I am restricted

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I don't know what is essential is either. My Truck Batterie keeps going dead. I don't know if something got left on or not. Batterie is still is under warranty so might have to make a trip down to Les Schwab...always something.
The battery in our SUV also died over the weekend...last weekend. Marlin tried to go to work Monday and it was dead. He finally bought a new charger and we are charging it now. The battery on my riding lawn mower went down during the winter. We got it started this afternoon and I mowed the back yard. Hopefully, we will get the Ford started tomorrow.

Reactions: LynnR

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
We got a power pack too, but son has not tried getting it started yet, but will be on his butt today before he goes to work.. our grass needs mowing, Doug mowed Maggies area twice already and needs it again. Its been to wet though. We had our Rider serviced and is ready to go.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I feel so blessed because our business back in Washington was approved as a necessary business since we manufacture items for medical use as well as infrastructure, agriculture, etc. At least here in Florida, we are allowed to go get our cars repaired, gassed, etc. I hope you can get your needs met!

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
We are up and running again. Things just seem to work out. PTL.
I mowed the backyard. Yippee! I was surprised at the grass I bagged up. Today, I used the push mower out front and got it mowed too. I wasn't very fast but I got it done. It is good exercise. (One garbage bag full). It looks so nice. We have had rain off and on so it has really grown.

I keep finding small projects that need done and that keeps me busy. I find one thing each day. It keeps me sane and I don't mind staying home when I am getting small things accomplished.

Stay safe everyone. I love each of you more than you will ever know. Hugs and prayers.

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie, Shayleigh
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
I cleaned my whole house - even washed the doggie beds, etc. etc. I was exhausted and then had to teach in the afternoon. Had a good sleep last night.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Since our business in Washington has been classified as essential, I have still had my usual bookkeeping responsibilities to keep me somewhat busy. The puppies have been especially happy to have more time to play with us. My husband has been doing a lot of yard work.
I am worried about JoOnni, Bobbi. I hope she is doing well and does not come down with this virus, either. Please let us know how you all are doing. We care!! My prayers are that all of us will stay well and that our family and friends won't be adversely affected by this illness. Our county has a total of 14 cases, with one new one being diagnosed as of last night. Rachel's county has 9 cases with one new one being diagnosed last night, as well. It is very quiet at our place anyway, but it is even more quiet now. I don't have any neighbor's phone numbers, so I cannot call to see if they are okay. I am especially worried about our elderly neighbor who is a widow. I haven't seen her or her little black chihuahua for a week now. I walk past her house on the way to the mailboxes every afternoon. I wave and call out a hello, but there is never any response. She does have adult children who come check on her, so maybe she went to stay with them, or they are staying with her. There is a pickup truck there that usually isn't there.

Reactions: grandmatoall

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Since our business in Washington has been classified as essential, I have still had my usual bookkeeping responsibilities to keep me somewhat busy. The puppies have been especially happy to have more time to play with us. My husband has been doing a lot of yard work.
I am worried about JoOnni, Bobbi. I hope she is doing well and does not come down with this virus, either. Please let us know how you all are doing. We care!! My prayers are that all of us will stay well and that our family and friends won't be adversely affected by this illness. Our county has a total of 14 cases, with one new one being diagnosed as of last night. Rachel's county has 9 cases with one new one being diagnosed last night, as well. It is very quiet at our place anyway, but it is even more quiet now. I don't have any neighbor's phone numbers, so I cannot call to see if they are okay. I am especially worried about our elderly neighbor who is a widow. I haven't seen her or her little black chihuahua for a week now. I walk past her house on the way to the mailboxes every afternoon. I wave and call out a hello, but there is never any response. She does have adult children who come check on her, so maybe she went to stay with them, or they are staying with her. There is a pickup truck there that usually isn't there.
I really hope your elderly neighbor is ok and her little dog too. This is a very stressful time for everyone!

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
I don't know where you all getting all this Energy from...will you please send me some pretty please ?? I have a hard time sleeping @ night then I am tired all day and have a hard time staying awake during the Day :sleepy:

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
They were tired from watching you zoom around cleaning. LOL.

We are doing good so far. Marlin is still working graveyard at Walmart. He is taking all the precautions he can. The store is tightening up on rules to follow. I worry about him.

JoOnni and Ray are still visiting Costco and a few other places. I really worry about them doing that.... but I have no control over what they do or where they go. I can only love them and pray for them. They say they are taking precautions.....

I am picking a small project each day. It keeps my mind busy. I overdid it on Thursday, so I didn't get anything done yesterday. I love the sunny days, when we have them.

Stay safe everyone.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Tell Martin to stay Safe !!! It suppose to be nice all week, heard we even have a 70 coming up. Maybe we get a couple of Walkies in with the Stroller.
We have to go to Costco today too, hate to but running low on grocery's since we only go once a month. Syl got me a mask.Its the only place we are going. Sure pray they have TP this time as we are running out.Tomorrow have a app.for a Oil change which has to be done and during that time Maggie is getting her hair cut, she is so scruffy...

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
We are very low on groceries, but toilet tissue and disinfectant is still doing good. Since we have to take Lexi to the vet on Wednesday, we will go out and get groceries to last another month. Poor Kubota is refusing to eat the Mazuri Tortoise diet and it has been impossible to get Romaine lettuce here, so we are taking her for hour long walks and letting her forage for what she might want to eat. I worry about her. I am still not sure if I want to wear a mask when going out. I have an issue with having something over my face/nose. We do have two N95 masks that we have had for years from our business. I would be afraid of being accused of taking them from doctors and nurses, but these masks have not been kept in sterile condition, so they wouldn't take them anyway. I hope we all stay healthy and safe. I am praying for a remedy, soon!.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I want to go for a walk. So I need to wear a mask. I have a small box of simple masks that I got a long time ago. Marlin's job hasn't told them to wear a mask yet, but I imagine it is coming. I am going to sit down and make some masks. I have the material to do so. (I am not sure about elastic.) I can make the tie ones if I don't have elastic.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
It was no fun having my o2 on and the mask on, kept breathing to fast and hard and braking out into a sweat, not gonna do that again, even though I feel funny I am gonna ride one of those shopping Carts. They didn't have half the stuff I needed and "NO TP":mad: :irate:
Poor Kubota. Are you able to grow it ?

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Where I live there hasn't been any toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizing soap or hand sanitizer every since this began. No matter what time I go I still can't find any of these things. I'm going to try again today. I only go out 2x a week.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
The good news about Lexi is that her check up went well. However, she was quite uncooperative about giving blood and the sample they took came out with strange results, so the vet wants to repeat the blood test. I also need to get a poop and pee sample for them. Wish me luck on that one!!
We went to three different stores and were able to find everything we needed except for one or two items. There was no toilet tissue, tissues, or paper towels. No bleach except in high priced small bottles, so I skipped getting any. I still have some at home and hope that by the time I run out, things will be more reasonable. At Walmart, they encouraged only one person in a household to enter the store and they made me wait outside until they determined when I could enter. I was able to find some Romaine lettuce for Kubota, but not wishing to look like I was hoarding, I only took two (even though she eats one a day!). I feel that people should come before spoiled tortoises! Ha ha.
Kubota's vet recommended chopping just a few leaves from the romaine and adding it to her Mazuri diet. I also cut up one strawberry (she loves!!!) and made a nice salad for her. She gobbled it up!! Hooray! They vet told me that tortoises take a full month to digest their food, so it was good we were able to get her to eat again before she ran out of her "stores."