Happy 4th of July!

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
WE spent our 4th with Rachel again. Swimming in her lovely salt water pool, eating lovely and healthy meals and helping her do some chores, etc. My husband spray washed her picket fence so she can get that painted and also the pool area. It looked so wonderful when it was done. I taught Rachel how to change out a toilet seat, helped clean her kitchen, garage and workshop and installed an air conditioner that my brother gave her for her art room (it is a darling little shed that she calls her "She Shed." It was a lovely time and we were pretty worn out when we drove back on Monday!

Reactions: grandmatoall

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie, Shayleigh
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
I guess you were tired! I bet Rachel's home looks great. I'm so glad you are all so happy in Florida. It's raining here today. Yesterday was beautiful though!

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Isn't family wonderful. It makes you feel really good when you can help them and they appreciate the help. :)

Reactions: LynnR

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Rachel was asked which landscaping service she was using and she told the man that she does it herself (which is true 99% of the time). He was amazed!! Her property looks like a beautifully maintained park, with everything clipped nicely and clean walkways, etc. I am really proud of her. She keeps telling me that she feels tired and I always remind her about how much she is doing (and she has pernicious anemia, so she always has to take iron supplements) and she says, "Oh yeah, I guess I did do a lot today (yesterday, etc). She is so funny! We do need to remind her to take it easy, as she cannot tell when she has overworked. That is why we go up to help her every once in awhile. She just called this morning and told us that a large tree fell down in her front yard, so I imagine we will be taking another trip up to have my husband cut up the tree for her (she has a real fireplace that she can burn the wood).

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
We did end up going to Rachel's house and got her big tree cut up. The best part was that her neighbor came over and offered to bring his tractor over to haul away the big chunks and put them in his burn pile! It only took us 90 minutes to clean up the whole mess! The next morning, we got to swim in her pool and enjoy a wonderful Sabbath rest! We then headed home to our disaster after the tree cutter left. We finally finished picking up all the tree limbs and pieces of wood today. Our pile is so huge now, it is incredible!! It is kind of fun to realize we (mostly me) hauled all that debris to our chosen spot. My husband was in charge of cutting the pieces into small enough that I could lift them into the lawn tractor trailer and then throw them off onto the pile. I did have to take some Ibuprofen last night for a very sore shoulder, but it isn't hurting at all today and I did sleep very well! Now all I have to do is mow the grass and rake the leaves with our lawn tractor leaf catcher. That is the fun part!!

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Our neighbors are surprised that I can mow our back yard. (With the shape I am in.) What they don't seem to realize is.... it is fun! I love driving the lawn mower around the yard. I almost wish our yard was bigger. LOL. I am like a little kid with a new toy. The joy hasn't lessened any over the last 12 years.

Until I get back in shape, I probably could not load and unload the wood like you do. My breathing and back pain have gone down hill the last year. But... they will get better. I have faith. PTL.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Bobbi, I feel the same way you do about riding around on my lawn tractor! The lovely part of this is that my brother gifted the lawn tractor and all the accessories to us when we moved here! What a sweet brother. They also gave us a lawn mower. Both were in need of inexpensive repair and their son did not want to mess with the repairs, so he just wanted to get rid of them (they were gifts to him from my brother). Anyway, it has been such a blessing to have them as we try to tame our jungle! Haha! The next big project is a fence so the babies can go outside and be with us when we are in the yard. I can't wait for that to happen! They love being with us, as do we love being with them. Today was a rest day, as we meet for Bible study every Thursday with my brother and his wife. They are our only contacts other than my daughter, Rachel. It really is encouraging to get to have some social time in these trying times.