HAPPY EASTER everyone

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
We had a lovely Resurrection Sunday! We went to the chilly sunrise service at the lake where we take our walks after church and then had breakfast together with others who came. Our pastor's mom died on Saturday of cancer, so he was not there until the actual Sunday service. Another pastor preached for him and it was so excellent! Rachel played a cello piece with orchestral background and then a piano piece with orchestral background because the person who was supposed to do the special could not be there (sick). It was so touching! The little girls from Sunday school sang, "Praise Him, Praise Him all ye little children..." Darling!!
I hope you all had a thoughtful day as well! It is snowing on and off this morning, but nothing is sticking. Amazing, since it is now April!!!

Reactions: grandmatoall

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
We had a lovely Resurrection Sunday! We went to the chilly sunrise service at the lake where we take our walks after church and then had breakfast together with others who came. Our pastor's mom died on Saturday of cancer, so he was not there until the actual Sunday service. Another pastor preached for him and it was so excellent! Rachel played a cello piece with orchestral background and then a piano piece with orchestral background because the person who was supposed to do the special could not be there (sick). It was so touching! The little girls from Sunday school sang, "Praise Him, Praise Him all ye little children..." Darling!!
I hope you all had a thoughtful day as well! It is snowing on and off this morning, but nothing is sticking. Amazing, since it is now April!!!
[/QUOTE

Well, the snow here is sticking and I'm not happy at all. It snowed all night. Were Cory lives is even colder. It's actually supposed to be cold all week.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
We had lots and lots of snow just five minutes up our road, but we only got the flakes and no accumulations. It was sunny then for the rest of the afternoon! Sure did cheer up my husband! He and Buddy had a silly fun day. As for me, well Rachel came over as she is going to do all week long because we are sewing 12 dresses this week! We got two almost done today and it will go faster tomorrow because we are all set to go and have a routine now. I hate sewing, so this is my big challenge this week, along with trying to still do my work for our business.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Well, we did it! We actually ended up making 13 dresses. Six were mine, and the other seven were for Rachel. I am SO GLAD it is over. I barely managed to stay on top of things for work, but have just finished the quarterly taxes and reports and filed all my papers that piled up while I was busy sewing! Thank you all for your kind comments.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I am proud of you! I knew you would accomplish all your tasks. Did you take pictures of your dresses? I'd like to see them.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I did have pictures, Bobbi, but cannot post them on this site. Sorry. The dresses were all one pattern for Rachel and another pattern for me, but each of our dresses were the same pattern with different fabrics. The fabric was called Tropical Breeze fabric and does not require ironing after you iron out the creases from manufacturing, of course. We both feel so spoiled with all these dresses! We order our fabric from back East because they do not carry decent dress fabric in conservative patterns in this part of the country.