I am restricted

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I am restricted to my house until this virus thing runs it's course. Michelle told me yesterday and Shannon called today. My lungs are a mess. Shannon is a medical, so she is up on all of this stuff. I probably would not survive getting the virus. So, I am on lockdown until it blows over.

We now have 7 confirmed cases in our area. The city is working at closing down schools, the library, and all senior activities thru the rec center. More restrictions coming. They have canceled any public events, games, concerts, etc. The usual things, just like everyone else. Shannon said they are canceling any elective surgeries through St.Lukes (where she works) and St Al's. Those are our two top medical groups. Only emergency surgeries will be preformed. The hospitals are restricting visitors to 2 a day...and they will have to be tested first.

I imagine the same things are being done in your areas too.

Since I will be home now, I am planning to work on some deep cleaning of my house. I have lots of stuff to go through and places to clean out... closets, storage spaces, my garage, etc. The babies and I will be in the house and back yard. Safety precautions. With lots of prayer.

Stay safe my friends.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I do hope you will be able to miss getting this, Bobbi! My sister's husband has a condition in his lungs that is fatal, although not cancer. She is an RN working hospice care, so they are also being extremely careful so that her husband does not become exposed to the virus. In the Everett area, where we used to live, the hospitals are not allowing any visitors at all and all elective surgeries that require an overnight stay are canceled. Schools and churches are canceling services. Here in Florida, our church is still having services, but under strict hygiene rules and no handshaking or hugs. Schools have been canceled and the poor people who run restaurants are having a real hard time. Rachel's school job teaching piano has quit for the rest of the month, and possibly longer. Her job to play cello at a wedding was also canceled. She is frantic, as this is her sole source of income. A good time to trust God to help. We will help her, financially. Thankfully, she doesn't owe much except her monthly bills for the usual. She bought her house free and clear from the sale of her own house in Washington. All of our children have been calling to make sure we are okay, since we fit into the older generation category. Thankfully, we do not have any underlying conditions and are in good health. As long as we stay put for awhile, I think we will be okay. We are praying for this to end soon and for all our friends to be safe and healthy!

• Love
Reactions: grandmatoall

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I have Asthma and various food and environmental allergies so I am at risk also.
Lynn, do you still teach all your children? Rachel's teaching at the Christian school was stopped and some of her private students have stopped, as well. Children may not have severe cases of it, but they are sure efficient at spreading it around! I hope you stay well. I am praying to God for a hedge of protection for you and Bobbi and Candy!!

• Love

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie, Shayleigh
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Lynn, do you still teach all your children? Rachel's teaching at the Christian school was stopped and some of her private students have stopped, as well. Children may not have severe cases of it, but they are sure efficient at spreading it around! I hope you stay well. I am praying to God for a hedge of protection for you and Bobbi and Candy!!
So far the schools are still open here. There are only one or two cases here and none have died. I have bought all kinds of things like foam sanitizer, lysol spray, lysol wipes to clean the Piano, computer, etc. etc. so I am still teaching - most are still coming for lessons - but that could change very quickly. I'm praying like mad for everyone in the world and especially all those who are sick.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Sure sounds bad. They only want us to go out for grocery's, work or Medical reasons. We are ok here with food for a couple of weeks as I went to Costco..just wished I would of bought a little more and wished that they had TP and people not being so greedy. Good Grief people must have enough to last for a yr.

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Here everyone is buying toilet paper, hand sanitizer, etc. etc. and canned goods - yesterday nothing on the shelves for those things. People were pushing and shoving. Now most of the stores are putting a sign "Only two per customer"

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Same here Lynn, going to need TP real soon too.
Haven't been feeling to well, my Arthritis in my legs and back are killing me. Last night I finally got a little sleep after 4 days of tossing and turning ... still sleepy...havent been to a store for a while, but Son is going to Walmart in a while so I will see how it goes !

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I somehow caught the flu bug. It had me worried the second day. All I could do was drink, sleep and potty. I could not stay awake. It lasted about 48 hours. I am still not back to normal strength, but things are looking up. I am so glad it wasn't the bad stuff.

I started feeling rough Wed evening. By morning I was dog sick. Most of Wed was a blur. Thursday evening I started feeling better and finally got up to my recliner. I am so thankful.

Hang in there everyone. This too shall pass. Keep positive and take all precautions.
Someone was exposed at JoOnni's job and came to work. Thank heavens she was tested and came back negative. I got the all clear yesterday.

Now a nurse that works with Shannon is being tested. If she is positive, then everyone she has been around has to be tested too. Her brother came back from NY and exposed their family. He is really sick. He refuses to get tested.

They will have the results on Monday. The bad thing is... both she and her husband worked for 4 days without telling anyone. (She is training in surgery, putting people to sleep! Her hubby is also a nurse.) They have exposed all of their surgical patients plus the other staff and doctors. I'm sorry, that is just irresponsible and selfish! It really upsets me. But, I am trying to stay positive. God will handle it.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Update:

She is negative! PTL. But... like Shannon said... They all work at ground zero. They are as careful as they can be. You just never know.

Thank you for your prayers! My kids are safe and that is a blessing.

LynnR

Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Cute!!!! I don't understand the thing with "toilet paper" - our grocery stores are now limiting 1 per family for now. Seniors can shop between 7:00 - 8:00 AM for necessities. Here there is no hand sanitizer, baby wipes, Lysol spray, etc. etc.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
We have similar provisions for seniors here, too. Our shopping time at Walmart is 6-7am and Ollies is 9-10am. We haven't tried it yet, since I heard from my brother that the stores are still empty of a lot of food. Grrr. Such selfishness by some people to take way more than they need and leaving little to nothing for the rest of us. I normally do shop once a month for staples, but fresh produce doesn't keep well here, so I like to go once a week for that. Poor Kubota has been stuck on her Mazuri Tortoise diet rather than her romaine lettuce, since they don't have any. There are people who are reselling their huge stock for higher prices so they can make some money. I would rather go without than to pay someone like that. For the most part, people have been kind and considerate here--no pushing or shoving or trying to grab things out from under someone else. We have a pretty large senior population here, so maybe that is why. The older generation have been taught better manners than all those sweet children raised in daycares.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Finally went shopping today after a good vet appointment with the kitty. They had everything I needed, although they were out of a LOT! I just didn't need toilet paper. They had lots of paper towels and fresh produce. I bought produce, of course and some soy milk (we are allergic to milk) and some Killer Dave's bread (the only kind left and our favorite, so that was good!). I got kitty food and bleach and laundry detergent, too! I was happy. People were sparse in the store and some were wearing masks. At the vet's office, they only allowed one patient at a time into the clinic. We were to wait in our car until they called us inside. Kitty gained a whole pound and she is definitely visually impaired, but enough vision to be playful and get herself around. She got her last shots and the next appointment I have is on the 8th of April for Lexi's annual exam. by then, I hope things have calmed down, but who knows??????

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Idaho is now on lock down. You can go to the hospital and the grocery store. And a few essential places. We are not sure what is essential yet.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Idaho is now on lock down. You can go to the hospital and the grocery store. And a few essential places. We are not sure what is essential yet.
I don't know what is essential is either. My Truck Batterie keeps going dead. I don't know if something got left on or not. Batterie is still is under warranty so might have to make a trip down to Les Schwab...always something.