Happy Thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'Partner Talk' started by pawbaby, Nov 22, 2017.

1. pawbaby

pawbaby Moderator

Poo:
    Poo:
    I just wanted to wish all of my dear friends that live in the US a very happy Thanksgiving holiday tomorrow! :carving_the_turkey::pilgrim_girl-2011::pilgrim-1982:
    :thanksgiving_dinner

[​IMG]

LynnR, grandmatoall and KippersMa like this.
  2. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Thank you! We have one day off and then work Friday and Saturday. We plan to attend Rachel's church. She is playing piano for it. Then she has invited us for dinner.

pawbaby, Candy and grandmatoall like this.
  3. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy. RIP Leo, TJ and Lilly

Poo:
    Poo:
    We are going to Shannon's house. It will be fun.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone. Thank you Cory and Susan.

LynnR and pawbaby like this.
  4. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Calleigh, Maggie &Molly

Poo:
    Poo:
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY AMERICAN FRIENDS
    [​IMG]

:carving_the_turkey::pilgrim-1982::thanksgiving_turkey

grandmatoall, pawbaby and KippersMa like this.
  5. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Eggnog
    Happy Thanksgiving !
    [​IMG]

Getting ready to stuff the Turkey, Syl is coming up to help. I don't mind cooking but hate the Cleanup !
    :thanksgiving_dinner

LynnR and pawbaby like this.
  6. pawbaby

pawbaby Moderator

Poo:
    Poo:
    We were just watching the Macy day parade on TV. Years ago we attended in when we were in New York over your Thanksgiving holiday. It's sure something to see!

Hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving day today!

grandmatoall and LynnR like this.
  7. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    We had a great time with Rachel. We played music together. My husband played the bells and triangle, Rachel played her cello, and I played the piano. It was great fun! She made a lovely meal with unique items and lots of treats. She was working on a 2,000 piece jigsaw puzzle, so we helped her get farther on that. The time we had to visit and share with her was memorable. The puppies all came with us and we're well behaved. They are happier to be home though!

pawbaby and grandmatoall like this.
  8. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Calleigh, Maggie &Molly

Poo:
    Poo:
    Sounds great, Susan. I'm glad you had such a great time. Music always adds to the fun!

KippersMa, pawbaby and grandmatoall like this.
  9. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    We went to Shannon's for dinner. Everyone showed up and we had a wonderful meal. I love visiting with family and friends. We drew names for Christmas. That is always fun.

JoOnni wanted to go to Walmart, so I went with her. I was at the spot I needed to be at 6 and was out in the car by 6:15. I am too old for all these Black Friday sales. LOL.

KippersMa and pawbaby like this.
  10. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Eggnog
    Our Dinner was also great Turkey was so tender and moist and side Dishes where too specially the Yams Syl made.Darn i forgot to buy Hoagies as i love putting Cream Cheese, Turkey and Cranberry Sandwiches.
    Glad you all had a Fun Thanksgiving !

KippersMa and pawbaby like this.
  11. pawbaby

pawbaby Moderator

Poo:
    Poo:
    We drew names at Paul's birthday on November 15th to get the name of our secret Santa. We've done this for quite a few years and the boys all find it's lots of fun. I'm almost done my Christmas shopping already! Emilio's cousin Rita and her husband Sam are coming to visit this Monday for a week. I won't be putting up our decorations and tree for Christmas until after they leave. Monday night we are celebrating Nolan's eighth birthday here and I'll likely be cooking most of Sunday while the Grey Cup game is going on. Everyone is coming over for Nolan's birthday and Rita and Sam will be here too! Marc and Ryan will be over watching the game with Emilio this coming Sunday. The Grey Cup is like your Super Bowl in the US.

So glad you all had a really nice Thanksgiving day celebration!

grandmatoall and KippersMa like this.
  12. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    We won't be putting up our Christmas tree this year because I just know the kittens will have a heyday with it! I will put out some of the cute Christmas figures and hang our wreath by the front door and that will be it for us this year. No grandchildren are coming this year. Amy (in Oregon) is pregnant with Number 8 and our son (with his wife and 6 little children) doesn't celebrate Christmas (they attend a Messianic congregation that observes the Jewish holy days instead). I will try to make it look as festive as I can, even so. I just don't want to worry about the kittens knocking off the decorations and then having the dogs chew them up.

grandmatoall likes this.
  13. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I don't blame you Susan. Cats love to climb Christmas trees. And to play with bobbles on the tree. I have mine up already. I love the lights.

KippersMa likes this.
  14. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Eggnog
    I love Decorating for xmas but Mom puts a Tree up at the last minute and i hate it...

15. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Here is a little video Rachel took while I was putting up just the tree (no ornaments because it is too risky).

16. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    You are doing a great job decorating. All the babies want to check out the boxes to see if there is something in there for them What fun..

KippersMa likes this.
  17. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Eggnog
    Awe very cute and sure are curious !

grandmatoall and KippersMa like this.
  18. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am so glad I didn't put up much for decorations. What I did put out has been thoroughly checked out, knocked over and tasted! I have been chasing the kitties around with the spray bottle, so they seem to be leaving everything alone this morning. In many ways, cats are a lot more work than my puppies! But we love them. Today, I covered the Button family with a white sheet except for one end. Hopefully, the kitties will not be able to scare them if they get in the bathroom where they are. Last time, Mama Button was sitting on a clutch of eggs and Gongjunim got in the bathroom without us seeing her and scared the buttons so badly that she left her nest and wouldn't go back to it. She has laid six more eggs, has been spending a lot of time near them, so maybe she will raise a family after all. It takes 17 days for the eggs to hatch. My society finches also had a nest of eggs they were dutifully incubating and when I tried to turn on the light for them, I knocked the nest down and the tiny embryos didn't make it. I felt terrible. They are making another nest and I secured it better this time! I am so thankful for all my animal friends! They give me something to do and the dogs and cats are affectionate when I am feeling lonely. The birds sing sweet songs that cheer my heart and help me remember that God created all creatures to praise Him. If His creatures do not, He says even the rocks will cry out praises to Him! How thankful I am to know Him and to be His child. This has been a glorious Thanksgiving!

grandmatoall likes this.
  19. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

KippersMa likes this.
  20. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Eggnog