I get a stuffy nose and sore throat!! My own germs are getting me, I guess! :question:
Meanwhile, my husband has been doing a lot of yard work (hooray!!) and we are growing peanuts!! Also herbs for my cooking. I bought a soyajoy soy milk maker and an instapot since I am doing a lot more cooking and non dairy milk was hard to find and then ridiculously expensive once it came back. Rachel is growing soybeans at her place, so if she is successful, we won't even have to buy soybeans for our milk! I can also make almond milk, cashew milk, rice milk, etc. I am having fun with these new machines and with the heat here in Florida, it is pretty nice to be able to cook a meal in a fraction of the time and not heat up the house!
Molly continues to be wild but is showing more attentiveness to commands to settle down and come, etc. She no longer bolts out the doors when they are opened, either. If she does go outside, she comes right back when she is called, so I am really happy about that! I used to let Omari and Nabi out to do their business, but they started wandering farther outside of our yard and one day, Omari came back soaked. I think one of our neighbors might have sprayed him with a hose to get him off their property, so I set up our portable fence outside the Florida room (we call it the puppy room) and now they can only use that smaller space to do what they need to do. It is working nicely!
Mozart had a terrible breakout with his skin, right after we went for a walk in a park. It had almost cleared up and we went to my brother's house where they went potty on the grass in his back yard. Mozart broke out horribly and I have determined that not only is he allergic to many food items, but also grass! I bathed him right away and it is almost gone. I am not going to let him down except on a paved path from now on and I am also going to stop his flea meds, just in case that is also an issue, because it seems to coincide with the time I give him his flea meds. That means he won't be able to go outside at all, for fear of getting heartworm or flea infestation. The rest of the dogs are all treated, though. I will run this by the vet before I decide for sure.
I don't know about any of you with your dogs' food, but Chewy really let me down. We have a monthly order that automatically comes for my dogs' food and it didn't come!! I called them and they said I wouldn't get it for a week, since it was first come, first served and my automatic order didn't count. I canceled all further orders and went through my vet to get the food we needed, but even they had trouble getting the Science Diet Small Paws for the dogs. Thankfully, Mozart had a three month supply of his Ultamino dog food (Royal Canin prescription diet).
Lexi sleeps inside at night and when we leave the house for the day. Thunderstorms are very common this time of year, and we never know if we are going to have one. Sometimes, they say we are and then we don't. Other times, they don't tell us and we do!! It just seems safer for Lexi to be inside just in case. She is a good girl and we bought her an inside bed to sleep on if the little ones don't try to hog it!! Haha!
Kipper and JinJu always compete for who gets closest to mommy when I sit down. Kipper usually wins. He has been especially loving lately, and desiring extra attention. They have really loved the fact that we seldom go anywhere, but it is also bad for their socialization, so I imagine we will have to start that all over again once this is over and we can freely go wherever we want.
Lily has been especially lively! She is our oldest yorkie, at 9 1/2 years old. She doesn't really like to go in the car, but is good when she does go with us. We take them every time we go to my brother's or to Rachel's house so they can keep up with what it feels like to ride in the car. Lily used to get very carsick, but ever since we solved her ear infection problem, she has been fine. Also, Molly is horrible in the car. She hates going and whines and barks and even her thundershirt doesn't help calm her. We need to get her in the car more often so she doesn't panic. We think she may feel that we are giving her away. That was very traumatic for her. When we ride back home from where we have visited, she is calm again.
Omari has been tried and true lover boy. He enjoys taking Kipper's monkey away from him when I throw it for Kipper to chase. It is the only toy Kipper will play with and Omari knows it! Stinker! He is very playful with Molly and this helps her get out lots of energy. His back legs bowl out and the vet said his knees are fine. It must just be weak muscles. He never acts like it hurts, but it sure looks funny when he doesn't hold them properly!
I better stop before I write a book. I hope you are all doing well in your environment. Enjoy your babies!!

Reactions: grandmatoall

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I don't go much. Judy and I have started walking at the Rec Center's outside track. We both wear our masks and keep 6' away from each other and any other people that may walk by. We may see 2-4 people the entire time. The last couple of weeks have been very wet.. My yard is beautiful with all the rain. I have been lucky to have a couple of days, here and there, to get it mowed. And... I don't have to drag hoses around.

I do most of my shopping on line. It seems to work very well. It saves me money because I don't see things I may need, as I go up and down the isles. LOL.

I am very aware of the virus and take precautions, like I am supposed to. My hands are sore from all the washing and using hand sanitizer... but I also use lots of lotion to help with that.

So... not much going on here. I look forward to being able to go back to the rec center to exercise again. They opened it up last Saturday, with limits to distancing and only having so many people in at one time. I don't dare do that until things settle down some more.

JoOnni still hasn't had her reconnect surgery. Hopefully sometime in June. I will let you know when we find out anything for sure.

Stay safe my friends. Hugs and prayers for all of you and your sweet babies.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Well last time I went to Costco I was weary aboutt going as I had a bad time last time and was very embarrasst Had either a copt or asthma attack and worker there asked me if I was skas I was really breathing hard even with my O2,took me a bit to breathe normal. She was gonna call a Ambulance, told her I will be ok after sitting a bit.Last week when I went I took the electric Shopping cart and loved it. Now when I go shopping I will do that. Has that happen to you Bobbi ?
Susan I am glad you all are ok and the Babies. Poor Mozart, hope his skin outbreak gets better soon !
Ya what a hazel with the masks, we have to wear them everywhere here.I probably dat have to because o my condition but do wear them when I go in a store but am lucky Syl 's BF had a N95 because he needs them for his job he gave me one. Cant wear the ones that go just around your ears because it falls off when I wear my O2 tubing.
We having a hard time with the garden as it is so cool and rainy here.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Well last time I went to Costco I was weary aboutt going as I had a bad time last time and was very embarrasst Had either a copt or asthma attack and worker there asked me if I was skas I was really breathing hard even with my O2,took me a bit to breathe normal. She was gonna call a Ambulance, told her I will be ok after sitting a bit.Last week when I went I took the electric Shopping cart and loved it. Now when I go shopping I will do that. Has that happen to you Bobbi ?
Susan I am glad you all are ok and the Babies. Poor Mozart, hope his skin outbreak gets better soon !
Ya what a hazel with the masks, we have to wear them everywhere here.I probably dat have to because o my condition but do wear them when I go in a store but am lucky Syl 's BF had a N95 because he needs them for his job he gave me one. Cant wear the ones that go just around your ears because it falls off when I wear my O2 tubing.
We having a hard time with the garden as it is so cool and rainy here.
Yes. I do sometimes lose my ability to breathe well.. with my asthma and COPD. It is embarrassing to say the least. But you do what you have to. It used to be far worse. I think all the exercising and trying to expand my chest has helped. I have resorted to the electric cart when I go to Costco, unless I am planning to get right in and out. Then my walker will do. I haven't been inside a store since this pandemic started. I don't want to take a chance.

Reactions: Candy

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie, Shayleigh
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Yes. I do sometimes lose my ability to breathe well.. with my asthma and COPD. It is embarrassing to say the least. But you do what you have to. It used to be far worse. I think all the exercising and trying to expand my chest has helped. I have resorted to the electric cart when I go to Costco, unless I am planning to get right in and out. Then my walker will do. I haven't been inside a store since this pandemic started. I don't want to take a chance.
I have trouble wearing a mask, it starts me hyper-ventilating and causes an asthma attack. I had to stay in my car for a while last week because I had an asthma attack and had to use my ventilator. It's really scary!

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
I know what I have to do is loose weight, I feel miserable ...but love food ! I go shopping once a month. Am weary too to go shopping but has to be done. Syl is Diabetic 1so I cant let her go alone...we try to be very careful as some people just don't seem to care. Stay safe my friends !

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
This weather has been rainy.... more than usual. It is great for the yard but not so good for breathing issues.

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been on here much this last couple of weeks.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
We had our car serviced yesterday and did our grocery shopping on the way home, as we like to limit how many times we go out in a month. Not too many people were wearing masks at the Honda dealer, but the grocery store was a different story. Thankfully, I was able to find most of what I was looking for and the produce was beautiful!! Lots of organic options, gluten free, dairy free, etc. They even had toilet tissue! I still didn't need any, so I didn't buy that. I did try some Southern peaches. Anyone in Washington/Oregon/Idaho will laugh. The peaches are smaller than Washington apricots! But they are beyond belief yummy!!! The pits are very small, so at least you feel like you are not being cheated out of the delicious fruit. They even had dragon fruit and pomegranates! And carrot juice!! My favorite.
By the time we got home, I had all those groceries to put away and seven very anxious little yorkies wanting love and attention, since we were gone from 12 noon to 4pm. It will be hard on them when we start going out more, unless we bring them with us, since they have loved having us home all the time! Ha ha! Lexi was also inside, as we have been having severe thunderstorms every afternoon all week. Thankfully, the Lord had the thunderstorms wait for our return home, so we were able to reassure Lexi and keep everyone as calm as possible. The little dogs now know that Lexi can't handle the storms and they no longer react to her barking and nervous energy. That is a good thing!! As long as we are with them, they feel secure and protected.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
I only go once a month shopping, yesterday I had a Glaucoma eye app and stopped at Walmart so I could get some new shorts and Tanktops and couple of things for my Great grandsons Shower. They didn't have motorized cart as they where all in use and to top it off I ran out of Oxygen.I have been having problems with it, I called for a Replacement out with the virus they where not allowed to come out. Going to call again and see if they can come yet... Was not good.
We had some Thunderstorms this Morning, Maggie woke me up barking her Head off. Weirdo wants to go outside and bark at the Storm...was pretty hot here yesterday and today its 20 degree cooler...crazy Weather...

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
It was Thundering off and on all day yesterday .My daughter was at Safeway during one and she said the whole Building shook, scared the heck out of her. They said it will be dry all week.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Our weather is beautiful until late in the afternoon, when we can usually count on a thunderstorm for a bit. Then it clears up and we can go back outside, if we wish. They are pretty dramatic here, with rain coming down in buckets rather than the constant drizzle we were used to in Washington.
I am appalled that Candy is having a hard time getting her oxygen replaced, coronavirus or not!! There is no excuse for that. I would be calling a supervisor or alerting someone above the person who is telling her that.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Have to to a couple places, if I get back soon enough I am calling again. Do got my Big concentrator and my big bottle, it's the portable I have problems with. Cant trust it when I have to go somewhere.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Our weather has been beautiful. With enough rain I don't have to drag the hoses around very often. I did water yesterday and again today. I love the sunshine. Our temps have been jumping around. One day, way too hot.... the next just right. Idaho believes in offering a variety of temps so everyone gets a day they like. LOL. I just wish it wouldn't change 20* at a time. But I love it here.

You probably get cloud bursts in Florida. Does it rain that hard every time it storms? I can't imagine having those kinds of storms very often.

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie, Shayleigh
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Our weather here has been crazy, hot one day and cooler the next. Last year we were getting lots of sun in May and June - this year nothing but clouds - which doesn't help with this COVID-19 epidemic - I just want to get outside. I'm going crazy! I see very few people, only have 8 students - no sun in the forecast for at least 5 days.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I wish I could send a video of the torrential rainstorms that are the norm in Central Florida, where we live. The storms are usually very short lived, but recently, we had a day and night where it poured down rain hard for nearly 24 hours. Thankfully, the sand just sucks it up, so we don't have any flooding in our area, although they do in other areas. Rachel even had a tornado in Lake City, Florida, where she lives. It was just five miles from her house! She hid in her big walk-in closet. We usually have our most severe thunderstorms in the afternoon and early evening, so if we need to get something done, we get out early and accomplish it before the lightning and rain comes! I love it here! Yesterday, it felt like we were in a sauna from the previous 24 hour deluge and the whole time it was in the 80s. It feels wonderful, if you can adjust your mind to it. That is what I have had to do. My husband and Rachel don't even sweat, while it just pours off my face, neck, back, etc! Rachel even wore a velvet dress when we went out and about for her "parents' day" that she plans for us every other Monday. We saw a beautiful paved trail that goes from Hawthorne, all the way to Gainesville that is near our house! I can't wait to go on it, but it will need to be cooler before we attempt it. Both my husband and I now have trailers attached to our bikes so he can finally share the load. I will take four puppies and he will take the three biggest ones. Ha ha!

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I am very proud of all of you for getting out and not letting this Corona Virus stuff slow you down. I wish I could do the same. I have let it get me down and stopped me from going out very much at all. I have been in 2 buildings since it started. Once for blood work and once for getting my nails done.

I need to be out walking.