Happy Birthday Bobbi! :bcake:

:blow::cake::gift:

I hope you have an awesome day!

Reactions: LynnR

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Thank you Candy, Lynn and Cory. I had a wonderful birthday. We will celebrate with the family next weekend. Everyone had prior commitments or had to work on Sunday. Except JoOnni. She took me out to dinner and a movie. Judy went with us. Marlin wasn't feeling good and had to rest up for work.

My card friends, Pat, Carole, Kitty, etc gave me a surprise birthday on Saturday. With Gluten free chocolate cake and crafting gifts after out shoebox card group. I loved it.

Reactions: pawbaby and LynnR

pawbaby

Aug 29, 2008
That sounds like a lovely day and the good thing is you get to celebrate again. I know with our family it always seems hard to get everyone schedules coordinating for birthdays so we often celebrate after the actual day!

Reactions: grandmatoall

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
May you be blessed with many more HAPPY birthdays, Bobbi! I am sure your Roxy and Sandy are giving you plenty of birthday loves! I am happy for you that your card group made you feel special! You ARE special to all of us. Enjoy the whole week before the family celebration. I think that by the time we reach our ages, we have earned a week long celebration! Just don’t get too warned out. We need you healthy and playful! I wrote this yesterday, but for some reason, it did not post. This is my second try.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Thank you so much Cory and Susan. It may be a busy week for us. Marlins youngest sister Ronda had surgery on her foot today. She fell last year at work and really messed it up. They finally had to put plates and screws in it this morning. She has to stay completely off of it for 3 months. Her health isn't that good. Both of her knees are bad and she has trouble getting around. We should find out sometime tomorrow what the recovery plan is going to be. They are keeping her in the hospital for 2-3 days before moving her to a recovery center. It is workman's comp that is making the determination. I won't get into this until we find out more from them.

Her surgery went well and that is wonderful.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I will keep Ronda in my prayers as she recovers from this surgery. When I had my foot surgery years ago, I don't know what I would have done if my knees had been bad, too. She will probably have to be in a wheelchair instead of the rolling cart that you put your knee on to get you around. I also hopped about, especially up the 18 steps to my office and into the bathroom. My husband would carry my cart up for me so I only had to get that far. I got lots of exercise, that is for sure! I was off my foot for three months, too.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I am glad you were able to work things out with hopping on your good leg. That's what I did when I had my knee replacement. It works.

Ronda can't do that. Her good leg is the one they operated on. Her other one keeps failing her and she falls often. Both entries into her home have steep stairs. And her doorways are narrow. I am sure we will be able to figure something out. It will all depend on what they decide she can handle. She may spend some time in a care facility until she can get around. She is really heavy and it will be difficult to get her in and out of things.

She can definitely use all the prayers she can get. Thank you. We are also praying for her. I know it will all work out... I am just not sure how, yet... but it will.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Big hugs for Ronda, Syl's Stepmom and my Friend had something similar and had to put a plate and screws and was told she can't walk for 6-8 weeks. They found one of those Scooters where you put your Knee on but if Ronda has bad knees that may not work for her