Happy 4th of July!!

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
We had an amazing 4th at Rachel's house! God provided all the fireworks! The thunderstorms were severe and lasted for hours. The next morning, was sunny and calm. We went on a 90 minute bike ride and then jumped into her pool for another hour to cool off! We had driven the RV up so the dogs would have a place where they would feel safe during the thunderstorms. I sat with them while the RV rocked and lightning flashed and thunder roared. Over and Over. The dogs did pretty good. We tried a new method to help them not worry so much about thunder and lightning. We give them treats to chew while the storm is going on and they hardly notice it! We hope to replace their fear with something yummy and nice. I will let you know if we are successful. Last night, only Lexi was still concerned. The rest did MUCH better!

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Well, the chewies and treats worked for the little ones, but Lexi is still disturbed. We have been putting her in her kennel when the storms start if she won't get interested in a treat, just to keep the others from getting upset.

Reactions: grandmatoall

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Sorry Ladies, forgot to enter my 4th of July post, and yesterday it was Costco shopping day.
Maggie did ok she just barked. Just a few people shot some firework off, she barked more when it was Thunder & Lightning

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I am so very thankful that everyone shot off the stuff they had on the 4th. It has been quiet ever since. PTL. Sandy was still worried for a couple of days after that... but she is getting back to normal now.