Happy Thanksgiving !

Discussion in 'Partner Talk' started by Candy, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
  2. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.

Poo:
    Poo:
  3. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    [​IMG]

cathy.akers and grandmatoall like this.
  4. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    That is one cool turkey. :roflma:

cathy.akers and LynnR like this.
  5. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Sorry for the late Thanksgiving wishes. The movers delivered our stuff Wednesday night so we were busy unpacking on Thanksgiving. We did go for dinner at my brothers. They told us what time to arrive but when we got there, they were all finished eating! Oh well. The food was still hot and tasted great!

cathy.akers, LynnR and grandmatoall like this.
  6. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Happy Thanksgiving to you also. I'll bet it was nice to see your stuff again.

cathy.akers and KippersMa like this.
  7. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    Well, Susan, now you will have Christmas to celebrate with family - sorry you missed the dinner time for Thanksgiving.

grandmatoall and cathy.akers like this.
  8. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Yes, we will have a wonderful Christmas dinner with family. Rachel will be here on the 10th of December and will stay until February. She is bringing PleyEl. Erard got a new home with our pastor's family and he loves it! He is getting a lot more attention, but Rachel heard that he still waits by the door for her to come back. It broke her heart to have him go, but airlines will not allow such a large dog to travel on the airplane and he is a cold weather dog and would be miserable here.

grandmatoall and cathy.akers like this.
  9. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    That's great news that Rachel will be there soon. I'm sorry about her dog Erard, it is so sad that he still waits for her, I hope he will feel more at home soon.

grandmatoall and KippersMa like this.
  10. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Glad Rachel is spending the Holidays with you, and i bet you are very busy. I am sorry about Rachels Erard !

grandmatoall likes this.
  11. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am happy Rachel and PlayEl will be there soon. They can enjoy your lovely home and property. She will love it. Will she be starting school there soon?

12. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Rachel had originally planned to start school in the Fall, but the selling of her house and the packing with moving is more than she can handle. She decided to get settled here in Florida first, and then begin. Our move away from her has been harder on her than I imagined it would be. She is so independent, but she is also so autistic. I should have realized that! Meanwhile, the house has had some offers, but they are not what Rachel is looking for, so she is waiting for the right offer. I am proud of her for hanging in there and not being swayed by the very first offers she has received. One person offered $50,000 less than she listed her property for!! Another person wanted her to wait until February to close (she may actually go back to that family if she doesn't sell the house before then because they still would love to buy the house).
    We are praying that the weather will be okay for PleyEl to travel by air to come here. It can't be too cold or too hot, since he will be in the cargo area of the airplane.

13. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    There are planes that have heated cargo areas for animals. I'd check that out. How long is the flight? Will there be layovers? Can she get him out during any layovers? I have lots of questions, as you can see. I was just wondering. When we adopted Leo and Lilly, they were on a direct flight from Tennessee to Phoenix, Arizona. So JoOnni and I drove there to get them. I didn't want them to have a layover.

14. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    They won't even let Rachel arrange the flight until the day before!!! (American Airlines, on the flight she is taking). She is scared that they won't have room if she waits that long. I am not sure about layovers. I will have to ask her. I know that my vet signed papers for all of my dogs saying that they had to stay within certain temperatures when traveling.

grandmatoall likes this.
  15. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    I found that out when i was checking flights for Maggie and know it can't be too hot or cold and i would of only fly direct if i would of gone that way. Rachel can also get a mild sedative to mellow PleyEl out just a bit so she won't be so scared.

grandmatoall likes this.
  16. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Actually, the airline requires that dogs be sedated, so she will definitely do that. I tried to convince Rachel to have him certified as an emotional support animal, but she is not willing to do that.

grandmatoall likes this.